Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 1512 times)

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finally...
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:37:43 pm »

Finally got a computer that is willing to run Dwarf Fortress at an optimum FPS, and all that good stuff. Will be active in both Adventure mode discussion and mainly Dorf Fort mode discussion. Thanks for everyone that tried to help me on my old computer.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
Re: Finally...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »

Yeah I'm new to the game (2 weeks or so) and the one thing I hate is getting a perfect embark location, but if you have an imperfect world and need to create a new world and scrap the old one.

Those 3 minutes of waiting just to abort the world again are a pain.
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »

deepdowner try waiting 3 hours when you want long histories.

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:25:27 pm »

What are the gains from long histories? Isn't it more fun to start without one, and if your fort fails stay in the same world, creating your own history?
Like 1 world, and every fort will get set up in this world, so you can read your old deeds and so on?
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:10:27 am »

not worth it really until the next version and ones after it. what a thousand plus year world will ensure that the first dragons are full sized and there are a lot vampire and cursed creatures to kill. also more probable you are at war with someone

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:28 pm »

not worth it really until the next version and ones after it. what a thousand plus year world will ensure that the first dragons are full sized and there are a lot vampire and cursed creatures to kill. also more probable you are at war with someone
Oh I'm still new to the game so:

I won't get vampires at my 10 years old world embark? :(
Aren't baby dragons more... preferable?

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »

well you will still have vamps but it will be a lot closer to the starting number since the curse would have not spread. I danger room my dwarves so i prefer a challenge