Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 477835 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3240 on: September 05, 2018, 06:48:51 pm »

Snarl me once, shame on you. Snarl me billions, trillions, possibly an uncountably large number of times, well, uh, shame on me I guess.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: September 05, 2018, 07:01:36 pm »

They look like butt plugs.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 05, 2018, 09:10:24 pm »

They can only cage the Snarl because it's mentally incapable of recognizing the fact that it's being trapped and because they have all these threads lying around on the Material Plane. Even then, they can only do that since they're safe from the Snarl on the Outer Planes. The Dark One's plan would let the Snarl loose on the Outer Planes, which would remove those advantages.

Still, with this number of previous worlds it's hard to imagine this situation hasn't come up before, not only once but many many times. Which would imply it's not really that big of a deal and the gods can handle it if it happens.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 05, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »

There's a few possibilities floating around over on GiTP, and the one I find most plausible is that this world is in a unique situation. Either this is the first world where mortals ascended to godhood (since all but a few of the gods fit neatly into their inspirationary pantheons, and those exceptions are explicitly called out , it is likely that all of them came from this world), or this is the first world where mortals gained high enough levels to make executing The Plan or building the Gates to be possible.

Keep in mind that we don't know how long most of these worlds lasted, only that World 2 lasted for 4 years and the current world is well into the second millennium. We have no way to know if the lifespan of the worlds was a steady improvement as the gods got better, or if they all lasted a really short time until the most recent one.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 05, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »

Theres a layering error in panel 7 too though.

Not sure what you mean by panel 7 there, however in the one I count as panel 6, Thor is missing his aura.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 05, 2018, 09:31:12 pm »

In panel six Thor is lacking his aura
In panel seven Thor's arm is above his glove's cuff.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 05, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »

You're all just not picking up on the subtle symbolism given by Thor's aura being suppressed. You're be kicking yourselves for not getting it when Rich spells it out later. Oh yeah, the arm is probably symbolism too. :P

His arm not connecting with his hand has got to do with how seeing the monument makes him feel beside himself, you see. His godly body can express this emotion by being beside his hand.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: September 05, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »

He doesn't really have a physical body, of course.  He only simplified into a form mortals perceive as relatively normal.

Naturally Thor will have lighting/crack glitches.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 05, 2018, 10:08:59 pm »

Looking back, I actually missed the clever touch that "godly" Thor has simple shading and "for mortals" Thor has an unshaded flat art style like everything else, haha.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 06, 2018, 04:02:36 am »

Aaaand now we know why the gods can’t tell mortals about the Snarl.
Because they might be the next world to be destroyed.
In endless succession.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:18 am »

Self-inflicted Groundhog Day.
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: September 06, 2018, 07:51:29 am »

You're all just not picking up on the subtle symbolism given by Thor's aura being suppressed. You're be kicking yourselves for not getting it when Rich spells it out later. Oh yeah, the arm is probably symbolism too. :P

His arm not connecting with his hand has got to do with how seeing the monument makes him feel beside himself, you see. His godly body can express this emotion by being beside his hand.

There's also the layering error where Thor's mouth appears to be on the outside of his beard
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: September 06, 2018, 11:34:37 am »

Aaaand now we know why the gods can’t tell mortals about the Snarl.
Because they might be the next world to be destroyed.
In endless succession.
Statistically it's not might bebut will be.

It's not surprising they keep their mouths shut about it.

That said, if there were rifts that formed, does that mean the Snarl was already part-way through breaking down it's prison?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: September 06, 2018, 12:49:49 pm »

My highschool girlfriend - literally 2001, Freshman, and showed me secrets in Descent 1 deathmatch -
Er yeah she was super into Pern, and a MUSH for Pern.  When she wasn't outdoing me in Act Of War MUD.  Or making cute levels in my own MUD, heh.  Jeez, hard to believe that was less than two years...

As for Gor, I couldn't get into it because my "boyfriend" recommended it for bad reasons, a few years ago.  Sure seemed interesting, though.  Still got it.  But it's 50 shades tier.  If I want camp fantasy I'll go Fafhrd and The Grey Mouser, or Thieves World short stories.
right, back to sleep... nngh...
Yeah, it's pretty goddamn cheesy stuff, I could tell this at like... 7 or 8 maybe?

Still got a soft (or, err.. hard) spot for chokers, the blowjob black belt as they say.

Pern inspired a weird sort of eye-rolling revulsion I only later identified as my being the anti-furry.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: September 06, 2018, 05:31:24 pm »

I've only heard of Gor, but I believe it started off as a fantasy book series with a little bit of weird sex stuff on the side, and ended up being 90% weird sex stuff where the other 10% is diatribes from the author about how women should be subservient to men.

I don't think you're missing much.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 311