Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 22304 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 8!)
« Reply #210 on: December 26, 2013, 04:31:58 am »

((Heh... Occaisionally I've been checking back here. Imagine my surprise, the day after Christmas, when I see this has been updated. What a lovely Christmas present!

Merry Christmas all, by the way.))

Alex could deal with herself. Plus... somewhere deep down, as he felt bloodlust rise in himself, he didn't think he'd WANT to join Alex. Just in case one of them, or both of them, lost their sense of self. Even for a moment, it could be bad. He leapt at one of the other buildings, intent on ripping apart the opponents in front of him.

Go to town on the poor squishy mortals.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2013, 10:16:46 am »

Alexei is lost on where to go from there. Left with few and unhelpful clues, with the military playing hardball...

Delete the records of the assault on the guard and see if there is any records of people talking around the time the trucks come and go.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2013, 11:08:39 am »

@Cael: As the long hiatuses can't help, here's a recap of what you know off the top of my head;

*The body was - in the absence of a better theory - loaded into trucks, presumably cut apart in the night beforehand. The base cameras are missing record of the presumed time.
*The site of the body was possibly cleaned afterwards of remains and evidence of work.
*The trucks came across the bridge and turned towards the city.
*The trucks emitted unusual and distinct radiation - trace amounts remain here even now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2013, 03:36:50 pm »

((I now have reason to check the RTD forums again))

"You know, or at least know of I hope, that artefact I handed over to you guys, well that object looks like it could easily have been amde by the same group or creature as had made the trident"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2013, 09:16:51 am »

Turn 9
Note of the Day: The majority of still-existing nations have declared some extent of martial or emergency law. Conscription, state control of industry and research and extensive rationing have all become everyday realities of life. They have been deemed necessary under the continuous threat of food and supply shortages, global unrest and most importantly, defending against the Ancient threat.
---

Calla
"You know, or at least know of I hope, that artefact I handed over to you guys, well that object looks like it could easily have been amde by the same group or creature as had made the trident"

[6] 'I thought that might be the case,' Cardozo says. 'We have it in secure containment, but to tell the truth, we can't seem to figure out what it's supposed to do. It seems too complex to be purely ornamental, but I'd rather not make assumptions. It may be that... it will require activation by someone of... unusual heritage. If you can spare the time - I'm sure Ribeiro has you busy - come by the lab. If it's a weapon, or can be utilized like the Trident, the war effort would welcome it.'

Images flash through his mind of wrecked warships, cut apart and blackened. It does not seem Abyssal handiwork, but it's gone too quickly for Calla to say if it was just something imagined or a real memory. Cardozo's expression turns dour for a moment. It occurs to Calla all of the personnel, or atleast the officers, could use lessons in protecting their minds. Ribeiro did not seem too enthusiastic about the prospect, but Calla's certain he'll see sense if she'd seek him out again.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
Alex smiles at the men and extends a hand to the Star-God hybrid.
"Hello friend, how goes the battle?"
Make idle chat with the men until their CO gets here.

Not showing any worry over what could very well be a Cultist hybrid, Alex strolls up and offers his hand. His counterpart seems amused and shakes it. His touch makes Alex's skin crawl and something stir within his mind.

'Victory is only days away, that is what they always tell me,' he says in faintly accented English. 'This has been a long and strange war, has it not? Yet I dare say the end draws nearer with each day. You can feel it, as surely as I can. My name is Corto, and I believe they call you Alex.'

He nods respectfully and releases the grip. Alex gets the feeling he's not talking about this battle here. He senses Theo's gaze on him, unsure of how to act.

'Alex, stand back,' he says, keeping his eyes on you.

'And who is this?' Corto asks. 'Some venerable lapdog of Greyson hopeless out of his depth in this day and age? It's a dangerous world for someone like you, it seems to me.'

'Sol Cult filth,' Theo spits.

Corto pointedly ignores him. His dark eyes turn to Alex. 'Tell me, is whatever you're here for really worth the trouble? Do you even know what your masters want from this place, Alex?'

---
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov
Alexei is lost on where to go from there. Left with few and unhelpful clues, with the military playing hardball...

Delete the records of the assault on the guard and see if there is any records of people talking around the time the trucks come and go.

[5] Alexei makes short work of his attack on the guard, though there's no guarantee he won't remember it when he comes to. The supersoldier then looks through the post cameras near the time the trucks arrive, focusing on the people. It doesn't take him long to recognize the general, around ten minutes before the trucks arrive. [2] The sound quality isn't good enough to pick up what he says to the post guards.

Perhaps he could ask the man. There might be a lot of questions he should ask - whether he'd get straight answers, or any answers at all, is another matter. He may not have authority over the general, but he isn't exactly bound by any real laws or code of conducts here, if he can provide results. It might not be worth the trouble, of course, and there's always trying to track down the trucks as well.

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Alfonz Wulfric
"Well that didn't go nearly as planned, and at least we know they're hesitant to shoot us, like those damn things are gonna kill us or something if we get hit by them or something. Anyway Daniel lets try to draw them in, let Liz and Clay take one of them while me, and you get the other, since you are the stronger of the two of us try and aim for its legs and destroy something so it can't move."

With that Wulfric walks out towards the edge of the trees, making sure to stay behind cover of one of the trees, and yells out,

"Hey you massive fucking tin cans we're over here, and as I see it we're still fine so we're winning. Are you just so fucking inept that you can't even take a pair of, as you put it, freaks with your giant metal boxes."

Divert all my remaining life force into strengthening and imbuing my stick with power.
Lure them further into the trap, when it springs go after one of them with Daniel's help and aim for taking out its legs, slam the stick into it or anything to stop its movement.

[6] Daniel nods in acknowledgement and follows Wulfric to the edge of the clearing. The USMWs lumber towards them, crashing through priceless ancient trees with their weight and heavy movements. They only speed up when they hear his challenge.

'Oh yeah?' comes the garbled voice again. It seems Wulfric's voice is powerful enough to reach their cockpits. 'We'll see how you'll run from this!'

The bulky weapon in the Walker's arms whirrs not-so-threateningly.

'Alamo, please desist from bantering with the enemy,' the other voice says. A moment later the Walkers burst into the clearing.

[5] Alfonz and Daniel split, rushing into the woods, and let the Walkers roll in. On cue, [4][4] the two in the treetops launch their spears. Alfonz sees the rippling Nexus Field boosting them for a moment before they [Dodge:2][Dodge:2] hit home - but even Alfonz can see they're glancing shots at best. [BP:3][BP:1] Bell's missile hits the cockpit, just above the glass [Damage:4-2+1=3]. Powered by the Nexus Field, it hits harder than should be possible, sinking between metal plating. [Damage:1-2+1=1] Clay's spear is less effective, bouncing off the heavily-plated right arm. [1] The Walker spins around, not seeming to realize where it was hit from.

[6] On the ground, Alfonz and Daniel converge on the other USMW. [2][3] Alfonz's attempts at empowering his spear even further come to nothing, but atleast he senses some of it stay within him still. The lack of control today is getting on his nerves, big-time.

[4] Daniel charges, [Dodge:3][BP:5] stabbing at the towering Walker's sturdy legs. [Damage:1-2+1=1] From what Alfonz can see, the spear takes more damage than the metal warmachine, [2] which fails to return fire. Alfonz goes in himself, [Dodge:1][BP (Targeted):4] slamming his Imbued spear into the other leg. [Damage:6+1=6] Alfonz is a superhuman being. Where a normal man shouldn't even be able to dent something the size and power of an USMW, Alfonz, drawing on the powers of the Reaper within him, slams his spear right through the Walker's leg.

With a painful groan of tortured metal, the great Walker wavers in place. The enormous weight of it comes upon the left leg, where a gaping hole gushing out coolant and fuel tells of the half-blood's handiwork. The leg is not designed to stand with a piece missing - with the weight on it, it collapses and breaks apart, sending the entire Mechanized Walker crashing to the ground.

'What the hell-' comes from the other Walker's speakers as it spins around and [5][Dodge:1-1=1] fires an exact marksman's shot squarely at Wulfric's [BP:5] legs.

He can only see a burst of blue light before pain explodes throughout him, countless tiny flechettes connected by a net erupting from the weapon and slamming into him. [Stunning:5-1=4] Wulfric stumbles back, forcing himself to stand despite the pain, and throws the net of his feet, pulling out the flechettes with it - he realizes they did not penetrate his skin. He scrambles to his feet, facing the still-standing Walker.

[Survival:4] The downed Walker, though not in mortal peril - hopefully - seems too damaged to move again. Wulfric can just see crew moving frantically inside the small space allocated for them.

Spoiler: 'Enemies' (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Aaron Gray
Alex could deal with herself. Plus... somewhere deep down, as he felt bloodlust rise in himself, he didn't think he'd WANT to join Alex. Just in case one of them, or both of them, lost their sense of self. Even for a moment, it could be bad. He leapt at one of the other buildings, intent on ripping apart the opponents in front of him.

Go to town on the poor squishy mortals.

[1-1=1] Aaron charges. Following Alex's example, he leaps against a storefront and feels the glass shatter with very satisfying sound. Rather than landing gracefully ready to fight, however, Aaron comes down hard, stumbling onto the floor between surprised raiders. [3][5][5] They're not too surprised to fire, unfortunately. [Dodge:5][Dodge:6][Dodge:5] Moving with grace he never knew he had before, Aaron leaps up and behind a table, avoiding each rifle shot in turn. [5][5][5] They're not taking any chances and keep firing, [Dodge:1][Dodge:6][Dodge:6] and this time a shot lands on Aaron's [BP:1] cheek. [Damage:1-3+1=1] It ricochets off with a bright ping.

[2-1=1] Aaron faces the three men, trying to look intimidating despite his pounding headache and dizziness. He gets the feeling these grimy, weary-eyed men have something keeping them in the fight even if all good sense told them to flee.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

---
Superhuman strength is a bitch. Just don't think you can actually go against the bigger, Ancient-fighting Walkers, m'kay?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2013, 03:26:26 pm »

((ARGHGH. I thought I had posted! >_>))
Spoiler: Recently... (click to show/hide)

"Radost!" Alessa says, waiting for the rest to echo her cheer. She raised the drink to eye level and...
Wait, this isn't wine. I forgot that I don't take in anything but wine.
..Erg.

Begin chatting with the rest//Hopefully ignore that drink! Then talk to Viktor!

Having talked to the rest..and endured what had happened, Alessa decided to sate her curiosity and inquire.

"Hey, Viktor. Are you doing OK?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:06 pm »

"This is it, aim for the legs and bring it down!" Alfonz yells as he charges at the remaining upright walker, his make shift spear in hand, and the makings of a grin on his face.

Try to use the last bit of life force to boost my speed, and then ram the stick straight through the machines legs, keep attacking until we bring it down though avoid hurting the occupants.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:49 am »

My head... hurts. Why is it pounding so much? Aaron thought, before attempting to clear his mind by shaking his head slightly, to no avail. There were three men in front of him, and they weren't running... yet. It interested him. He tilted his head sideways for a brief moment, almost inviting them to shoot again as he raised his hand up to his cheek, where the bullet had hit, as he faced the three down. Mentally, as he felt the pounding in his head increase, in sync with his rising bloodlust, he noted how far away the soldiers were. It should be far enough... He thought, as he unleashed his mental aura. It was almost a relief... it almost felt good, as if a slight pressure in his skull had faded, the pushing against his mental barriers gone, now that said mental barriers no longer existed to hold back the near-tangible feeling of fear that he exuded.

"You... people. If you can relay this message to your master... For surely he is your master... Tell him that he isn't alone anymore." Aaron spoke, his voice slightly mangled, distorted by the mutation he had brought upon his own body. Two bright pinpoints appeared, shining from his black carapace, much like stars in the sky, much like the eyes of the Deep Ones. "Tell him... Tell him that Freedom Comes." His voice resonating as he said that phrase, the phrase ever-lurking in his psyche, as his voice warped even further for a single moment.

Then he leaped into action, launching himself at the closest raider to him. Aiming to kill, dismember, and preferably splatter over the walls, he went at it with a cold fury that gripped him like the crushing weight of the abyss, as his head pounded away from the psychic backlash he'd inflicted on himself. After doing away with the closest, if he could, he then leaped at the next closest, intending to do the same. However, he wanted one to survive, one to run. Logically, deep down, he knew it was a bad idea. But the part in his mind that said so was a small, tiny voice. The rest were too busy laughing maniacally, intoxicated with the power he felt washing over him, or too busy being tormented by the pounding, like drum-beats of war. He wanted one of them to escape. Only one. The rest had their pre-ordained place, coating his carapace with a brilliant scarlet colour.

TL;DR, kill two, try to force one to run with Aura of Terror, then move on to the next slaughterhouse.

((I apologise about my lack of excessive writing. I've been sick, and it took me a turn to get back into character. I hope this measly action suffices for now.))
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:39 am »

The soldier clicks his tongue repeatedly before deciding to follow the truck lead. He'd rather not get in trouble with general for the moment, especially because he'd have to be sure about the older man's involvement in this whole affair before going around asking bolder questions.

Head towards the area the trucks went and begin to track them down. Avoid noir internal monologue.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:34 pm »

Alex shrugs.
"It doesn't really matter. In the end I'm helping save people. Thats really all that matters. So, shall we dance?
Alex grins and picks up a piece of rebar.
You ready for this, Fae?
Let's kill these despoilers of the earth.

Alex gets ready to slam and take the Sol hybrid to the jam.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2014, 05:22:59 pm »

((Not complaining, but I thought it should be asked for all us Enemies, and I, at least, haven't played the first one:))
((How often/when do us full on Enemies appear?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »

((First one didn't get far enough to introduce enemies, but I'd assume sometime into their main plotlines/random event.
When we do gear introduced though, it's gonna be fun.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »

This is not a fast-paced game, nor am I fast-paced updater. The next batch of 'missions' will see atleast one, possibly two (not so sure about who the first one would be; one of the big critters, in any case).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2014, 09:27:02 pm »

((Didn't expect it to be. I was just checking, was all. Dun' forget the abominations!))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2014, 09:50:53 pm »

((It's sooooo worth waiting for though. I like reading this game more than some book series.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16