Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 485505 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3360 on: September 30, 2018, 03:35:14 pm »

What about a five-quiddity alliance between deities? Might that be capable of destroying the Snarl for good?
But there is no fifth color. The western pantheon got destroyed.

BTW in this debate I think we are forgetting the Snarl world we saw during the conquest of Azurecity. I think there is more to this Snarl business than it seems.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 30, 2018, 03:37:36 pm »

What about a five-quiddity alliance between deities? Might that be capable of destroying the Snarl for good?

BTW in this debate I think we are forgetting the Snarl world we saw during the conquest of Azurecity. I think there is more to this Snarl business than it seems.
Yes, but after the Western pantheon was destroyed, the Dark one just became powerful with his own quiddity. If that happened again, possibly deliberately this time, then they might be able to imprison the Snarl for good, at the very least.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: September 30, 2018, 03:38:31 pm »

There's a theory over on GitP that the Starmetal used to reforge Roy's sword is a relic of the Eastern Gods, and would provide a fifth quiddity. I doubt it, but crazier theories have been proven.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: September 30, 2018, 03:56:03 pm »

Yes, but after the Western pantheon was destroyed, the Dark one just became powerful with his own quiddity. If that happened again, possibly deliberately this time, then they might be able to imprison the Snarl for good, at the very least.

Do the pantheons know anything about the planet within the Snarl? We don't know if they know.

As far as we know, the only characters aware of the planet within it are V and Blackwing. The psion (I think she is a psion?) who is part of Elans dad's team sensed something I think when she tried to scan the rift, but couldn't figure out what before it blew up on her. Then theres the rest of OotS who saw the ocean on the other side of the rift, so, they know that all might not be as it seems. However, I don't think Durkon ever saw it...

There's a theory over on GitP that the Starmetal used to reforge Roy's sword is a relic of the Eastern Gods, and would provide a fifth quiddity. I doubt it, but crazier theories have been proven.

I saw that one, something about the starmetal being a shard of the eastern gods or something. Got shot down with the argument that if the color emitted was enough, then V's magic aura would also work.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:01:09 pm by smjjames »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 30, 2018, 04:05:30 pm »

Also I hadnt thought of this before but... seeing as the souls for all the other mortals are split up between something like fifty gods while The Dark One seems to get all the souls from all the goblinoids and has for centuries, TDO stands a good chance of being one of the strongest single gods in the world (seeing as Rich I believe has said that souls only provide energy for a couple hundred years). Sort of an irrelevant point seeing as the other gods do everything of note in unison to avoid snarl-time and only war by proxy, but might be an interesting thought
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 30, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »

It looks like the psion read the Snarl's mind. That's probably fatal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: September 30, 2018, 04:12:53 pm »

Yeah, I don’t think she survived that. It’s possible that none of the people in the area did.
Would the snarl have destroyed their sould as Thor described it doing before, or is that not until the Snrl proper escapes?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 30, 2018, 04:22:33 pm »

Yeah, I don’t think she survived that. It’s possible that none of the people in the area did.
Would the snarl have destroyed their sould as Thor described it doing before, or is that not until the Snrl proper escapes?

Miron being a near-epic level caster who got taken out of the Vector Guild fight before casting many spells and who has been explicitly shown teleporting almost certainly got away, possibly with Laurin (assuming she survived whatever caused her to have the Snarl(? theres some debate about that but im pretty sure its our tangly boi) in her eyes). The sweaties are probbably all dead though.

I believe that people killed through the Rifts by the Snarl (aka Mijung) probbably had their souls destroyed. Mijung is listed as such on the OOTS wiki so thats probbably the case barring any sudden revalations about the true nature of the Snarl
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:48 pm »

Here is a wild theory: the snarl is axtually preserving the worlds the gods "destroy", and it's the snarl's raison de etre. It doesn't like the gods because it sees them as quarrelsome and unstable
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 30, 2018, 04:53:15 pm »

Oh yeah, thanks for the link, I'd forgotten whether V had told Roy about it. So, yeah, Roy knows that all is not neccesarily as it seems.

Here is a wild theory: the snarl is axtually preserving the worlds the gods "destroy", and it's the snarl's raison de etre. It doesn't like the gods because it sees them as quarrelsome and unstable

Possibly? I checked back where Blackwing saw the planet and that one is lush and green (and possibly undergoing an ice age?) while the one Laurin tried to scan appears to be biologically dead (at least as far as multicellular creatures that Laurin can sense). We don't even know if they're the same world.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:55:16 pm by smjjames »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: October 01, 2018, 05:49:43 am »

What if the Snarl is some kind of creation singularity that absorb creation and gods and turn them into one single, cohesive world? But from what Laurin had said, it's probably an ultimately lifeless (well, animal/moving creatures-less) world.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: October 01, 2018, 09:38:26 am »

I have this theory that in the end Xykon will banish Redcloak into the new world (possibly by trying to kill him by throwing him through a portal, then he'll be blasted... only instead of respawning in his astral fortress he'll do so at Redcloak's hut, where he will end up being used as a chamberpot foe eternity

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: October 01, 2018, 09:49:57 am »

What if the Snarl is some kind of creation singularity that absorb creation and gods and turn them into one single, cohesive world? But from what Laurin had said, it's probably an ultimately lifeless (well, animal/moving creatures-less) world.

Doesn't explain the lush world that Blackwing saw if it's an ultimately lifeless world.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: October 01, 2018, 10:34:04 am »

Doesn't explain the lush world that Blackwing saw if it's an ultimately lifeless world.
He said lifeless from the perspective of fauna with no flora, rather than flora andfauna.

The story seems to be going in two opposite directions at once, and both seem bound to collide, despite the laws of physics stating that they shouldn’t.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:36:19 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41:38 am »

Any object, once in motion, will eventually collide with the main plot.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 311