Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 484574 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4275 on: July 15, 2021, 04:51:26 pm »

So that's... Actually an interesting question.

If you catch an unprotected lich in an antimagic zone, do they just... Stop living? Technically they're magically animated. I mean, the phylactery is still there if it's not caught in the blast, but the physical body should disassemble itself, right?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: July 15, 2021, 05:04:23 pm »

So that's... Actually an interesting question.

If you catch an unprotected lich in an antimagic zone, do they just... Stop living? Technically they're magically animated. I mean, the phylactery is still there if it's not caught in the blast, but the physical body should disassemble itself, right?

Nope, liches are corporeal undead. Incorporeal wink out of existence(presumably, they still exist on the Ethereal Plane), and return in the same place once the AM field goes away. Interesting question on what happens if the phylactery ends up in the field though. It probably wouldn't affect the lich at all if they're still intact, but if the lich is destroyed and the phylactery is placed in an AM field, who knows? Possibly, it will suppress regeneration, but I doubt that. Plus, with all the protections placed on it, it's possible that it's protected from antimagic anyway.

Xykon would certainly lose his damage reduction in an antimagic field, though, as that's a supernatural effect.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: July 26, 2021, 10:58:39 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: July 27, 2021, 04:14:30 am »

Did Elan actually cast anything while we weren't looking, which is going to be revealed soon, or did he legitimately just take that moment to stare at his own pretty blue fingers?

Also featured: Two dwarves and a halfling who all failed their saving throws at the same time (well, Durkon might be able to stubborn his way out of the petrification if it's one of those multi-save ones, but still).

I like how the prismatic spray gets neutralized by Sunny's gaze on the far side

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: July 27, 2021, 04:35:34 am »

Those guys shouldn't bully Sunny so
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: July 27, 2021, 06:37:46 am »

that's some really bad rolls there
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: July 27, 2021, 08:08:05 am »

Did Elan actually cast anything while we weren't looking, which is going to be revealed soon, or did he legitimately just take that moment to stare at his own pretty blue fingers?

Also featured: Two dwarves and a halfling who all failed their saving throws at the same time (well, Durkon might be able to stubborn his way out of the petrification if it's one of those multi-save ones, but still).

I like how the prismatic spray gets neutralized by Sunny's gaze on the far side

Petrification has been shown as instant before. That is probably Durkon making his save, not failing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4282 on: July 27, 2021, 02:38:20 pm »

Those guys shouldn't bully Sunny so

Unfortunately, the only other target they're aware of is invisible, and also happens to have great dexterity.

And yeah, to my knowledge the Eye Rays have a slight effect even if the saving throw succeeds.

On the note of Eye Rays, which one enraged Mr Scruffy? All the other effects are standard Eye Rays, and #8 is probably Death.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: July 27, 2021, 03:25:31 pm »

Not to mention Durkon is clearly casting something on Roy, but it's apparently not Neutralize Poison. Roy is still down; the poison is an unconsciousness effect(which Neutralize Poison would remove). Also, Roy still has the green bubble effect on him that indicates poisoning; V in this strip lost the green bubbles(but was still downed by Strength damage) after Neutralize Poison was applied.

Alternatively, the spell fizzled when Durkon was hit with the petrification beam, but there's no -fizzle!- effect. Since I don't know Sunny's stats here, I don't know what the save DC of that eye beam is(standard Flesh to Stone is DC16). Durkon does however have a high Concentration skill, and has shown to be able to resist distactions while casting.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: July 27, 2021, 03:29:26 pm »

On the note of Eye Rays, which one enraged Mr Scruffy? All the other effects are standard Eye Rays, and #8 is probably Death.

Dunno; as established, Sunny isn't your typical D&D beholder. Could have a Confuse ray instead of Enervation, and there's no telling what #8 could be. Disintegration? Teleportation? Darkness?

Fish?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: August 18, 2021, 10:38:05 pm »

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: August 19, 2021, 01:56:19 am »

Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator MVP

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: August 19, 2021, 08:45:35 pm »

That's a nice turnaround. One minor issue I see is that Mr. Scruffy taking a swing at Belkar should have ended Calm Emotions. Then again, assuming that Mr. Scruffy is just confused instead of charmed/dominated(like Elan), Calm Emotions should have suppressed that too.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: August 20, 2021, 12:47:13 am »

what does belkar's clasp do again?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: August 20, 2021, 01:24:56 am »

I thought it was a ring, but it is indeed a brooch.  It provides Protection from Evil which, like all Protection from [alignment] effects, prevent mental domination from any source.  Since he is technically evil, it has caused him discomfort when wearing it.  (I don't think that's RAW but it's good flavor)

... In fact I feel like applying a fresh Protection From [Alignment] effect *doesn't* end a preexisting domination, but I'm too sleepy to check.

Edit:  I guess this is a charm and maybe that's different
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:30:28 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 311