Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 49453 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »

What's mylo?

Mislynch and lose. Up by two over the scum, lynch town, and the scum kill ties the numbers and wins the game. Possible for the Town to still end up in LyLo if the night kill fails.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2013, 10:10:06 pm »

What's mylo?

Mislynch and lose. Up by two over the scum, lynch town, and the scum kill ties the numbers and wins the game. Possible for the Town to still end up in LyLo if the night kill fails.
Wherein my question still stands.
How in the world can that be MyLo? It was LYLO through and through, unless the scumteam decides to NOT kill.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »

How in the world can that be MyLo? It was LYLO through and through, unless the scumteam decides to NOT kill.

Scum team deciding not to kill isn't the only NK-fail scenario. Picking a target protected by the doctor, Bulletproof, et cetera. Some games I've played, the NK can be stopped by a roleblock, but that's very rare, and swingy.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:11 pm »

...You do know that when you mentioned that, the only Doctor was dead, yes? As in, its a setup of 2 scum: 1 Town cop + 2 Vanilla town, right? :/

Unless you were intentionally misleading?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:58 pm »

Tiruin the game's over you scum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »

I'm just trying to correct an error >_>

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:27 pm »

Yeah. I didn't know that, tho, but it still wasn't MyLo anyway, since it was 3:2.

Still learning new slang.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »

Tiruin the game's over you scum.

Baleted...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:07:07 am by makeinu »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2013, 11:16:39 pm »

Sorry, I just wanted to use that.  :P

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2013, 12:58:15 am »

Thanks for the really nice things some of you said about me!

[Imp] had characteristics which resembles scumhunting.

...That's gotta be the second best compliment I've had yet because of any Mafia game  8)  Vote Tiruin and Pufferfish for giving me warm fuzzies....

... But Persus13 gets the big prize, for this Scumchat comment...

Tiruin (reply 11):

"Ok I shouldn't be asking but I'll ask.  Why SBC?"
Perses (reply 12):

"He seemed like a good player, although he didn't vote any scum last game. Maybe Imp would be a better target."
Yessss..... wow Persus!  You seem to think a lot of me, in a game I wasn't even an active player in  :P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2013, 01:09:38 am »

I'm really in favor of this.
Uh, it's hard to scum hunt with super short days. I'd say to make it a bit longer, and an upwards of two weeks.
Timezone difference + idea of lurking as a valid tactic over most conventional ideas (difference being No night, and rapid pace play)
It would hardly be a Sprint then would it? There are plenty of other mafia game modes where you play for longer stretches. If I was a player I'd have pushed for a Tiruin lynch simply for her low-suspicion count. The last person to vote is worthy of suspicion.

Also, this would have gone quite differently if Luke hadn't been so suicidal and both roles had claimed before letting themselves get lynched. Usually town players have slightly more self-preservation.

On more reflection, I think one of the best possible feelings to leave a newbie Mafia game with is 'wanting more'.  I suspect that sprint Mafia games, though differently intimidating than the longer sort (and I hope not going to replace them entire) have a lot to offer most newbies, and that includes a desire for 'more' in that urge to want more time to scumhunt and talk things over.  I suspect too, that being so extremely short, players may feel less invested in the game, and less attached to if they win or not - thus maybe less upset if they lose - either as Town or Mafia.  Dunno!  But that's my thoughts.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2013, 03:23:52 am »

For those of you wondering, I voted myself because I wanted to see how would tell me to unvote, under the assumption of those who cared would be Town (Which looking back wa obviously not the case). I was going to unvote sooner, but unfortunately at the time I was having a horrible sleep cycle, and when I tried to get a nap ended up sleeping for about 14 hours and like an idiot left the computer on.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »

makeinu's description of mylo is incorrect.  It means that if the town lynches wrongly they lose, but they can still vote for No Lynch.  In this situation there's no hard and fast rule about whether you should claim as the cop - it would probably be worthwhile to if you knew the identity of a mafia member.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]