Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)  (Read 9446 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Cellar)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:19 am »

That... was a lot of uses of "beautiful." You might want to cut back on that.
Anyways, we may as well agree. Also, ask her about the "spells" her girl is using. Is the pronunciation difference on purpose as a way to stop her blowing up the house and turning into a Magical Girl, the result of... different Elf methods of magic, or just due to lack of a teacher?
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 06:18:06 am »

That... was a lot of uses of "beautiful." You might want to cut back on that.
Anyways, we may as well agree. Also, ask her about the "spells" her girl is using. Is the pronunciation difference on purpose as a way to stop her blowing up the house and turning into a Magical Girl, the result of... different Elf methods of magic, or just due to lack of a teacher?
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 07:15:19 am »

Turn I: Darkness

You agree to Mali's plan. She leads you outside and takes you back to Ragni's old manor. You turn and see Malachi running to you. He stops next to you, panting heavily. Mali bids you farewell and good luck, and thanks you for everything.

You and Malachi begin your way up the flight of stone stairs to the large door. You grab the golden handle and pull it. The door opens with a creak, and you step in first, with Malachi following. You search around the house for the cellar, and Malachi finds another sword in a case, which you smash open. You give the sword to him, replacing his old dagger with it. You also find a mysterious gauntlet, and when you focus it glows faintly with power. You strap the gauntlet on your left hand.

Eventually you find the entrance to the cellar, a trapdoor when opened reveals a ladder. Malachi takes a torch and you light it with a small spark of flame, and you both descend down to the darkness. After a while you finally make it to the bottom of the first level. The gauntlet faints lightly, adding to the light. Your eyes see more torches hanging across the mossy cobble wall. You light them all, and the light reveals bones and rats across the floor. The light reveals all.

You walk down the hallway, hands on hilts. You hear something walking across the floor, and you turn to see a giant rat! You instinctively belch flame unto the vermin, and the rat lunges to the right just in time, but a small spark is caught in its fur. It quickly spreads, thanks to its magical draconic origins. The rat rolls on the floor, quickly brushing it away.

The rat gets up and leaps towards you, mouth frothing and eyes full of malice. You try to dodge but the rat smashes into you first. You counter-grapple him as he collides with you, and you twist your waist and through him across the hall. The rat lands with a thud, but it stands back up. Malachi rushes in to attack, and Malachi leaps into the air, arching the sword behind his back. He lands on top of the rat, and pushes the sword deep into the rat's back. The rat flails wildly and bucks him off. Malachi remains his possession of the sword and lands on his feet.

The rat prepares for another strike, its grey bristled fur streaked with blood pouring from the large gaping wound on its back. It sprays blood and froth from its jaws, snarling and squeaking.

Party:

Spoiler: Sjek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)

Quests:

Cell-ing Out [Started!] [Explore Ragnov II's cellar]
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 07:25:33 am »

Burn that fucker.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 08:42:21 am »

So much for plan "talk about magic stuff" then...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 10:12:16 am »

Burn that fucker.

Nah. Save MP. Stab the bastard to death with your sword.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:48 am »

Stab the rat!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 05:32:07 pm »

So much for plan "talk about magic stuff" then...
Whoops, sorry. I'll add that in after the cellar quest, just remind me.

Turn up soon.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Daemons in Rat's Clothing)
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »

Turn I: Daemons in Rat's Clothing

You raise your sword, the steel reflecting the flickering flames developing in your mouth. You lunge forward to the rat, and as you swing in midair the rat bashes it away. You land on the floor, and the rat descends upon you. Its large paws pushes down on your back, and its jaw opens, revealing gigantic, knife-edged teeth. It tries to bite you, but you turn your body around and shove the rat off.

Malachi appears above the rat, and he arches his arms and points his blade downwards to the rat's head. The rat turns around with lightning-fast reflexes and jumps on Malachi! The rat bites Malachi's shoulder, and blood drips down the servant's robes, screams complimenting the sound of the bone crunching. You get up from the floor, preparing sword. In your rage you let loose fire, but aim it away for fear of burning Malachi, and the fire burns the sword.

You look at the sword, burning bright orange, runes you did not see earlier clearly showing. You cannot read them, but they look familiar. It matters not, and you rush toward the wicked rat! You arch the sword to your right, and as you near the vermin you swing. The rat lets go of Malachi, and attempts to grab the sword! The burning hot metal scalds the rat, and it lets go immediately! It goes to the floor, hands smoking. You take advantage of this, and you swing once more! It hits the rat in the arm, severing it! Steam and blood rise from the smoking stump. The rat screams in agony! The rat falls on the floor, and you swing once more and stab right into the beast's chest! You twist the blade inside the rat left and right and the rat breathes its last.

You pick up Malachi, and carry him to the entrance. You open the trapdoor to find Kaphio! He looks revolted at the quickly infecting wound on Malachi's shoulder. He picks him up, and puts him on his shoulder.

"Whoa, what happened? I met Mali and she told me you went down here! What happened to Malachi!"

You explain everything about the rat, and when you mention the part where we was bitten, his expression turns grimmer.

"I better take him to Luri. Thrud told me about these corrupted rats. They aren't even rats! They're daemons in material form. Form is incomprehensible to them, and no form is inconceivable to us, so they appear as manifestations of wicked things in our minds. Daemon poison can't be completely cured without a special reagent. I'm sure Mali said something about a medicine chamber down here. You'd best find it! Good luck Sjek."

With that Kaphio goes on his way. You go back down and frantically search for a door or entrance to somewhere else. You can't find a door, but the rat's blood flows through the cracks on the floor, forming a pointer of sorts. You follow it and you stand in front of a stone wall. You push your hands on the cold stone and feel around, and you push in a loose brick and the wall moves!

Inside is even darker, and you can't find any torches on the wall. You choose to spark a small flame in your mouth and reflect it on your sword, making a makeshift torch. You walk down the corridor and you see small humanoid creatures scurrying around. Not taking any chances, you let loose flame from your jaw. You briefly see three red-skinned things in the orange glow, and afterwards you see three red-skinned things on fire.

The things fall dead on the floor, crawling away and smoking. Imps. You've heard your mother talk about them with Malachi once. Daemon goblins. You look over them, searching them for things. You find nothing, and you continue your way down the hall. You quickly find the door, but it's locked obviously.

You kick the door down, and you hear something croak as the door and a green beast fall down a staircase. The door smashes against the wall, and the green thing rolls down the stairs. It looks like a gigantic horned bullfrog with humanoid hands! It looks at you with malice, and it opens its gaping maw. It lets loose a long tongue, but you dodge just in time as the pink slimy tongue smashes into the wall next to you.

You swipe your sword upwards, slicing the tongue in half! The frog reels back in pain, and it leaps toward you in anger! You roll down the stairs as the frog headbutts the wall!

You ready your sword for combat!

Party:

Quests:

Cell-ing Out [Started!] [Find Reagent for Malachi!]
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »

Begin stabbing at the frog, preferably the tongue.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 08:48:20 pm »

Turn I: Trust

The frog releases its long barbed tongue at you and you attempt to parry the bloody tongue. You are too slow, and the tongue pins you to the wall behind you, dust and flakes of old stone surrounds you. You are pulled forwards and slammed back repeatedly, until you grab hold of the tongue with your gauntlet and yank it. The frog is pulled towards you but it claws you as it nears, and you reel back!

You roll further down the stairs, the tongue twirling around you, and you pull the frog down with you! You both roll down the spiraling staircase, until you both slam on the floor below. The frog is heavily stunned, but you land on your feet and prepare your sword to strike. You stab the frog but its slimy exterior causes the sword to slide off!

The frog, still dizzy, unleashes its whip-like tongue at you! You sidestep to the right at the last second, and grab the tongue as it sticks to the wall. You breathe flame on the tongue, and it catches on fire! The fire spreads into the frogs mouth, and soon the insides of the frog are engulfed with flames! It rolls on the floor as it spews blazing blood and its eyes melt and are replaced with fire!

You compose yourself and continue on. You open the wooden door at the bottom of the staircase and enter the third level. You find nothing and walk along. Dusty bones strewn across the floor with cobwebs and insects scurrying around. Pieces of broken weapons and torn leather all on the floor. You finally find a door with a carved wooden face and runes etched into its eyes, familiar to the ones on your sword.

You check the mouth, and you see a small slit, large enough for a sword turned sideways can fit in. You place your sword in, but nothing happens. In anger you breath flame unto the sword, and the blade glows blazing orange once more. The wooden face moves, and the runes on it glow. Your sword is repelled and you stagger backwards. The face rattles, and the eyes move around and the a scream emits from the mouth.

"Dacha Ale Midis! A Lichee Vitrine Mots! Beware! Form is not what it seems!"

You strike you sword at the forehead of the wooden carving, and cracks appear, accompanied by fire. The head disappears in fire, and the door opens. You enter a large circular chamber, with cabinets stocked with strange jars. You immediately search all of them, but you find nothing. When you turn around the door disappears, and a well appears in the center of the chamber. You approach it and as you look inside you see a swirling vortex of green and red and purple.

A large hand reaches out from it, and soon a gigantic figure appears, resembling Ragni but twisted and revolting! You breathe fire, and the form distorts around it. The beast laughs, its voice eerie and unsettling. It looks straight at you.

"THiNGs aRe n0T what They seem. Monastical Truth! Chant Mutilator! Maniac Throth Lust!  MANIACS TRUTH LOT! Hahahahaha!"

Then the form disperses and the room floods with color and sound! You are engulfed by screams and light as strong as the sun! Colors! Sounds! Form! Reality! You are consumed by everything! Then, blackness. Nothingness. You see a figure in the nihility, white and ethereal. It turns to face you, and speaks.

"Sjek|Sjek, hear me!|Importance|Important message|Trust|Just trust|"

The voice fades away, and you wake up in a bed, and as you get up you see Kaphio, Mali, and Malachi, wounds fully healed. They're smiling. Malachi approaches you and gives you a hug. Tears drip down from his eyes.

"We were so worried. We found you outside on the mountain, near the river. You were unconscious for a week! What happened in the cellar?

Luri wants to see you, by the way, she just got back from her trip to the elf forest."

You close your eyes to recall what happened. "Sjek|Trust|No|One"

Party:

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)

Quests:

Cell-ing Out [Started!] [Explore Ragnov II's cellar]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:52:22 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Trust)
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 08:54:45 pm »

Damnit, we've gone insane, haven't we?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 09:20:12 pm »

"Hey Malachi. How did the wound the demonic bat cause heal without medicine?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn II: Master)
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »

|Turn II: Master|

You explain the entire ordeal to the three, and they stare back at you in confusion. Mali has a pitying face, and Malachi sits closer to your bed. After a while, you ask how Malachi's wounds healed without the reagent.

"The dragonsbane I grew earlier. The dragonsbane itself doesn't heal it, but the water I put it in does."

You get up, and they lead you to Mali's house to eat lunch. Afterwards, you ask Mali about Rali's pronunciation of her spells, noting that the pronunciation is eerily similar to something you've heard before.

"Hm? Oh, that's just something she picked up from Ragni. He used to speak like that sometimes. The spells she says are from her real father's notebook."

A servant enters the dining room and whispers in Mali's ears. Mali thanks the servant and bids her away.

"Luri's in her hut now. She wants to thank you for getting rid of Syra."

You bid them thank you, and you call for Malachi to come. Malachi gets up and follows you out the door. You tell Malachi to fetch your belongings from the inn, and meet him there to leave for the Giant's Realm. He leaves and you begin your walk through the woods to go to Luri's hut. Eventually you make it to the old hut.

An woman appears out the hut. She looks like an elf! She bids you inside, a faint smile on her face. You feel natural, a perk many elves possess. You enter the wooden hut, it looks different. It wasn't what it looked like before. There was only one bed now.

"Hello. I'm Luri. It's nice to finally meet you. I just got back from burying Keph in the forest lands. I'd never bury anyone here. I also brought away my grandchildren, Ragos and Rali from this accursed forest."

You look at her in disbelief, your face in shock. You question her, telling her that Keph is alive and Ragos and Rali are both still here.

"Hm? Keph died from the fire. She wasn't merely wounded. Dragonfire kills almost instantly. The twins, I took them away after Ragni died. No one was there to take care of them after Mali passed away."

You stand up and step backwards. You can't believe what you're hearing. You tell her about everything, the goblins, the mermaid, the cellar. You tell her about Malachi and the rat, and the weird attack from the Ragni-like apparition.

"Mermaid? Ragni put her there to protect the devilweed that Ragnov planted at the bottom of the lake. Devilweed is what Ragnov used to summon the Manticore."

You are even more confused, and you fall on your knees. Luri picks you up, and holds you on your shoulders. She looks at you with concerned eyes.

"Take me to Malachi."

You take her up to Peaksorrow. You run towards the inn, and when you open it the inn looks desolated and dirty. The wood is dusty, the bar is burnt.

"He's here? This place was purged 15 years ago... Sjek, I need to tell you something. Malachi-The rat venom, it causes instant de-"

You grab her by the hand and you drag her up the stairs to your room. You open the door to your chamber, and you see Malachi twitching and naked, staring blankly at the wall. His head turns around completely and his face grinning literally from ear to ear, scars ripping his lips on both sides.

"Hello Master."

Party:

Quests:
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 10:41:24 pm »

WHAT IN UNHOLY FUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5