Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 476659 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3750 on: August 21, 2019, 05:39:07 am »

If she were going to be reliant on charity to survive this cycle, then threatening her family is even more of a brainless move.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3751 on: August 26, 2019, 09:46:25 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: August 26, 2019, 11:15:23 am »

Hah, seems you guys were right.

Also Faith is what he calls his penis
Love, scriver~

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: September 03, 2019, 06:47:01 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »

A bard version of stone to flesh, huh? I don’t recall anybody on the GitP forum or here predicting them doing that, it was mostly V doing it somehow or other. Though some did mention moving Durkon somewhere else before de-stoning.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: September 03, 2019, 07:13:49 pm »

Isn't that a song of freedom or whatever it's called?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: September 03, 2019, 07:16:29 pm »

Yep, that 12th level ability!
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#songofFreedom
I didn't actually remember they could do this, but my 3.5 group only briefly had a bard PC of that level.
We do share a laugh about Countersong sometimes, heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: September 03, 2019, 07:40:19 pm »

Interesting that Thirden and especially his apprentice Janna can sing it, since it requires being a 12th-level Bard or higher. Normally you wouldn't expect an apprentice to have what is generally considered a fairly high level.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: September 03, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »

Yeah and it's weird that they're casting (well it's a spell-like ability) together, which isn't a thing.  I suspect this is a homebrew thing about the apprenticeship, particularly as I'm pretty sure an earlier strip called her musical skill into question.  Which is fine since she's currently an apprentice, just odd if she's supposed to be level 12 herself.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: September 04, 2019, 08:25:25 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just her assisting him. Wouldn't surprise me if they had some homebrew rules for that.

Not sure what assisting that ability would do, per se, but...why not?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:03 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just her assisting him. Wouldn't surprise me if they had some homebrew rules for that.

Not sure what assisting that ability would do, per se, but...why not?

That might work for the song they did for Durkon, but a few panels later they're taking turns singing to unwhammy the dominated counselors with Janna singing without any visible assistance from Thirden.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: September 04, 2019, 08:56:02 pm »

Given Elan, he probably recommended it because it’s more dramatic/cool that way. Maybe they just decided to give it some extra oomph just in case as the spell used for the stoning is likely a strong one.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: September 09, 2019, 09:56:39 pm »

Not your usual food snob.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: September 10, 2019, 12:17:38 am »

I honestly can't decide what's funnier - the Treeslayers mounted on epic beavers and woodpeckers, or the blindfolded, hanging upside-down high priest of Njord being used as a shower.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: September 10, 2019, 04:48:00 am »

If they have access to an 18th-level cleric(which I assume they do), couldn't they cast Miracle to duplicate a Magnificent Mansion spell? Or would the mansion being inside a demiplane(similar to a bag of holding, I suppose) count as leaving the Godsmoot and invalidating the vote?

Also, how many people are there? You've got the main high priests, their bodyguards, and the minor high priests and their bodyguards. Create Food and Water can sustain up to sixty people(if at 20th-level), Heroes Feast up to 20.

How's the Frontarch(current High Priest of Hel) handling all this? Vampires need to feed once a day, but it's been a few days and I doubt any of the other attendees would allow her to feed on them willingly.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 311