Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 484516 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3105 on: August 05, 2018, 05:12:10 am »

I'm guessing there's more to it, and he ends up with Hel so this all serves another purpose, but that's just a guess and doesn't help things right now.

Is there a betting pool going?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 05, 2018, 09:46:40 am »

Place your bets now as to the final fate of Durkon's soul! Your reward will be a picture of soem cookies.
Any takers for Hel? Or any for some argument between Hel nd Thor between the fate of his soul?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 05, 2018, 10:25:51 am »

I think for practical intents and purposes Durkon now has TWO souls: Durkon Prime and Durkula.

Durkula will presumably go to hell, presumably to play some further role.

Durkon might or might not be resurrected
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 05, 2018, 11:00:59 am »

Durkon will be ressurected. From how the afterlife has been used before, he'll gain some new insight or power to help with Hel machination at the end. Or we'll see him floating up there, and have a talk with Thor or a probably an unnamed one eye man on the mountain and Durkon will be used as power up for the final push to stop Hel and the character will be retired thereafter. But regardless, Durkon will be at the last fight with Hel.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 05, 2018, 12:57:12 pm »

Here's a thought- when Roy ended up in the afterlife he ended up meeting his dead relatives as well as learning what he could, Perhaps Durkon will undergo something similar- or perhaps he will find that his father never truly made it to valhalla...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 05, 2018, 02:50:39 pm »

I'm 99% sure that Greg no longer exists. The dark spirit probably follows the same rules as Roy's girlfriend, and just merges back into the source plane.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 05, 2018, 03:26:34 pm »

Greg maybe still around. Turning into a mirror of Durkon didnt kill it.  And we didnt see Greg die on camera. Which leaves them narratively to be alive. I dont know when they'll pop up again. I dont think they have any need to in the current arc. I dont see how they can do anything in Hel domian. I can see Greg, managing to get body on the materiel realm, and just being a cleric, doing what they can with probably amenesia.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 05, 2018, 08:51:57 pm »

No. Blown away
I would love to re-read to see when this happened to them because there are so many story arcs and the titles...don't seem to be that helpful in pinpointing when. I can picture the environment but not the exact scenario here. :-\

Also I'm very, very curious. How does vampire...hypnosis(?) work?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 05, 2018, 08:54:23 pm »

a wizard did it
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 05, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »

No. Blown away
I would love to re-read to see when this happened to them because there are so many story arcs and the titles...don't seem to be that helpful in pinpointing when. I can picture the environment but not the exact scenario here. :-\

Also I'm very, very curious. How does vampire...hypnosis(?) work?

Is this what you wanted?

Also, here's the rules for the mind control spell vampires use.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:05 am »

Will they be able to raise Durkon since he has been dead so long? I remember with Roy they had to use a higher tier of spell because he was basically a skeleton.. they even had to rearrange his bones after he was blasted to bits as a golem IIRC.

I doubt there will be much of Durkon's afterlife shown since they should raise him fairly quickly (don't they only have a couple days before the world is unmade anyway?) while Roy was dead for months and months (and spent a lot of this time climbing an endless mountain without noticing the passage of time O_o)

Edit: nvm, forgot that vampires turn to dust.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:52:27 am by Caz »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 07, 2018, 09:58:46 am »

"Regular" Resurrection is already necessary because he spent time undead, so Raise Dead won't work.  But they don't need a True Resurrection, Resurrection has a time limit of 10 years per caster level.

And yeah, having even a little of his dust is sufficient "remains" for a Resurrection, unlike Raise Dead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 07, 2018, 10:00:04 am »

They needed Resurrection for Roy because he was dead for longer then {however many levels Durkon had} days.

They need Resurrection for Durkon because he has been dead longer than a day, was undead, and was reduced to dust. Let's just hope nobody scatters the dust.

Since he was dead less than 10*{Hylgias levels} years, Resurrection will work.

Ninja'd

Also, new one
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:57 am »

Why is he worrying about enough diamonds? At the party's level, they should be overflowing with cash and diamonds.

edit: Oh yeah, as mentioned on the GitP forums, the party went on a spending spree at the Gnomish city and are light on cash at this time. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1029.html Though other sources of cash may show up, another person also mentioned that Hilgya has a bunch of cash, so....

Will they be able to raise Durkon since he has been dead so long? I remember with Roy they had to use a higher tier of spell because he was basically a skeleton.. they even had to rearrange his bones after he was blasted to bits as a golem IIRC.

I doubt there will be much of Durkon's afterlife shown since they should raise him fairly quickly (don't they only have a couple days before the world is unmade anyway?) while Roy was dead for months and months (and spent a lot of this time climbing an endless mountain without noticing the passage of time O_o)

I don't think they know for sure just how long they have before Xykon's plans to do something with the world (not sure what he's planning to do with the gates, but it would definetly be the end of their world as they know it. Plus there's that revelation of another world within the Snarl.), they just know they have to hurry. However, as far as Hel's plans to end the world go, they seem to have just killed that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:03:43 am by smjjames »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:58 am »

Why is he worrying about enough diamonds? At the party's level, they should be overflowing with cash and diamonds.

edit: Oh yeah, as mentioned on the GitP forums, the party went on a spending spree at the Gnomish city and are light on cash at this time. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1029.html Though other sources of cash may show up, another person also mentioned that Hilgya has a bunch of cash, so....

I don't think they know for sure just how long they have before Xykon's plans to do something with the world (not sure what he's planning to do with the gates, but it would definetly be the end of their world as they know it. Plus there's that revelation of another world within the Snarl.), they just know they have to hurry. However, as far as Hel's plans to end the world go, they seem to have just killed that.

Xykon plan on summoning and "controlling" the Snarl, remember? Except all the ritual pieces are known only to Redcloak, and iirc he said controlling the Snarl was impossible.
Now about Hel's plans, I don't really see how they've been ended? Sure, Durkula was destroyed but we don't know if ALL the vampires where there. As far as we know, they may have sent people to vampify the concil heads.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 311