Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 238849 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3720 on: August 20, 2019, 09:48:10 am »

My mods.
Minimalism and Milk:I,II,III.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:05 pm »

Hm. I wonder... what did that fadeout mean? Maybe Hel is running out of godflow? Maybe that's why Loki is actually sad?
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: August 20, 2019, 01:39:24 pm »

She's on an extremely unbalanced divine diet, and she's just had to pump out a lot of power through the clerics she rarely has. Granting spells to a half-dozen or so clerics isn't much for a well-fed god, but for one in the late stages of starvation it might be another story - particularly since the clerics she has haven't done anything to restore her diet to normal. This even goes to show how stupid she's being. Durkon* made enough vampire clerics at the Godsmoot to be beyond the smitey-smite of any but high-level adventurers, and they could quite easily have survived long enough to establish a proper Church of Hel with undead clerics, restoring her diet to normal and gaining her quite a bit of power.

There's some speculation over on GiTP that she's in the same boat as the Dark One - not certain to survive the time between worlds, but completely unaware of this fact.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: August 20, 2019, 09:54:46 pm »

I don't suppose the other gods could lend some of the 'god food' during the downtime between worlds?

Or maybe theres some sort of hibernation state they can do, but then again, if she could do a hibernation state, the lesser gods that popped up in the billion+ worlds would have survived since they could do the hibernation state as well.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is music and living's a dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: August 21, 2019, 05:39:07 am »

If she were going to be reliant on charity to survive this cycle, then threatening her family is even more of a brainless move.
Feel it pass through you. The cycle, they say.
Life, death, blood. The cycle of life. No way out.
Trapped, cornered, pained, bleeding. No choice now.
Let them see your claws. Let them see their cycle.

Hotfire90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: August 26, 2019, 09:46:25 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: August 26, 2019, 11:15:23 am »

Hah, seems you guys were right.

Also Faith is what he calls his penis
Love, scriver~

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: September 03, 2019, 06:47:01 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »

A bard version of stone to flesh, huh? I donít recall anybody on the GitP forum or here predicting them doing that, it was mostly V doing it somehow or other. Though some did mention moving Durkon somewhere else before de-stoning.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is music and living's a dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: September 03, 2019, 07:13:49 pm »

Isn't that a song of freedom or whatever it's called?
Feel it pass through you. The cycle, they say.
Life, death, blood. The cycle of life. No way out.
Trapped, cornered, pained, bleeding. No choice now.
Let them see your claws. Let them see their cycle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: September 03, 2019, 07:16:29 pm »

Yep, that 12th level ability!
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#songofFreedom
I didn't actually remember they could do this, but my 3.5 group only briefly had a bard PC of that level.
We do share a laugh about Countersong sometimes, heh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: September 03, 2019, 07:40:19 pm »

Interesting that Thirden and especially his apprentice Janna can sing it, since it requires being a 12th-level Bard or higher. Normally you wouldn't expect an apprentice to have what is generally considered a fairly high level.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: September 03, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »

Yeah and it's weird that they're casting (well it's a spell-like ability) together, which isn't a thing.  I suspect this is a homebrew thing about the apprenticeship, particularly as I'm pretty sure an earlier strip called her musical skill into question.  Which is fine since she's currently an apprentice, just odd if she's supposed to be level 12 herself.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: September 04, 2019, 08:25:25 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just her assisting him. Wouldn't surprise me if they had some homebrew rules for that.

Not sure what assisting that ability would do, per se, but...why not?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:03 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just her assisting him. Wouldn't surprise me if they had some homebrew rules for that.

Not sure what assisting that ability would do, per se, but...why not?

That might work for the song they did for Durkon, but a few panels later they're taking turns singing to unwhammy the dominated counselors with Janna singing without any visible assistance from Thirden.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250