Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 51045 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:36:11 am »

Here's a gameplay video.

And the website.

September 17th [Hopefully]. Speculation and discussion, not sure why there wasn't already a topic, so I made this.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:57:17 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is coming out next month.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:40:44 am »

I'm betting it will be awesome, I haven't really played a GTA game I didn't like. But I'm not desperate for it -maybe Saints Row curbed that itch- so I'm more concerned with when it goes on sale than when it releases.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:05:43 am »

Interested, but after GTA4 I'm going to wait a few and see how it performs on the PC.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nachodsk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:06:02 am »

For me the BEST GTA for now is San Andreas, that history.. oh my god...

In characters Episodes from liberty city (ft. Yasuf Amir)

So i hope GTA V will be a mix of both.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 11:32:42 am »

Maybe worth a rental.  Might pick up in a few months to play it co-op.  If there isn't one, drastically lower chance of an actual buy.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:33:34 pm »

The multiplayer gameplay looks amazing! No need for a mod to get it this time. I'm not sure how good the game itself will be. I am hopeful we will have decent performace on consoles and pc since the graphics are the same from IV and most people should have upgraded or soon to be upgraded from the graphics cards of April 2008. My GTX 670 ran it very well in my old rig.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »

I really want it and I will definitely be buying it. The question is: will I crack and buy it for my PS3 or will I wait to get it on PC like I really want?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 01:42:00 pm »

I see they're doing that delayed PC release thing again.

The monsters.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 01:45:08 pm »

It's telling that they didn't make it for new consoles.

EDIT: Oh my god, that gas mask is awesome.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:48:20 pm by Sergarr »
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »

For me the BEST GTA for now is San Andreas, that history.. oh my god...

San Andreas 5ever!
*highfive*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 01:52:40 pm »

aren't consoles a total joke by now

barely anyone gives two shits about improving pcs compared with the past, now we have miniaturization and on top of that there hasn't been a console for... two gens? that started out better re: hardware than an "average" pc has and the next one isn't even trying

it's all about the smartphones and tablets and let's carry the games everywhere you go on devices that are slapped with drm by the guy who sold it to you in the first place so we don't have to give a shit about making our own i mean who cares about consumers installing their own software that they made legally right we gotta show these dastardly pirates

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 03:08:40 pm »

barely anyone gives two shits about improving pcs compared with the past, now we have miniaturization and on top of that there hasn't been a console for... two gens? that started out better re: hardware than an "average" pc has and the next one isn't even trying

it's all about the smartphones and tablets and let's carry the games everywhere you go on devices that are slapped with drm by the guy who sold it to you in the first place so we don't have to give a shit about making our own i mean who cares about consumers installing their own software that they made legally right we gotta show these dastardly pirates

Tell us how you really feel LSP.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 03:20:39 pm »

are you poking at me consciously derailing this thread or the fact i'm throwing blog-tier posts around

because i wanted to provoke a console debate here you see

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

are you poking at me consciously derailing this thread or the fact i'm throwing blog-tier posts around

because i wanted to provoke a console debate here you see

YES.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »

So, erm, GTA5 is coming out next month.
Hmmm. Okay I suppose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38