Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 483233 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2910 on: July 18, 2018, 11:29:04 am »

Barracuda
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 18, 2018, 11:41:13 am »

Fish
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 18, 2018, 11:55:57 am »

fishy sticks
Love, scriver~

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 18, 2018, 12:50:31 pm »

Uh... This is not the word association thread...
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 18, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »

This is not the word dissociation needle
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 18, 2018, 02:10:39 pm »

They were next to each other and had similar content. I am sorry.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 18, 2018, 05:00:54 pm »

This is going to sound horrible, but wouldn't the correct course of action be to throw the sword anyway, potentially killing the baby as well as the vampire? The baby would be doomed anyway if Hel's plan succeeds, along with literally everyone else in the world not on a different plane. It's certainly a difficult thing, though I imagine it would be a lot easier if Raise Dead/Resurrection works on babies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I just noticed, but blinding spell that Minrah got hit with was the spell Ponchula was casting at the end of the previous strip. Why would she be casting Blindness if their primary attack requires the target to be able to see?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 18, 2018, 05:49:08 pm »

I think Roy's fine to throw. There's technically no rule about accidentally striking the soft cover with a ranged weapon, after all.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 18, 2018, 11:21:33 pm »

This is going to sound horrible, but wouldn't the correct course of action be to throw the sword anyway, potentially killing the baby as well as the vampire?

Ah, no. Literary heroes don't skewer the baby to get the bad guy. Maybe if he was a hardcore anti-hero in a grimdark setting that would be possible, though it's usually to signify the MC's immoral nature which is later rectified through, for example, befriending and needing to protect a young boy/girl who then acts as their moral compass (think Terminator 2).

Literary villains, or un-reformed anti-heroes, use "ends justifies the means" as a rational basis for their actions, not regular heroes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:25:28 pm by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 18, 2018, 11:45:56 pm »

Yes, "technically this is a net positive!" is not a heroic line of thinking.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:25 am »

This is going to sound horrible, but wouldn't the correct course of action be to throw the sword anyway, potentially killing the baby as well as the vampire? The baby would be doomed anyway if Hel's plan succeeds, along with literally everyone else in the world not on a different plane. It's certainly a difficult thing, though I imagine it would be a lot easier if Raise Dead/Resurrection works on babies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I just noticed, but blinding spell that Minrah got hit with was the spell Ponchula was casting at the end of the previous strip. Why would she be casting Blindness if their primary attack requires the target to be able to see?

By primary attack, you mean the dominate gaze? I guess if it failed once, there’s no guarantee it’ll work again. Maybe she’s out of dominate charges or whatever and did the next best thing to take Minrah out of the fight or at least made it harder

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 19, 2018, 06:37:44 am »

Maybe she’s out of dominate charges or whatever and did the next best thing to take Minrah out of the fight or at least made it harder

Vampire's Dominate Gaze is an at-will ability requiring only a standard action. It does have a range of 30ft, so maybe Minrah was out of range - unlikely since she's still near where V fell, and when Haley and Elan were dominated they were behind V. Still, Blindness is an odd choice - the same spell can cause Deafness(the spell is literally called Blindness/Deafness) based on caster choice, which would be better given that she's trying to cast healing spells(deaf casters have a fail chance with verbal components), and Roy is giving verbal orders.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 19, 2018, 12:00:16 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:14 pm »

This is your moment, kitty!

Do your thing!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 311