Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24369 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: IT LIVES!
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2014, 12:42:43 pm »

PTW

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »

Please dont let this die...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2014, 02:56:33 pm »

I'd take over.... but I already have two games to watch over, and I didn't even mean to take over one.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »

Sorry fellas, but this thing's just too darn big for me to update consistently. I'll happily give the map out to anybody who wants to give a shot at running it, but I will warn them in advance that the total map numbers over 4 BILLION pixels, and the settlement alone is a hefty 4.6 million, so it'll be a little bit of an undertaking.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Sorry fellas, but this thing's just too darn big for me to update consistently. I'll happily give the map out to anybody who wants to give a shot at running it, but I will warn them in advance that the total map numbers over 4 BILLION pixels, and the settlement alone is a hefty 4.6 million, so it'll be a little bit of an undertaking.
:o Does it really need to be so big?? Could you "zoom it out?" Make the features smaller and have it represent a larger area?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2014, 06:31:55 pm »

I could 'zoom out' to a total of 17 million pixels total, but then each building would be a single pixel and you'd have to tell them apart by color. What I might be able to do though is zoom it to that amount and then have people focus on managing the nation as a whole instead of the individual villages. Still a lot of bookkeeping, but it's a start.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2014, 06:43:46 pm »

I might give it a go. Do you have some rules written down Wwolin?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2014, 08:37:30 pm »

It's been pretty freeform so far, with rules being created as it goes along. Also, I'm definitely shrinking the map, because no sites want to host an image of 40.3 Gb. But I'll get it to you once it's scaled down.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]