Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 485402 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4485 on: November 20, 2022, 08:39:31 pm »

i think v is just agender its not horrifically complex
Black lives matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4486 on: November 21, 2022, 07:05:02 am »

V's gender is "Divorced Parent"
Lmao this is too accurate. Still V's doing their best without custody after going on a midlife sorcery crisis bender

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: November 26, 2022, 02:21:21 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: November 26, 2022, 09:43:09 am »

"An army marches on its stomach", never underestimate the power of being well-fed!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: December 18, 2022, 01:38:51 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4490 on: December 18, 2022, 03:27:11 pm »

< : (

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 18, 2023, 11:32:23 pm »

Now with more topical references! heh
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 18, 2023, 11:35:28 pm »

I was here when that link was still backwards, and you caught it so fast there's not even an edit message. :p
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 18, 2023, 11:56:14 pm »

"Surely I don't need to preview THIS post, it's tiny.  ...but just in case- aw NUTS"

I make that mistake pretty often but usually catch it.  Thankfully the grace period for quiet edits is something like 30 seconds.  not that it comes up almost daily for me
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 18, 2023, 11:59:34 pm »

I do lots of quick edits but not for that specific mistake. Usually changing my mind about how I want to phrase something or just noticing a mistake. I like having the setting where after hitting post it leaves me in the thread so that I can look over my post an additional time.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4495 on: January 19, 2023, 10:34:23 am »

This feels like a filler / recap page.  I gained nothing from it.  Maybe it is some subtle set-up for an epiphany next page?

On the topic of editing posts:  Is there a way to document why the edit happened or what has changed?  It feels awkward to edit stuff after people have replied.  (We could write it in the post, but that's as trust-based as no message at all.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 19, 2023, 10:53:34 am »

No, there's no way to specify that. I think the thing to do is to avoid editing after someone's quote replied you and instead make a response. Unless it's just spelling and grammar.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 19, 2023, 02:48:49 pm »

This feels like a filler / recap page.  I gained nothing from it.  Maybe it is some subtle set-up for an epiphany next page?

The theory I've seen on the GiTP and SA discussion threads is that the last panel is a pretty strong hint that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 19, 2023, 04:23:31 pm »

Rereading it, there's one thing I noticed: Bloodfeast is following where Roy is looking throughout most of the strip. Even the panel where Roy is looking away from Julia.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 20, 2023, 03:47:59 am »

The theory I've seen on the GiTP and SA discussion threads is that the last panel is a pretty strong hint that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought that too, but mostly because of the long exposition by Roy up until the last few panels. I wondered prior to those panels if the sending (or whatever spell Julia is using) could be altered in appearence by a polymorph in this setting. Did Roy divulge information the evil team didn't know already? If not, he may have been spy checking with the memory callback. Do clerics have access to a read memories type spell? I bet it's not long ranged if so. That would mean Redcloak, if the sending is from him, might not have had opportunity to use it on the real Julia, assuming minions were sent to capture Julia and the sending is not the real Julia. Are rolls to remember information in this setting (if any) done on Wisdom or Intelligence or maybe in this case Charisma? Since she's a wizard, perhaps the roll was more difficult unless it was intelligence, and especially if it was Charisma (due to the memory being about someone else).
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 311