Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254]

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 251024 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled shield user
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3795 on: December 02, 2019, 12:21:53 pm »

According to OOTS wiki, both the paladins are level 12+. Either of them could have cast Delay Poison before O-Chul collapsed.
Second step would have been to cast detect poison to know where there are more poisoned objects nearby.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Exists. Maybe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: December 02, 2019, 12:23:25 pm »

That was a thing that just happened.
My Sigtext
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.

Faith in yourself is essential. Faith in Humanity isnít.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 02, 2019, 12:41:41 pm »

Welp, that was certainly a way to end a book.

Can't remember if there were any characters that spoke with green and orange speech bubbles.

PRE-EDIT: I looked back, and the Empress of Blood had a red speech bubble, while the Black Dragon Mother that Vaarsuvius Familicided had a similar dark-purple bubble and Gannji(the dragon-ogre) had a blue one. Given that they also fly, so I heavily suspect these ambushers might be draconic. That's all I can guess at this point.

According to OOTS wiki, both the paladins are level 12+. Either of them could have cast Delay Poison before O-Chul collapsed.
Second step would have been to cast detect poison to know where there are more poisoned objects nearby.

Detect Poison has a limited range, and their attacker was both (Greater) invisible and flying. They couldn't pinpoint them by voice, and I don't know if you can target objects held by creatures with that spell, much less invisible creatures.

Said poison must had a hell of a save DC since it got through O-Chul's save bonus, though it looked like the secondary damage got him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 02, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »

3.5e Paladins are prepared casters, meaning that they have to pick a set of spells from the Paladin list every morning. Of equal importance, they have an extremely limited number of spell slots, having exactly one second-level slot until 16th level, plus one bonus slot if they have a Wisdom between 14-21. Paladins have a high Fortitude save, and these two are on their own with no friendly non-Paladins around. This means that they are extremely unlikely to waste their two (at most) 2nd level slots on Delay Poison instead of more useful spells like Bull's Strength, Undetectable Alignment , or Remove Paralysis.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:04 am »

I'm also guessing this might be a fiendish ploy.
Love, scriver~

Cinder

• Bay Watcher
  • This machine kills fascists.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: December 03, 2019, 10:32:24 pm »

These two sound like Invisible Stalkers, which are air elementals and thus can fly. But Invisible Stalkers can't talk...
That's called perfidy and it's a war crime, IcyTea31.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:32 pm »

These two sound like Invisible Stalkers, which are air elementals and thus can fly. But Invisible Stalkers can't talk...

They can, but only Auran. They're also extraplanar, meaning they're not at threat of soul-annihilation - the green one's last words suggest that it will happen to them if whatever plan they're part of succeeds. That part also suggests that they're not any kind of fiend or other outsider.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: December 04, 2019, 09:41:01 pm »

Don't outsiders effectively permadie when killed, regardless of soul-destroying shenanigans? They might simply stop existing when their goal is complete because the spell keeping them as a coherent entity ends.
when will you learn that your actions have consequences

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: December 05, 2019, 03:43:03 am »

AGENTS OF THE SNARLWORLD
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 05, 2019, 05:44:37 am »

Don't outsiders effectively permadie when killed, regardless of soul-destroying shenanigans? They might simply stop existing when their goal is complete because the spell keeping them as a coherent entity ends.

For Invisible Stalkers in particular, they actually can only be permakilled on the Plane of Air; anywhere else and they simply pop back to the Airplane.

AGENTS OF THE SNARLWORLD

That would be interesting to see. Especially since Miron and Laurin accidentally let some of the Snarl-bits into the world.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254]