Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll for Brains  (Read 11968 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Roll for Brains
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

It was a normal morning for you, despite news stories about homeless people being killed by a serial killer and bitten. It went downhill from there. The last thing you remember was your screaming as one of the things bit into you. Then, you awoke. you felt, different. You were suddenly nearsighted, your sense of hearing had improved significantly, and you felt two new compulsions, to follow someone, and to eat brains. You stand up slowly, and shamble over to a mirror, and see that you look like a walking corpse. Shambling out of the room, you find yourself in an open area filled with tons of walking dead. Most are like you, but some have black goo on their faces and seem less corpse like, and more deformed. On a podium, 3 corpses have white goo on their faces. One shakes suddenly, before it's eyes blaze orange. It begins to speak in a strange alien tongue that somehow you can understand.

"Welcome to a new age. The age of the humans is over. This planet is part of the great Yafusian Empire! But there is so much to do. Pockets of humanity still survive. Many are attempting to escape into space. They must be stopped, now!"

At these words, you feel electrified, and open your mouth and begin to moan with desire for human brains to eat. Who cares that you are now dead. There's so much to do!

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

I'll take 5 players to start.

Player list:
1. Zombie formerly known as Steve (Toaster)
2. Zombie formerly known as Kyle (kj)
3. Zombie formerly known as Brian (Hapah)
5. Zombie formerly known as Boris (baldman)
Black goo zombie formerly known as Mishka (BFEL)

Waitlist
Zombie formerly known as Cromwell (mastahcheese)
Black goo zombie formerly known as Mark (lalasa)
Zombie formerly known as Marlin Jenkins (Eotyrannus)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:36:13 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for Brains
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:58 am »

Name: Steve Yandor
Nationality: American
How did you die:  Fearful of the news reports, Steve called in sick to work for a week to hide out alone in his house.  However, he went alone to see what that noise in the dark was, and found out it was a zombie.
Age when killed:  29

Derp, quote error
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:16:01 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:28:38 am »

Name:  Kyle Johnson
Nationality:  Irish
How did you die: Was walking down the street and suddenly got bitten.
Age when killed:  14

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:02:36 pm »

Name: Brian Martel
Nationality: American
How did you die: Trapped by zombies while looting
Age when killed: 34
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:07:35 pm »

Name: Wehrner Brauntisch
Nationality: German
How did you die: Turns out a student in his biology class had been bitten. Wehrner Was grabbed and killed mid-lecture
Age when killed: 41
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:40:06 pm »

Name: Boris Yefimov
Nationality: Russian
How did you die: confused zombie with long-time drinking buddy.
Age when killed: 43

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 12:43:55 pm »

Alright, player list is closed, waitlist is now open. Non of you guys became higher up zombies, all of you are normal zombies. i'll get the opening post up soon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:28 pm »

Somewhere in Colorado...

The white goo-covered zombie with orange eyes continues to speak.

"Now, the town of Boulder, Colorado has failed to be infected by our undead hordes. that must be remedied. Go now, to Boulder and leave none alive!"

The zombie horde mills around moaning, looking for the exit. Among them are two recently deceased Americans who in their previous life were Brian and Steve.

An auditorium in Berlin...

Another orange-eyed zombie is speaking.

"Today the world of men will fall. Berlin is ours besides isolated pockets of resistance. They must be wiped out! Find them and crush them!"

Among the moaning crowd of zombies is a deceased teenage Irish tourist and a well-dressed professor zombie.

Moscow, Russia....

A third orange-eyed zombie addresses his mob.

"Dead ones, there is a problem. Vladimir Putin is leading the nation by shooting zombies in the head while shirtless and drunk on vodka. He must be killed. All zombies head towards his last known location."

Among the zombie crowd is one formally named Boris.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:55:22 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »

Green?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »

Why are we listening to this guy? Oh, well I suppose it will be fine to eat brains.
Kyle decides to stumble down the road trying to be quite. He is a zombie now so I don't think he has the ability to be subtle.
I pick purple.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »

The zombie horde mills around moaning, looking for the exit. Among them are two recently deceased Americans who in their previous life where Brain and Steve.

Even in death, zombies still commit Freudian slips.

Steve lets out an involuntary moan.  He felt compelled... compelled to obey.  Boulder, Colorado... he must go.  There will be brains, many brains.

"Braiiiins..."

Head out toward Boulder.  Stay in the shadows, away from open areas.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

(Bagsey the colour grey!)
the "professor zombie" habitually straightens his bow tie before heading out and, once out of sight of the strange ones, stop and wait for some others to find one of these 'pockets of resistance'.
Far safer than stumbling around until he runs into one by accident.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »

"Braiiiiins."

Shuffle towards Boulder. Feast on the Living.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

CRAAAAAAAP.

ah well.
Waitlist me.

Name: Mishka Kornikov
Nationality: BRAINS FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
How did you die: A soldier of MOTHER RUSSIA, Mishka died in an unfortunate latrine cleaning accident
Age when killed: 43

OHGODDAMIT BORIS IS TAKEn.....
Fuck
edited :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:14:17 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 02:46:32 pm »

Somewhere in Colorado
Steve (4)heads towards Boulder immediately, cutting through a shady forest to get there. (5) nothing affects him.

Brian (2) Just stays in the courtyard moaning, while the rest of the crowd (5) shambles or charges (depending on zombie type) towards the city. The orange-eyed one stares at Brian.

"Get moving zombie! There's no brains around here!"

An auditorium in Germany

Kyle attempts to speak! (3-2) All he gets is a strangled moaning sound. He then departs the auditorium. (3) He doesn't know where to go. (5) But the others do, splitting ooff and going three different ways, the other zombies go north, south, and east.

The professor zombie (3) decides to wait outside where Kyle is until another zombie encounters the humans. Wouldn't want to get his hands dirty now would he?

Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9