Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who here loves groan-inducing puns?

I Love them with every fiber of my being!
- 20 (47.6%)
I enjoy them on occasion.
- 10 (23.8%)
I'm rather indifferent to them.
- 3 (7.1%)
I don't like them.
- 2 (4.8%)
They cause me actual physical and mental anguish!
- 7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Terrible Pun Thread  (Read 6590 times)

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
Re: The Terrible Pun Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »

As long as we leaf the tree puns alone, we'll all be vine.

EDIT: I loaf puns.

It might also be gneiss if we kept away from the rock and mineral puns, it's often taken for granite how quickly they can slide out of a control, and before too long you're in deep schist and everything has gone to halite

Ore I might just be making a mountain out of a molehill, some of them can be pretty gold, but leads be honest, they do tend to aggregate a situation and before too long someone is making a sphene

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 03:46:21 pm »

It might also be gneiss if we kept away from the rock and mineral puns, it's often taken for granite how quickly they can slade out of a control, and before too long you're in deep schist and everything has gone to halite

Ore I might just be making a mountain out of a molehill, some of them can be pretty gold, but leads be honest, they do tend to aggregate a situation and before too long someone is making a sphene
FTFY

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 11:18:30 pm »

As long as we leaf the tree puns alone, we'll all be vine.

EDIT: I loaf puns.

It might also be gneiss if we kept away from the rock and mineral puns, it's often taken for granite how quickly they can slide out of a control, and before too long you're in deep schist and everything has gone to halite

We've taken care of the organic and inorganic solids, but what of liquids? I fail to see a very fluid or dynamic conversation occurring with such puns. It's hard to magma day with such things. Water you to do with them? Oil tell you, just stay away from liquid puns.

However, I'll happily aqueous to focus on the last, and worst, class of pun.

Gaseous puns are the worst. They are best left alone, air you anger even the most ardent lovers of bad puns. Most would diatomic at the mention of them. The most noble gases that teach puns avoid them; all the available ones evaporate quickly, leaving less water to hold your routine. Don't let these puns involving the states of matter, especially gases, cloud your judgement.

I hope I've made my overarching triple-point clear: no states of matter puns.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.
Pages: 1 [2]