Finally... > General Discussion

Order of the Stick

(1/933) > >>

RedWarrior0:
So a while ago there was an Order of the Stick thread, but it died a while ago and so we shall have a new one.

Be forewarned: There are spoilers within!

The first comic.

The latest comic.

Thread guidelines, aside from forum rules:
1. Please put stuff from Start of Darkness or On the Origin of PCs in spoiler tags. Please.
2. Do not put the actual comic in this thread. Rich doesn't like it, plus if you hotlink it uses the GITP server's bandwidth.
3. There are no other guidelines yet, but there may be in the future.

Note that I will occasionally/often be late on updating the title/OP.

quinnr:
Whoo, sweet. Love OOtS, and this forum reminds me to read it when it updates.

Can someone with more knowledge of DnD than me, explain why the Cure Moderate Wounds that Durkon cast (or whatever a priest does? do they cast things?) hurt Roy in that latest panel (908)?

andrea:
As a rule, Good aligned clerics can turn one of their prepared spells into a cure wounds spell, while Evil aligned clerics can do the same but get an inflict wounds spell.
Durkon tried to turn one of his remaining spells into a cure spell, but due ... changed perspective on life, he mistakenly used an inflict wounds spell.

Another possible explanation is that he may not be Evil, but since he is animated by negative energy he still can only cast negative energy spells in that way.

edit: I am no expert myself, so the above may not be clear. Bare bones: he cast an inflict wounds spell, due to being a vampire.

quinnr:

--- Quote from: andrea on August 06, 2013, 12:34:09 pm ---As a rule, Good aligned clerics can turn one of their prepared spells into a cure wounds spell, while Evil aligned clerics can do the same but get an inflict wounds spell.
Durkon tried to turn one of his remaining spells into a cure spell, but due ... changed perspective on life, he mistakenly used an inflict wounds spell.

Another possible explanation is that he may not be Evil, but since he is animated by negative energy he still can only cast negative energy spells in that way.

edit: I am no expert myself, so the above may not be clear. Bare bones: he cast an inflict wounds spell, due to being a vampire.

--- End quote ---

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

freeformschooler:
God I love OOTS. Nothing can replace 8BT, but this about as close as you get for webcomics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version