Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 483253 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 924 Resource Management
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2013, 08:17:46 pm »

Laurin may have something in the works, seeing how she said she gets a favor, and it can be cleared by the end of the day.

Just 2¢
i have a feeling that Tarquin's ego and his belief in his own charisma had caused him to think that Laurin wanted to have sex with him, when in truth she is probably planning something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »

Laurin may have something in the works, seeing how she said she gets a favor, and it can be cleared by the end of the day.

Just 2¢
i have a feeling that Tarquin's ego and his belief in his own charisma had caused him to think that Laurin wanted to have sex with him, when in truth she is probably planning something.
Sorta against this, as he's nothing if not realistic about most things, and he has known her for what would appear to be many years, and they're very good friends too.

Maybe mutiny?

Or heroic sacrifice

I bet the Heroic sacrifice of everyone but Elan and Haley would work.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »

Empires of Blood, Sweat and Tears
...Well fuck, that took me entirely too long to get.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »

... I think this is going to be the end of the Empires of Blood, Sweat and Tears :/
Remember that they've got two additional members and are deeply entrenched. Unless something causes their complete dissolution, like Laurin's favor being "kill your other son," I'm not sure even those three dying would cut it.

I bet the Heroic sacrifice of everyone but Elan and Haley would work.
That's kind of the default plan anyway, though. Tarquin wants Roy dead because he feels it'll inspire Elan. Everyone but Haley and Elan biting it might just be bonus points in that scheme.

The obvious Roy-Not-Dead option would be Tarquin becoming convinced that simply defending Roy has inspired Elan enough, or that Roy's influence is a good thing, or something to that nature. They probably can't rely on Tarquin's buddies turning on him, as mentioned (though that favor does make me wonder), I can't think of where they'd get external allies, and their odds of taking all three of them in straight battle seem pretty nil. That seems to leave Tarquin succeeding or changing his mind as the only real options.

For some reason I do get the feeling this arc is coming to an end, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2013, 03:27:30 am »

mind blown

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2013, 04:54:47 am »

mind blown
And here I was thinking that the Empire of Blood and the other two empires of Sweat and Tears were just funny names because of how...chaotic the whole place is.

>_<

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2013, 05:05:31 am »

slowpoke.gif, y'all.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »

Guys, I noticed it the first time they showed a map
of the western continent. Hell, I thought it was a one off joke.

I could understand the empire of blood, and even the empire of tears, what with the weeping king; but the empire of sweat? Queen Shvitzer?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

It's a very hot place!
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:39 pm »

... I think this is going to be the end of the Empires of Blood, Sweat and Tears :/
Remember that they've got two additional members and are deeply entrenched. Unless something causes their complete dissolution, like Laurin's favor being "kill your other son," I'm not sure even those three dying would cut it.
Why would Laurin want Elan dead? The main reasons she wanted Nale dead was because he killed Malack, and was pretty much a douchebag in every way. Elan? Not so much.

Possible ending to this? I'd say something involving Sabine, or possibly the OotS telling the dragon empress about Tarquin's schemes(the lizardfolk diplomat with the monocle was killed because he was about to tell her, and Elan knows it).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »

Why would Laurin want Elan dead? The main reasons she wanted Nale dead was because he killed Malack, and was pretty much a douchebag in every way. Elan? Not so much.

Possible ending to this? I'd say something involving Sabine, or possibly the OotS telling the dragon empress about Tarquin's schemes(the lizardfolk diplomat with the monocle was killed because he was about to tell her, and Elan knows it).
Remember this entire strip occured next to the Empress. I wouldn't count on her, at all. I'm not sure she actually has any power whatsoever. Remember that they periodically overthrow the old leader and replace them, and I don't think that she would stand to do much. Add in that she's as dumb as a rock and that Belkar could easily outsmart her, and I don't think that she stands to be anything more then a figure-head.

Now Sabine, she could do something. How long has it been since she was banished?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2013, 06:50:06 pm »

I wouldn't think so either, but that's about what it would take.

I am curious what the favor is, though. I suspect it'll be something relevant, and we don't have any idea what that might be other than a favor for her daughter or something.

Possible ending to this? I'd say something involving Sabine
Now Sabine, she could do something. How long has it been since she was banished?
A lot less than 24 hours. She was banished in the fight beneath the pyramid, and even counting however many hours they stood in the phantasm trap, that still shouldn't be anywhere near a full day. It's also still bright out, so even, say, 8 hours is probably generous. I'm thinking 2-6 is most likely.

Also, can she plane shift at will? I remember her coming and going somehow, but I don't recall the specifics. I guess the fiends could help her out if they thought it was really worth it, but I would assume they'd take the same stance as Tarquin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

Also, can she plane shift at will? I remember her coming and going somehow, but I don't recall the specifics. I guess the fiends could help her out if they thought it was really worth it, but I would assume they'd take the same stance as Tarquin.
1/day Plane Shift power, according to this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

Laurin is burning through those Wormhole spells psiony thingies like crazy. That's gotta be a high level ability.

If I remember my dinosaurs correctly, a triceratops' horns were mostly for show/defense, not attacking. I don't think that Tarquin will be actually using his dino in combat.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:51 pm »

So how many more times can Laurin use Wormhole, give or take?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 311