Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)  (Read 9212 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Trust)
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 10:44:36 pm »

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!
BURN IT THEN STAB IT THEN BURN IT THEN STAB IT!

We are very, very, very, very, insane.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn II: Master)
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 12:15:19 am »

Dun dun dun! Plot twist!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 12:22:41 am »

Dun dun dun! Plot twist!
TRY NIGHTMARE FUEL!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn II: Malachi)
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 02:09:19 am »

Turn II: Malachi

You are shocked by the outcome of the recent events, and you step back in shock, dropping your sword. Malachi stands there laughing, then his limbs contort, twisting into positions where normal people can't reach. You can hear the bones breaking, and one by one his teeth fall out of his mutilated mouth. Twisted and gnarled fangs replace them, and black blood oozes down his pale face. He limps towards you, going down on all fours and climbing on the wall and ceiling.

He spits out vile gobs of black liquid at you. You vomit from all of it, and the black goo hits you and you are pushed down the stairs. Any second you await hitting the floor, but as you open your eyes the world around you is distorted. The world is nothingness. Black. Cold. You are naked, floating and falling endlessly through the void of your mind.

You scream as you feel cold, bloody arms holding your chest. Black saliva drips down your face, and it drips into your mouth. You wail as claws scratch your eyes, blood sliding down your cheeks. Your screaming ends as your head is turned around, snapping your neck!

You open your eyes. Your not dead! You are in a bedroom, but the ceiling crashes down on you. A gigantic beast appears over you. It has the face of Malachi, completely healed and smiling normally, but its body is that of a lion, with dragon wings, and a tail of a scorpion. It grabs you, and shoves you in its maw. Your sword is back in your hand, and you shove it into the manticore's forehead.

Darkness again.

You wake into reality as you see Malachi stabbed by Luri. Malachi shrieks and falls to the floor, gurgling blood. You lurch again and Luri runs to your side. Malachi's corpse rises up, this time the scars make a frown instead. He opens his bloody eyes, then laughs deeply. He talks, but his voice is deeper and more mature.

"Hahahah. Feels good, no? Reality. Not having to spend eternity in constant warping nightmares. How I longed to escape from that hell. How I longed to feel. To stay in one form. You must have a lot of questions, so, sit. I'll answer them.

I am Heshphalus, the "Manticore". I originally was a traveler coming to this accursed mountain. Murdered by that psychopath sorcerer Ragnov II. He and his vile wife, who chained me in their cellar. They tortured me for days, then they started a ritual. To place my mind in a misshapen body that a mad alchemist called Brus created from a lion, a bat, and a scorpion. To finish it, they sacrificed their two children, Ragos and Rali.

My body was turned into the monster Manticore. I was slain by Ragnov's bastard child, Ragnov III. I thought I would be freed, but my body wasn't completely destroyed, so my mind drifted off into suffering just as you did. But, my body was found by a party of adventurers, led by a man named Kavvu. Accompanying him were two boys, Finn and Javos. I took over him, and in the new barrage of feelings and sensations I savagely murdered the twins.

I made it out, and I was greeted by a halfling who apparently organized the trip. I attacked him as well, but he was skilled and killed me instead. I transferred into him. I burst out, the entire town holding pitchforks and torches in the dead night. I saw a strong giant of a man, Hursk, step up. I jumped and attacked, and he nearly killed me with a second blow. I bit him, and he finished me off. I went into him. I proceeded to murder the entire town.

Now all the townsfolk of Peaksorrow haunt this place, acting out the first few weeks before my attacks, but exchanging roles, doing things differently. The chronology in this mountain has become warped, twisted, and changed. My death is an old legend to them, but my attack is scheduled to be executed now. It's happened for centuries, outcome changing every time. But now it has changed, you and Malachi found your way into this place. Damning yourselves.

But, I think we can change that. You must find my body, down in the cellar. It is still there, the only thing unchanged. You must destroy it! Please! It will free us all, including Malachi."

Your eyes swell with tears, and you turn to face Luri, who's vanished. You are suddenly outside, the village converging outside the manor with pitchforks and torches. What do you do?

Party:

Spoiler: Sjek (click to show/hide)

Quests:
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 02:11:39 am »

Oh holy shit. Go down there and destroy it. NOW.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 02:24:36 am »

Go find the body.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 02:32:57 am »

((I say we go along with the manticore's plan, if only so we have a chance of dieing and ending this acid trip))
To the cellar! Also, try to find a straightjacket for Cheescake, because judging by this chapter, he is absolutely insane.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 03:00:37 am »

Aw, thank you!

EDIT: Anyone guess the random words from the earlier turns? They were anagrams! Guess what they say!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:50:10 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 07:41:22 am »

Chapter II: Secrets

You rush into the crowds, and you see the door smashing open from the inside, and soon the door breaks and a halfling leaps out, head twisted upside-down, arms and legs contorted and malformed. It leaps into the middle of the mob, and soon blood sprays over, red water raining down everywhere. You charge, slicing and stabbing, no regard for the apparitions.

Your blade decimates the villagers, you cut them in half, women and children. You finally reach the halfling daemon, and you swing down your sword. The halfling leaps, latching on you, clawing you. You try to take it off, but the halfling claws your eyes! They are destroyed and your sockets are left bloody and ravaged. You continue swinging violently, and the sword hits its target, killing the halfling.

You slump, then fall on your knees. You scream, hands to your face. You crawl through the floor, and you feel wooden splinters. You must be outside the door. You crawl in, and you use your memory to feel around and look for familiar places. You finally find the door, and you open it. You fall down and land on the ground. You scream again in agony!

You crawl forward, and this repeats itself across the cellar. You finally feel the ominous presence of that last chamber from last time. You stand, and you can suddenly see! Your eye sockets still empty and hurting, but you can see! You see a manticore lying in wait behind the well, staring at you intensely. You ready your sword, and you charge towards the daemon, but it swats you away like a fly and laughs.

You land on your feet and ready yourself for another attack! You spread your wings and fly into the air. You lunge, spinning and gaining momentum, and you strike into the beast's chest! You continue turning, and you dig into the beast, blood spewing. The beast shrieks. It finally falls on the floor, and you breathe flame on the beast, destroying its body.

You laugh at your victory. Nothing changes. You are still in pain. You laugh.

You laugh.

"Malachi! I need that water!"

You run with the pale in your hand, the water spilling from side to side. You finally make it to Luri's tent and you enter it to find Luri tending to Sjek on his bed, laughing maniacally, strapped down with chains and held down by Kaphio and some volunteers. Luri takes the water and pours it in a bowl, which she puts to Sjek's mouth. Sjek finally calms down, and the men holding him down and breathe a sigh of relief.

"Malachi, what happened to him in that cellar? What could've done this?"

"Um, uh, I don't...I found him...I have n-no idea..." you stutter, grabbing the vial of hallucinogenic poison from the dragonsbane.

"I have no idea."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

You climb the mountain, making sure that your pack was still positioned safely. You swing your ice picks, and eventually you make it to the upper half of the mountain. You shiver as the cold blizzard blows over you, and you tighten your winter coat. You start to dream about the Mountain and Sjek.

You put the thought away and make your way. As you walk, you find a hand sticking out from the ice, uncovered by the winds blowing. You dig deeper and find a skeleton with a straight jacket. You slowly move away. You finally make it to a ridge, and you see a small settlement over the distance.

You made it to the Giant's Realm. Sjek would be proud.

Party:

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)

Quests:

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 08:03:40 am »

((One question: Is Peaksorrow actually a weird twisted demon-town like the Chimera said, or was that just a hallucination from us tripping balls?))
Remember our reasoning for poisoning Sjek.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

((You'll have to continue on. It'll be revealed in time.))
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 07:21:00 pm »

Turn I: New Beginnings

You walk down the snowy path, your legs knee-deep in the snow. You try to pass the time by playing mind games, but you remember Sjek. You remember what you had to do. You feel for the vial in your pocket, and you can hear the swishing of the liquid inside as if the blizzard wasn't there. You had to do it, he knew too much.

Suddenly, your train of thought is stopped by the sound of loud merrymaking and the bright lights from the cabins. You move in closer, and you knock on the door before you push it open. Inside is a bright room, lit with fire from the furnace and with pelts of giant animals on the wall. Humans sit on the booths and tables, raising their ale mugs high, and some shouting and doing wild things.

You head to the bar and you meet the barkeep. She's a beautiful young lady with long smooth blonde hair. She gives you a mug, and when she's done serving the others, she returns to you.

"So, what's a handsome man like you doing in Giant Country?"

Party:

Quests:
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »

"Looking a cure."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:06 am »

Turn I:

"I'm, uh, looking for a cure. For a magical disease."

"Oh? And just what disease is it?"

"Um, uh, D-Devilweed. My friend got polluted by it in a lake...uh."

"Hm. Devilweed...Oh! You should talk to Jehvli. He's the alchemist here. He'll know about that. Here, I'll write down the directions."

"Uh, yeah. I will. Thanks. Say, what's your name?"

"Name's Yvonne. What's yours Handsome?"

"M-M" you think about using your real name, but you decide against it. "Malos. Name's Malos."

"Pretty name." then you hear a gruff man's voice booming from the kitchen. "Here's the key to your room, upstairs to the left." she winks before she disappears through the kitchen door.

Party:

Quests:

Alchemy [Talk to Jehvli]
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:48 am »

Rest, as after a long trek like that, we're bound to be tired. In the morning, look for this alchemist.

((Let's see... Kindly female character, check, semi-mysterious alchemist, check. If anyone asks us to go though their cellar, RUN!))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5