Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Jungian Typelogic!  (Read 8990 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Jungian Typelogic!
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 05:40:14 pm »

If I'm honest, I think jungian stuff is utter bullshit. Like Mr. Cactaur above said, a lot of it just depends on your state of mind and how you're feeling when you take the test.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2013, 07:11:57 pm »

I prefer to think of these as a trial.  Repeated trials and time will reveal a trend, showing not who you are but how youve changed
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 07:33:31 am »

Jung test is not astrological and telling you "you are this". Anyway, functions (primary, secondary, etc.) linked to these letters will develop with time.  Any test pretending that you are not changing in your entire life is not realistic.

INTP doesn't mean "you are like this for the rest of your life". It means that we will change, but ACCORDING to this "way". It tells you how you will probably react to some events.Read a little more about this, before making judgement, there are lot of things on the internet about MBTI.

You mean it's about difference of state of mind. But dogs are not cats.

If you are like Naxza, Judging 1% or Perceiving 11%, it's very near. It's all about tendencies. Naxza is INF*, meaning that he will experience things related to both INFP and INFJ. He is probably something in between these tests. Remember that the "professional" test is much more long, and that what you find on the Internet is simplificated, which explains a lot of these differences.

I find this quite interesting, even if well...it has its flaws.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:34 am »

INTJ
Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(89%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)
So many INTJs here~
One of the careers recommended was programming. Woo! :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 12:38:54 pm »

Read the ENTP, its so accurate, its scary O_o

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:07 pm »

Interesting. This is the first time a test has gotten me to self-select as an INTP (though, a minor preference towards Thinking), primarily because it's using emotions as an indicator for feeling* and reason for thinking* (it's not necessarily wrong, but it can cause mistypes). However, I know myself well enough and understand Jungian typology to the point where I'm pretty certain I'm actually an INFP.

Fun fact, when I first learned I might be an INFP... my reaction was I've finally found where I belong (I had found solace in being an ugly duckling long before hearing about MBTI/Jung) and finally felt relief for actually being normal (albeit still somewhat messed up compared to most people).

Since I tend to minimize interacting with people and normally I'm doing non-people related things I often appear like a thinker.

* For those that are interested:
- Feeling is along the lines of being able to look at something (e.g. art) and making a decision about it's beauty, worth, sincerity, and more.
- Thinking is along the lines of deciding what something "is", it's composition, it's properties, and more.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2013, 12:52:40 pm »

INTJ
Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(11%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

This seems about right... Also, there seems to be a lot of INTJ here.

EDIT:Or more, there seems to be more with I, N, and J.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2013, 11:34:39 pm »

Remember that the "professional" test is much more long, and that what you find on the Internet is simplified, which explains a lot of these differences.

I do believe the one given to me by a psychologist (or, at least, it was some kind of personality test, it might not have been a Myers-Briggs, but it seemed to be. If anything, it probably could've been used as one.) was 400-500 questions.

Anyways, I have tested INTJ extremely consistently over the many, many times I have had to take these things. And I'm not entirely surprised that a decent chunk of this forum's population is also INTJ or similar.

To quote this specific test for me, at the moment:

INTJ
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:50:03 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]