Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 101375 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 4: I'm Tired, Screw You Guys
« Reply #675 on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

Shakerag: Sorry for not remembering every player's posting habits.

But yeah, you're scum. If you weren't, you'd be handing scum the perfect opportunity to quickhammer me. Why vote me on such a trivial thing? I even gave a concession for it being the weekend.

Good news:  I didn't blow up or anything.  Apparently there's some sort of roll for what happens when that ability is used.  My result was pretty good, so I got a vote *and* am now inspect immune.

Sheep:
N1: Inspect Imp, no PM result
D2: Nothing
N2: Inspect Shakerag, Mafia result
D3: Roleswitch Toaster, became Minecraft
N3: Protect Toaster, was roleblocked

I think your numbers are a bit jacked up.  Remind me- did you ever use your vote ability?
Yeah, I screwed up. Fixed in the quote. No, I didn't use the vote ability. But inspect immune? The only way I can see that being good is if you're scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 08, 2013, 12:07:49 am »

Shakerag:  If you can be on here long enough to vote TWS, you can be on here long enough to claim.

Sheep:  You realize Shake's was the only vote, right?

Also, I can't imagine Web coming up with the effect on the fly.  It'd have to be a chosen aspect from the role itself, meaning it came from you, not me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:07 am »

Yeah something just doesn't add up about this Sheep, the mafia needs three votes total to hammer you.

Good job no else has two votes, eh Sheep?

What time is it Wuba?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:35 am »

Yeah something just doesn't add up about this Sheep, the mafia needs three votes total to hammer you.

Good job no else has two votes, eh Sheep?

What time is it Wuba?
Did you just hammer? Damn it NQT, you scumbag.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 3: And That's Why They Call Him Revolver
« Reply #679 on: December 08, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »

"Well, well, well..." says Nerjin, holding the smoking revolver used to shoot poor TheWetSheep. "Looks like this wasn't so hard." Suddenly, Nerjin's body folds and morphs into notquitethere. "I kinda liked that body, too."

"Hmm, this wasn't how the game was supposed to go at all," says Toaster and TheWetSheep in sync. They both proceed to call jinx on each other, silencing them for eternity. Well, that, and the fact that Shakerag kills Toaster with a briefcase and TheWetSheep bleeds to death from being shot. Somewhere far away, you can hear someone laughing (HEHAHEHAHEHA)

Deathsword raises his gun, but

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

"FUCK THIS GAME!" Deathsword storms off, shattering the mouse against the wall and slamming the door.

notquitethere takes the form of Tiruin and cheers for the scum team. It's the next best thing to actually being alive!

Game Over.

Imp (survivor), notquitethere (mafia), Shakerag (mafia), and Tiruin (mafia) win!

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
TheWetSheep - the mafia team
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Deathsword, TheWetSheep, notquitethere,

3 To Hammer. Day ends RIGHT NOT.

HAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHA, I IS BEST PRANKSTER, HOOMANS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Most Actions (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:51 pm »

TEAM NQT SCUM IS VICTORIOUS

Despite accidentally murdering my own team mate and taking their form, and Tiruin targeting the same person as the doctor in her doctor inverting one-shot, and Shake accidentally gifting town a random randomise, Team Scum valiantly won the day through careful appraisal of people's role claims and some canny strategising. It was the plan from Day 1 to keep Nerjin alive and kill him for his role to break LYLO. Glad the demon took care of his one-shot PGO!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 08, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

So how did Imp win again?

Furthermore I'm very sad... Oh well, good job Scum.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 08, 2013, 03:28:42 pm »

nevermind
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:31:03 pm by ToonyMan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 08, 2013, 03:34:18 pm »

So how did Imp win again?

Furthermore I'm very sad... Oh well, good job Scum.
:( ...

Deadchat
Scumchat
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:18:43 pm by Tiruin »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 08, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »

Imp fulfilled her wincon.

How is no one getting this?!?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 08, 2013, 04:10:57 pm »

*checks*
Survivor
Imp - Imp
(Auto) Avatar Of Pranks: When you win, you summon forth your master, the Prankster Demon. And naturally, like all demons, his idea of a prank is killing people. Because it’s HILARIOUS. At the end of each Day, after the lynch, the Prankster Demon randomly kills a player. You may also, during the Night, post about how hilarious anyone’s death was.
(Auto) Trickster: You receive a list of all players that targeted you. One of these players is randomly redirected to some other poor sap.
(1-Shot, Night) Disillusionment: All players are enchanted. Enchanted players randomly target players during this Night.
Alignment: Survivor
Wincon: You win when another alignment wins while you are alive or you are the only remaining player.
While I'd be talking about 'perhaps its the Survivor label' that makes people think such..
...I'm unsure if another alignment but Mafia won at the time. Cheeetar didn't lynch his target.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

Quote from: Cheetar in Deadchat
I like mass roleclaims. I very much like how Poirot is empowered as a role- I hope NQT isn't just making it up.
Sorry Cheetar, I'm just quite good at making up roles! I'd definitely have liked to have played as Poirot, but first I wanted to be a Changeling. I chose to be a Changeling in the last King Mafia and the power failed to work on N1 and I was lynched D2 so I never got to do anything with it. I was pleased how well it worked out tactically in this game.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 08, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

*checks*
Survivor
Imp - Imp
(Auto) Avatar Of Pranks: When you win, you summon forth your master, the Prankster Demon. And naturally, like all demons, his idea of a prank is killing people. Because it’s HILARIOUS. At the end of each Day, after the lynch, the Prankster Demon randomly kills a player. You may also, during the Night, post about how hilarious anyone’s death was.
(Auto) Trickster: You receive a list of all players that targeted you. One of these players is randomly redirected to some other poor sap.
(1-Shot, Night) Disillusionment: All players are enchanted. Enchanted players randomly target players during this Night.
Alignment: Survivor
Wincon: You win when another alignment wins while you are alive or you are the only remaining player.
While I'd be talking about 'perhaps its the Survivor label' that makes people think such..
...I'm unsure if another alignment but Mafia won at the time. Cheeetar didn't lynch his target.
Imp's wincon was set to survive to Day 3. It seemed to fit Survivor better than Watcher.

Also, it doesn't really matter which wincon she was set as.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 08, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

...So a neutral watcher? Isn't that what a Watcher is that a Survivor also shares? Third Party. Only difference in alignment name?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48