Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 484893 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3195 on: August 21, 2018, 11:51:14 pm »

Second panel, loved the 4th wall breaking joke there about how long Durkon's been dead.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 21, 2018, 11:52:47 pm »

Second panel, loved the 4th wall breaking joke there about how long Durkon's been dead.

I didn't realize it was a wallbreaking joke until I saw people commenting that it really has been five and a half years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 22, 2018, 04:54:13 am »

Last panel has me cracking up. Especially if those trees around Vahalla are the ones that Thor zapped.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 22, 2018, 06:21:32 am »

I still wonder if the Gods are just people from Earth roleplaying as gods.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 24, 2018, 04:28:33 pm »

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: August 24, 2018, 04:50:14 pm »

I guess that answers that question; Thor was waiting for Durkon to demonstrate knowing about the Snarl before speaking about it.

"Hop on, let's go for a god ride." I wonder how many times Thor has used that as a pickup line.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 24, 2018, 05:36:13 pm »

I'd guess Thor is going to show them something about the nature of the snarl, maybe the fact that there is a world inside it. Very few characters in-comic have actually seen through the portals

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 24, 2018, 07:32:00 pm »

I didn't realize it was a wallbreaking joke until I saw people commenting that it really has been five and a half years.

I looked up how long OOTS has been going and now I feel really old....

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:34 pm »

Xykon's secret what
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 24, 2018, 07:54:53 pm »

Been a long time, but it was where he dropped the phylactery after it was retrieved. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3205 on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:25 pm »

The fake phylactery?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 24, 2018, 08:16:26 pm »

The one he thinks is the real one but isn't, so, yes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 24, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »

You know it's been so long I kinda forgot what Xykon is doing. He wants to destroy the gates because he thinks he can control them when really it'll just let the Snarl unravel the universe, and Hel wants to unravel the world so that the gods can unravel the Snarl before it unravels everything else, right? But there's a mystery planet inside the Snarl that no one knows about?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 24, 2018, 09:07:23 pm »

Some of the more conservative gods want to destroy the universe and build a better prison for the snarl, before the little mortals mess things up and get the thing loose. Hel wants to destroy the universe because it would kill every single living dwarf dishonorably, putting them in her bag.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 24, 2018, 09:11:07 pm »

Xykon wants to cast a ritual to control the Snarl, correct.  Redcloak misled him, since the ritual will really allow his god (the Dark One) to teleport the Snarl into the realm of the gods: this will be used to force the gods to accede to his demands to improve the lot of all goblinoids, which pre-Gobbotopia basically boiled down to EXP-fodder.  The problem with the ritual, though, is that it requires an intact, accessible gate.  The only one they sat on for any amount of time, Dorukan's, was shielded so they couldn't access it without someone who was Good.  With all the other gates now destroyed, Serini's gate is their last shot at casting the ritual. 

Hel, on the other hand, does not want to see the Snarl released.  She wants to preemptively destroy the world to reseal the Snarl.  This will also kill all mortals on it, and since the dwarves will all die a dishonorable death, all of their souls will automatically default to her.  She can then use this combined power to gain a commanding position among the northern pantheon recreation of the new world, and one in which the "trick" Loki and Thor played on her (in which she only gets the souls of dwarves who died dishonorably in this world) has expired. 

As for the Snarl, no one knows.  We know there's a world, but we don't know how it's related to the Snarl.  We know the Snarl is also still on the other side, because it's already ripped through one of rifts left behind by a broken gate.  Other than that, it's one of the big last-act mysteries.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:13:40 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 311