Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 476698 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3765 on: September 10, 2019, 06:52:01 am »

They look pretty grumpy from the looks of it, so probably pretty hungry
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: September 10, 2019, 09:57:11 am »

If they have access to an 18th-level cleric(which I assume they do), couldn't they cast Miracle to duplicate a Magnificent Mansion spell? Or would the mansion being inside a demiplane(similar to a bag of holding, I suppose) count as leaving the Godsmoot and invalidating the vote?

I saw some on the GitP forum saying that it might violate the quarrantine, so, the answer is probably yes.

Also, how many people are there? You've got the main high priests, their bodyguards, and the minor high priests and their bodyguards. Create Food and Water can sustain up to sixty people(if at 20th-level), Heroes Feast up to 20.

Can't be much more than 20.

How's the Frontarch(current High Priest of Hel) handling all this? Vampires need to feed once a day, but it's been a few days and I doubt any of the other attendees would allow her to feed on them willingly.

Some people on the GitP forum theorized that maybe some of the evil god priests or those that voted no might volunteer to feed the vampire. edit: I just remembered that I read that given there'd be all kinds of creatures represented, Heroes Feast would have to accommodate all of that anyway, so, maybe that would spawn some blood for the vampire? dunno.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: September 10, 2019, 10:17:39 am »

Black puddin

It's all in gonna say
Love, scriver~

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: September 16, 2019, 09:41:42 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: September 16, 2019, 12:40:55 pm »

Yay Minrah.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: September 24, 2019, 08:51:47 am »

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: September 24, 2019, 09:17:27 am »

Daw

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: September 24, 2019, 09:27:09 am »

Daw
(seconding plane of earth too, I hear it's nice all times of year)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: September 24, 2019, 10:43:55 am »

Daw
Wouldn't one of the heavens be better? Don't you have to do something in the Plane of Earth to avoid being crushed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 24, 2019, 11:38:03 am »

Daw
Wouldn't one of the heavens be better? Don't you have to do something in the Plane of Earth to avoid being crushed?

Haven't seen anybody mention that as an issue on the GitP forum (someone did mention the issue of no farms and stuff though). If she can port to the plane of Earth and is able to consider going there, one could assume she is also able to take whatever neccessary measures that are needed for going in there

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: September 30, 2019, 12:49:25 am »

From what I've read of D&D Cosmology, the elemental planes have "borderlands" areas where different elements mix. The City of Brass is a borderland with air and earth, for example. There are pockets of air and water on the plane of earth, provided you know where to look.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: September 30, 2019, 07:41:54 pm »

Apparently enough of the plane of Earth is habitable space, you just need to avoid using spells that only randomly shift you into the plane without a specific destination point or there's a chance you end up entombed. You can even farm but you need to provide your own non-dirt-based plants and I guess sunlight and water? Or maybe farm mushrooms that don't need light, etc, IDK, and spells to make water out of nowhere aren't exactly high level.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: September 30, 2019, 08:46:57 pm »

I derped a moment and thought that Earth was water-impeded, when of course it's air-impeded.  Which is also interesting.  "Spells and spell-like abilities that use or create air" are impeded - that may or may not be an additional problem if one find's oneself entombed.

I'm not aware of spells meant to create breathable air, though.  My group's 3.5 go-to in suffocation conditions (such as bags of holding, or low orbit) was Create Water and Waterbreathing, which are both water-subtype.

Does raise the question of how these caverns remain breathable over time, though.  Oxygen is the result of photosynthesis, which means flora which are taking in light somehow.  An additional ecological rung of nuclear fungi which steadily convert the literally limitless amounts of raw matter into light?  Would even explain the caverns.

Impeded magic can still succeed, just with a Spellcraft check of DC 20+level.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: September 30, 2019, 08:52:58 pm »

In the old days, with Spelljammer and stuff, I think most (non stinky) Fog spells counted as making breathable air or at least removing staleness from air. Not sure if those are the impeded ones, I remember there were 3 or 4 that made oxygen.

EDIT: As far as I know tho, there's no problem breathing in the plane of Earth unless you're actually buried in the dirt.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:57:35 pm by Sergius »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: September 30, 2019, 09:01:01 pm »

I derped a moment and thought that Earth was water-impeded, when of course it's air-impeded.  Which is also interesting.  "Spells and spell-like abilities that use or create air" are impeded - that may or may not be an additional problem if one find's oneself entombed.

I'm not aware of spells meant to create breathable air, though.  My group's 3.5 go-to in suffocation conditions (such as bags of holding, or low orbit) was Create Water and Waterbreathing, which are both water-subtype.

Does raise the question of how these caverns remain breathable over time, though.  Oxygen is the result of photosynthesis, which means flora which are taking in light somehow.  An additional ecological rung of nuclear fungi which steadily convert the literally limitless amounts of raw matter into light?  Would even explain the caverns.

Impeded magic can still succeed, just with a Spellcraft check of DC 20+level.

One could also perhaps imagine biological pathways to create oxygen that don't require light. Not sure if theres any known pathways like that, but theres certainly non-organic (or non-biological for that matter) chemical routes. I'd figure that some (most?) of the denziens of the plane of Earth are silicon based or something, so....

Also, you (and sergius and darkmere) mention pockets of air and water, but not fire, I can't imagine there not being pockets of fire (or at least molten rock) in there somewhere. Speaking of, the plane of Water would have pockets of Fire too, but they'd likely take the form of underwater volcanoes, black smokers and other hydrothermal features.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:05:24 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 311