Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 485194 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3150 on: August 12, 2018, 07:30:44 am »

Have you ever considered what looks like yarn? Tree roots.
Love, scriver~

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3151 on: August 12, 2018, 10:42:58 am »

And I think this is the last side story. The next story thing, after Hel is going to go wrap things up with original big baddie. Every character has had awesome plot about themselves. And Belkar has no background, because thats part of the meta joke about Belkar.

Maybe the last story will be about Belkar.  He's almost a foil for Redcloak now - Evil for a good cause vs. good for an evil cause.  Maybe his backstory is tied to Serini's somehow?  After all, they're the only two major halflings in the story, they must be connected, right? ;D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 12, 2018, 04:55:04 pm »

And I think this is the last side story. The next story thing, after Hel is going to go wrap things up with original big baddie. Every character has had awesome plot about themselves. And Belkar has no background, because thats part of the meta joke about Belkar.

Maybe the last story will be about Belkar.  He's almost a foil for Redcloak now - Evil for a good cause vs. good for an evil cause.  Maybe his backstory is tied to Serini's somehow?  After all, they're the only two major halflings in the story, they must be connected, right? ;D

What Redcloak is doing doesn't fit neatly into good vs evil though, it's good in the sense of Redcloaks selfless goal, uniting the goblinoid races, and making things better for the goblinoid races in general. Evil in the sense of the plan involving holding the other gods hostage and generalized evil under Xykon.

The other members of the Order of the Stick didn't have anything tying their backstory to those that originally dealt with the rips in spacetime, so, I don't expect Belkar to have anything tying him to Sereni.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:06:09 pm by smjjames »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 12, 2018, 04:59:29 pm »

Evil in the sense of the plan involving holding the other gods hostage and generalized evil under Xykon.

Also, the mass-murder, torture, and enslavement of any non-goblinoids (and even that's a recent development - he used to be perfectly happy slaughtering non-goblin goblinoids) he comes across. You can't pin that on Xykon.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 12, 2018, 06:45:21 pm »

The Order of the Stick, personal tie to the Snarl is in their relation with Xykon. They dont need to be anymore invested in the Snarl. And having Belkar be related to the that advnturing group be some sorta destying thing or trying to make belkar give a crap. Belkar doesnt care about family, so having that be a family member, wouldnt mean anything to him and therefore wouldnt change his lack of motivation. If this was some sorta predestine thing that the Order of the Stick must stop the Snarl, I think that would have been in the story already. Being destine is a reason to go on the adventure and the Order doesnt need that.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 14, 2018, 03:39:00 am »

I'm so hyyypppeeedddd
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 16, 2018, 10:19:20 pm »

New one up http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1135.html Also, Minrah squeeing like a girl who's just met her rockstar crush.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:16:58 pm by smjjames »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 16, 2018, 11:10:22 pm »

Thor's a nice dude. It's nice seeing positive portrayals of him outside of the MCU, and definitely outside the new God of War game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 17, 2018, 06:38:39 am »

I see that they're touching on the "gods arent just big magic people" element there - Thor knows Minrah because she prays to him for spells every single day. Presumably that means he knows all his clerics and personally and consciously handles all their spells just like he did with Durkon wayy back
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 17, 2018, 07:16:09 am »

Ugh, the paperwork.

If I were a god I'd be lawful just so I could proclaim all my cletuvs have to turn in their spell requests only on the first day of the month, and at least one month before they the day they want them on.
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 18, 2018, 11:41:35 pm »

Nah Chaotic all the way.  Then my clerics can't complain when they ask for cure light wounds and I give them blade barrier.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 19, 2018, 01:29:10 am »

I think I'd be a blind formless mass of tentacles forever listening to the whine of cursed flutes.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 19, 2018, 01:44:55 am »

I'd be an old man with a hooked nose and a long beard, who walked around amongst mortal worshippers at a distance, and quietly judged them for their actions while looking mysterious in the background for the players/movie-go ers/comic readers/book readers/tv watchers/ etc. to notice and theorize about.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 19, 2018, 01:45:15 am »

Azathoth is goals for me as a God because then I'd be omnipotent and also always sleeping.

Plus I'd have my personal musicians.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 19, 2018, 01:53:30 am »

Azathoth is goals for me as a God because then I'd be omnipotent and also always sleeping.

Plus I'd have my personal musicians.
And people to do the paperwork, if you're asleep all the time. Lucky...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 311