Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 484505 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 919 I Went Down, Down, Down
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »

Roy, would it kill you to just once shut up and listen?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 919 I Went Down, Down, Down
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »

Yes it would.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 920 No.Running, No Hiding
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »

Didn't he already use up his spells? Then again, now that they have a defensive buffer, he could theoretically use the time to pray for an extra spell or two, if I read the cleric spell-preparation rules right, unless Thor's religious practices require it at dawn(and, it being reversed by Durkon's vampirism, now dusk).
As far as I remember, clerics can't partial-refresh like that. They're out until they're fully back in.

Yes it would.
In addition to utterly annihilating his soul, yes.

Really though, jumping through the portal is a good way out. Trouble is it doesn't lead anywhere useful and would presumably necessitate a fairly prolonged and unrelated arc concerning faffing about in a snarlmension.

I suspect a more mundane, or at least more conventional, or at least not-interplanar solution.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 920 No Running, No Hiding
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:59 pm »

I just read it over the past weekend. Damn I needed that sleep too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 920 No.Running, No Hiding
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2013, 04:56:53 am »

Didn't he already use up his spells? Then again, now that they have a defensive buffer, he could theoretically use the time to pray for an extra spell or two, if I read the cleric spell-preparation rules right, unless Thor's religious practices require it at dawn(and, it being reversed by Durkon's vampirism, now dusk).
As far as I remember, clerics can't partial-refresh like that. They're out until they're fully back in.
Clerics can change out prepared spells for other prepared spells at any time (takes at least ten minutes to do so), that's no help if he's out. What's more, preparing new spells (at dusk in this case) takes a full hour of meditation, so you don't really just get new spells in the middle of a pitched battle.

Well, that's the 3.5 rules anyway.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 921 Shot Down
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:45 am »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

I always assumed Elan was Stupid Good.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2013, 03:05:31 am »

No, he's Good and also just happens to be stupid. Entirely different concept.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2013, 04:09:17 am »

I always assumed Elan was Stupid Good.

No, he's Good and also just happens to be stupid. Entirely different concept.

Stupid Good is not someone who is both good and stupid, it is someone whose goodness is stupid. So, say, after defeating a villain for the third time, he lets him go after the villain promises to be good from now on, or treats street criminals like misbehaving Boy Scouts.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2013, 05:47:38 am »

Please people. I know what Stupid Good is, otherwise i wouldn't have suggested it with the handy capitalized letters.

And as far as I can tell, he has portrayed no lawful nor chaotic traits, and has portrayed a lot of stupid traits.
So, say, after defeating a villain for the third time, he lets him go after the villain promises to be good from now on.
And you think Elan wouldn't?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2013, 11:41:47 am »

Please people. I know what Stupid Good is, otherwise i wouldn't have suggested it with the handy capitalized letters.

And as far as I can tell, he has portrayed no lawful nor chaotic traits, and has portrayed a lot of stupid traits.
Chaotic. He commits various thefts in Cliffport after breaking out of jail, and though he feels guilty about it, he never actually owns up to them.
"How were you planning on paying for the diet soda, then?"

"30ft. per round movement rate."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »

Come on, remember when he was dead? He just eeked into Lawful Good, despite some actions to the contrary.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

That was Roy...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2013, 09:01:44 pm »

That was Roy...
Elan even sings a song where he mentions they get sent to different planes when they die because he's Chaotic good and Roy's lawful.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2013, 02:57:53 am »

That was Roy...
Elan even sings a song where he mentions they get sent to different planes when they die because he's Chaotic good and Roy's lawful.
That was Roy...
Hm, disregard me in that case. I seem to have rolled a 1 on reading comprehension.

Perhaps my only level is in barbian and I never even realized it until now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 311