Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 12666 times)

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:47 pm »

So. I think this is dying, but I'd rather not let it slip quietly into page 5 and beyond. It deserves more than that.
Bah, DH is just in a dry spell. I can relate to it (though my case is mostly RL and tangential in that I'm defending him here. :P)
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »

I can also relate to the dry spell thing, but yeah, it's good to be reminded of this.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

  • Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2013, 10:36:02 pm »

This looks extremely cool and I must bump it. Partially because I wanna put it an Enemy Application. At least I think it'd be an Enemy one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:37:35 pm by Rolepgeek »
Logged
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2013, 12:08:50 am »

Not sure if dead, but that's a cool app. I'll enjoy dismantling it.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2013, 06:40:45 am »

Well... I could start updating again, if my players still exist. Or in their place, waitlisters. Rate of updating would remain low as ever, of course.
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. íNo parmesan!

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2013, 12:08:30 pm »

Pff, as if we'd not exist, HA. That's a good joke, captain. Interest is always there if the GM is still interested, no matter how long the wait is!
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2013, 12:10:39 pm »

Might as well go ahead and update, then.

EDIT: Actually, I seem to have written parts of the update already. Even better.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:12:15 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. íNo parmesan!

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »

Yay
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

adwarf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2013, 01:53:42 pm »

.... HURRAY! It is back!
Logged

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2013, 01:56:49 pm »

Roleplgeek, you're the best.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Icefire2314

  • Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »

Name: Baldr Sciathan
Gender: Male
Nationality: Norse-Irish (Norwegian if it makes you happy)
Shackled Type: Hybrid
Ancient Type: Titan
Description: Baldr is a man of largely Norse-Irish descent and stands at about 5"10', and weighs around 170lbs. He has pale white skin and blue eyes, with a dark blonde hair color. He has a very strong sense of morals and will do anything to protect someone in danger, even at the cost of his life. Having lost his family years ago, he is getting used to tragedy fights to end, knowing that even if he lives he has nothing to go back to.
Logged
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

Turn 8
Note of the Day: The battleship ECS 'Gallia', flagship of the EUROPA Mediterranean Fleet, was sunk with no survivors when the experimental energy weapon being installed onboard malfunctioned catastrophically. Development of these weapons continues despite rising worries over their known unreliability.
---

Calla
Go to bed

Calla heads to her quarters and gets to sleep. Weariness locks her onto her bed, and she wakes a few hours later with a bit more energy to be had. Her thoughts are preoccupied with concerns over the new type of Abyssal and the war in general, but then, such matters are only useful to consider.

After a while, she heads for the mess hall. The Brazilians vary in their attitudes to her, and she doesn't see Raul anywhere, but settles down at a near-empty table anyway. The food is surprisingly good, for a military base, and she has a voracious appetite.

Soon enough a soldier in fatigues with a intelligence badge sits down opposite her. Calla recognizes him as Cardozo, the base's third-in-command. He eats for a while in silence, then gets Calla's attention by persistent coughing, though Calla can tell what he wants long before he makes it known.

'Miss, would you mind taking a look at something for me?' he asks. The man pulls out a pair of papers and photos and places on the table. 'We've just received something from an outpost downriver. They found it off the corpses of a team of unknown civilians...'

Calla can see vague images of the Fellowship flash through his mind. Either he suspects or knows something he's not saying. Calla glances at the pictures - the dead people are not familiar to her, but the 'object' bears a startling resemblance to the Atlantean 'Trident of Asphodel' she found on the Fellowship's orders - and used against them - on the day of the Return. She gave it away to the Brazilian military, but this, though not of the same shape - resembling a horn, more like - seems to be of the same design, made of interlocking plates of dark material.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
"Ugh, I hate those fuckers. Let's knock on the front door, shall we?"
Yeeeeeeees...let your hatered of the younger races flow through you, the Creepers from Beyond will feel Gaia's wrath!
Throw a fucking rock through the front door.

Theo is about to reply, but Alex is already moving. He picks up a hefty block of concrete in one hand and [3+1=4] sends it flying with a roar. The door buckles under the impact and slams inward. Alex moves closer and listens for any reaction. At first the only sounds are the creaking of the battered door and Theo's sigh, and the battle raging a few blocks away, but in a moment Alex picks out voices from the background noise. He listens for footsteps and is immediately rewarded, [3] two pairs beginning to approach the doorway. Theo looks wary, probably not hearing anything himself.

[5] Above it all, he half-senses a familiar presence in the back of his mind, irritating, like an itch you can't get rid of. The Fae stirs inside his mind, ever-so-slightly. There's another Shackled - or more than one - in the building.

He hears the two men arrive at the doorway before they come through. Alex stands ready to spring to action, but the pair - dressed in military fatigues like themselves - lower their weapons upon seeing them. One of them mutters something in a walkie-talkie - Alex doesn't quite catch it - and steps forward.

He speaks out in German and Theo is quick to respond in the same. Alex doesn't exactly have mastery of the language, so the best he can deduce is that both of them are speaking with an accent. After a few exchanges, Theo whispers to Alex;

'Their CO is coming down. I think they might just be-'

That's as far as he gets before a third soldier appears in the doorway - glowing with the same, hostile power Alex knows only too well. He's looking at a Star God hybrid. At the same moment, he thinks he sees recognition flash in the other man's eyes. The soldier-hybrid nods to him, almost imperceptibly, and smiles.

[4] Your leg still hurts, but has healed even further.

---
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov
"I have to ask myself if this really happens to be necessary." the man asks, his voice sounding both exasperated and commanding. It is time to both intimidate and tell half-truths. "Unless you are thinking I'm the largest curious civilian ever, with hair painted in a different color and contact lens to boot, you'd be aware my body seems to have undergone some tampering through military programs."

Bluff the man. In case he insists in reaching for the phone, knock him out.

[1] 'Sir, I-' the man mutters. 'I don't... this is beyond my authority, sir. I'll just make that call, sir.'

He reaches for the phone, and [5] Alexei reaches into the guard post and grabs him by the lapels. In barely enough time for a surprised yelp Alexei's slammed him against the guard post. He bounces backwards, staggering, and Alexei [5] finishes the job with a carefully-measured punch. The man topples, and Alexei climbs in - time to work.

Accessing the records seems simple enough. Alexei takes his time to find the approximate time period he needs and starts looking through the feeds. [3] He's not sure what to look for. The trucks arrive, as was promised, and go on their way. The cameras at the end of the bridge show them turning towards the city. The video quality and the camera angle don't allow him to see inside the trucks, however. The records seem to show a variety of people and vehicles entering or exiting or visiting the guard post, including Alexei at the very end. His attack on the guard was caught on video - he could probably delete that, however, if it helped any.

[4] The cameras are not the only recording equipment here, however. Sensors and pressure plates built into the bridge picked up several abnormalities. The weight of the trucks was high, though that in itself says nothing else than that they were carrying something, but there was unusual radiation detected in definitely unusual quantities. Checking the recent records shows that trace amounts remain. He could see the Angel's body causing that, but there's no way to be sure.

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)


Alfonz Wulfric
'Well lets get the show started, come on tin cans I wanna see what you can do.' Alfonz thought as he started to edge forward, he needed to draw them to the clearing and the best way to do that was to hit and run ...

Use 1 life force to boost my speed and leap forward striking at the closest of the tin cans, after the first hit turn and make like hell for the clearing pulling the tin cans in with me.

The Mechanized Walkers burst into full view from the underbrush, and Alfonz springs into movement.

[1] He feels a surging pain as he tries to draw on his powers and lets go, knowing he doesn't have time to waste on gaining proper control. He rushes forward, shouting his defiance with the spear in hand. Daniel moves behind him, seeming to follow. The Walkers halt, almost in unison. The small patches on reinforced glass on them are reflective, giving no hints of its focus, but the lights dancing on their hulls seem to brighten when they spot the Shackled rushing at them. Guns begin to rise towards them, and Alfonz's feet hit the ground and rise again and again, propelling him forward with high speed.

[1] The Walkers are faster [2][1] - but they don't fire. Alfonz isn't about to have mercy on them because of that. He leaps, [2] but the Walker on his side takes a step back - fire erupts from its feet in tiny flames, some kind of emergency booster kicking in - and he tumbles to the ground in front of it, quickly regaining his balance. [1] He risks a glance to his side to see Daniel veer away, running back for the clearing without hitting the thing. Well - it's not like Alfonz said anything about that.

[1] Alfonz doesn't have time to try to attack again. The blocky weapon in the equally box-like arms of the towering Walker [1] falls to point squarely at him, but the pilot seems equally paralyzed by indecision. They stand there for a moment, posthuman and machine, facing eachother. Despite the difference in height, Alfonz does not feel the least bit inferior. Then, turning on his heels, he runs.

[5][3] Daniel gets into the clearing ahead of him. Both Walkers follow Alfonz, the crunch of metal on dirt beginning almost immediately after he breaks into movement.

'Yeah, run, you coward!' comes a garbled voice through one of the Walkers' speakers. 'See, Jackson, already it's Team Rainbow, one, Team Freaks, zero. I like this game!'

'Maintain radio silence, Alamo,' another voice responds from the Walker on the right behind him.

[4] Alfonz reaches the edge of the clearing, the Walkers falling slightly behind avoiding the trees - if he intends give orders or act, now's his moment.

Spoiler: 'Enemies' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Aaron Gray
Attempt to mutate myself to enhance musclepower in my arms and legs, get in range of enemy. Also, attempt to psychicly draw attention to myself.

Aaron doesn't even bother acknowledging the officer. He moves like all hell was after him, rushing out of the door and after Alex. [3] He draws on his powers while on the move, aiming to give himself a vastly increased and more powerful bulk. He allows his Vanguard blood rise through, for the first time in a long, long time. Carapace explodes through his skin, with little pain, and he feels his flesh turn rock-hard throughout. Wanting even more, Aaron dives into the parts of his power he understands little of, attempting to mutate himself rapidly as he goes.

He's still unused to that. He feels pain lance through his arms and becomes aware of them bulking up and turning a deep purple even as his feet bear him out into the open. He feels their weight, dragging down his posture, and feels a dark exhilaration at the power and immense strength he knows is contained within.

[1] He's not more familiar with his offensive psychic powers, either. He attempts to throw a net around the hostiles' minds to draw their attention to him, but nothing seems to happen - except that he gets a massive headache to distract him at the single possible worst moment.

Regardless, Aaron rushes across the square, [4] and does not need his powers to become a target. [Dodges:2,5,6][BP:2] He sees the flash of a rifle a millisecond before the impact, [Damage:3-3-1=0] and feels absolutely nothing - the bullet ricochets, not leaving a mark on his chest. Aaron's mind surges in a tempest of cold hate and determination, willing him to charge forward. He can see several enemy targets in the houses, just a single leap away - and his blood practically screams for him to lay into them.

He spots Alex as she jumps through a storefront to his right, scattering the two raiders inside. Booming laughter erupts from her and Aaron can sense her mind full of glee and bloodlust, immense pleasure flooding into her as she charges her opponents. Aaron can see enemies in atleast two other buildings, but he could just as well join Alex. Standing in the open like this isn't going to lead to anything.

Rain begins to patter softly onto the ground and roofs around them. Stormclouds gather far ahead in the horizon.

Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Alessa T. Tairon
Attend the party. What can go wrong! I'm with Katya!
..Try not to overdo the partying and reveling.

Then report...and keep my best straight face on if I did party too much.


They don't need to enter the mess hall to hear evidence of celebration. Cheering carries over everything, Devdan laughing like a madman. The dark Star God hybrid has seemed reserved in the past, but what Alessa and Katya see when they get to the door is anything but. He crashes down onto a table from what appears to be - for the fleeting second they see it - a throne constructed out of beer cans when they come in. It's telling the metal-supported table seems more harmed by the fall than him.

'Devdan!' Katya shouts, over the revelry. 'You didn't start without us, did you?'

Devdan's eyes focus on the newcomers with some difficulty. He slurs his words when he speaks; 'N-no, Katya, no, we didn't. Well, maybe a bit. Maybe a bit!'

The crowd cheers him. Everyone seems to be in a state of atleast mild inebriation. Alessa spots Anatoli and the other non-Shackled operatives, as well as Cihet - though the silent old man is someone she'd never have thought to drink. She recognizes a fair-haired youth as Viktor, who's only been here for a few days longer than her. He's staring dreamily at his drink, seeming to talk softly to himself. Alessa hopes that's just the drunkenness.

Most of the people here seem to be 'special personnel' or Operatives, not officers or regular soldiers. [2] Alessa doesn't recognize some, though - one weary-looking man doesn't look at all familiar. Before she can look closer, Devdan jumps before them both - Katya has to hold him steady immediately. He begins to drawl happily and guides them in. Drinks are soon deposited in their hands, and Katya embarks on a new mission of total shitfacedness with glee. Alessa isn't quite sure how enthusiastically she should join in.
---
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

---

Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. íNo parmesan!

Rolepgeek

  • Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 7!)
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2013, 02:52:15 pm »

Roleplgeek, you're the best.

My rampant narcissism means I must finally start a sig post for this.
Logged
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 8!)
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

"Well that didn't go nearly as planned, and at least we know they're hesitant to shoot us, like those damn things are gonna kill us or something if we get hit by them or something. Anyway Daniel lets try to draw them in, let Liz and Clay take one of them while me, and you get the other, since you are the stronger of the two of us try and aim for its legs and destroy something so it can't move."

With that Wulfric walks out towards the edge of the trees, making sure to stay behind cover of one of the trees, and yells out,

"Hey you massive fucking tin cans we're over here, and as I see it we're still fine so we're winning. Are you just so fucking inept that you can't even take a pair of, as you put it, freaks with your giant metal boxes."

Divert all my remaining life force into strengthening and imbuing my stick with power.
Lure them further into the trap, when it springs go after one of them with Daniel's help and aim for taking out its legs, slam the stick into it or anything to stop its movement.
Logged

mcclay

  • Bay Watcher
  • Its me, Angerus, from TV
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 8!)
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2013, 12:09:45 pm »

Alex smiles at the men and extends a hand to the Star-God hybrid.
"Hello friend, how goes the battle?"
Make idle chat with the men until their CO gets here.
Logged
I'm back bb.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16