Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [ASG] The Highcore Prison - "You Are a Skeletal Dragon" spin-off prequel  (Read 3714 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

// This game takes place in the same universe as my YAaSD ASG. Think of it as a prequel, taking place shortly after Helchistrasza's initial demise, 5000 years before the game.

"The Dwarven Kingdom, led by the Immortal Dragon Yvpu (//eve-poo) is steadily rebuilding itself as the greatest threat of the world - The Harbinger of Cold, Helchistrasza is defeated by human archmages, and its remains stored away on a faraway island high in the unreached sky. This is not yet the end of trouble however - the fanatics still roam the land, and criminals keep taking the advantage of chaos that was ensuing. King Yvpu was left with all but one choice - to build the great prison that could facilitate the crime issue of the country without it preventing the economical and political rebuild of the country.

And so he appointed a group of workers, soldiers and mages to go on a journey through the land, to find the place to and erect the most secure and impenetrable prison for the filthiest of Dwarven Kingdom's scum. As well as the neighboring countries', should they ask for it.
"

You pull out your world map again, still unsure of your travel location. The map is not perfectly accurate, as it doesn't account for cities, roads or rivers, but there is no other alternative that is both detailed and still relatively portable. You do have a few other, more detailed maps in your bag, given to you by the king's cartographer himself. To go and build the prison to hold the kingdom's greatest criminals is no small feat. It is a very responsible job as well, but that does not yet matter. You hide the map back in the bag as you enter the airship - it may look like a merchant pinnace at first, but it does not have any masts or even sails for that matter - powered by telekinetic magic, it can fly through the air. It is still a relatively new and rather expensive, but the wizards keep finding new ways to perfect this, hoping to one day make it possible to fly like a bird or dragon without the use of magic.
"Silly mages." - you think. But that is not your primary concern, as you look at the naked human slaves carrying bags, barrels and crates into the hold, some of which included planks, bricks, metal ingots and various tools and weapons that may be needed on-site.

But what is exactly your destination? You are the captain of this airship, and it's in your interest to choose the place where the criminals will be sent to.

Moreover, who are you? What is your name? (Human/Dwarf/Elf, male or female, age between 23-40)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:01:34 pm by DarkDXZ »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [ASG] The ... Prison - "You Are the Skeletal Dragon" spin-off prequel
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:28:44 pm »

Daniel Zarathustra, Human, Aged 33
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:32:37 pm »

Daniel Zarathustra, Human, Aged 33

Not sure if bilingual...
And of, by the way, try putting the names Jlez and Yvpu in ROT13 cipher.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:34:36 pm by DarkDXZ »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »

Nah, I just wanted a Z surname and it sounded like a nice, ominous one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:42:38 pm »

Whatever.

Also, note that because of the (rather f*cked up) timeline, this game is closer to traditional high fantasy setting like Dwarf Fortress. (so no muskets and jetpacks, but there's more magic)

And prepare to see a lot of references that could make up fluff for the other game (and once I get back to it, references to this game).
Basically, it's worth playing or at least reading through both games if you like one or the other for a more complete experience.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

On a side note, what happened to death penalty. Make an example of them, so to speak.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »

BLASPHEMY! YOU CANT BE THE REAL AUTHOR OF THE GAME! EVERYONE KNOWS IS YOU ARE A SKELETAL DRAGON, NOT THE SKELETAL DRAGON! WHO ARE YOU IMPOSTOR?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 04:05:08 pm »

BLASPHEMY! YOU CANT BE THE REAL AUTHOR OF THE GAME! EVERYONE KNOWS IS YOU ARE A SKELETAL DRAGON, NOT THE SKELETAL DRAGON! WHO ARE YOU IMPOSTOR?

Jesus Christ, calm your donkers, son.
My father died a few days ago, so cut me some slack, damnit. What is it, Grammar Gestapo?
On a side note, what happened to death penalty. Make an example of them, so to speak.

This is a world where enclosing naked people in glass caskets and casting them in obsidian is considered humane. Because yeah, you can cast people in obsidian.
And I expect you to die use this technique once the prison is up and going. Not that you have to, but this is Bay12, so what do I know.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: [ASG] The ... Prison - "You Are a Skeletal Dragon" spin-off prequel
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 06:00:37 am »

You look the ship, seeing that the harbor is fairly busy today, as there is a fairly large crowd looking at the mastless ship and chattering among themselves. They don't know what it is about - they only have rumors.
"Rumors are deceitful." - you think to yourself and ignore the gaping crowd. You have much more important matters right now as you meet with the an elven mistress of high importance, judging by her red and white clothing and the black tricorne.
"Welcome, mister...Mister..." - she hanged for a moment.
"Zarathustra." - you reply and shake your hands.
"Oh, yes. I am Aelice Awemedinade, and it's great pleasure to meet you on my ship."
"Wait...Your ship? Am I not supposed to be the captain?" - you look at her with a bit of a shock.
"Excuse m-" - she bursted with laughter - "Oooh, I'm sorry, mister. You are not the captain, you are just the leader of this expedition. I'm sure you wouldn't know how to steer this ship, much less command the crew. Oh no, sir. I am the captain here. And you are the leader. Speaking of that, do you already know where are we going?" - she looks at you and you realize that you still didn't decide upon the designation of this journey. You pull out your maps again and take another look at them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 06:06:38 am »

Head to the middle mountain-y island. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 06:46:32 am »

((Wanted to ask, how do you make the pictures? They look awesome.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 06:58:47 am »

Agreed.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 07:28:40 am »

Agreed.

I agree assuming that provisions will be shipped to the prison, Any prisoners that don't get death can be made to mine the mountains, If no provisions then one of the even smaller islands that at least have stuff growing on them
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: [1] 2