Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Roguelike Blues [AD&D]  (Read 10214 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Blues [AD&D]
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2013, 03:05:06 am »

And neither am I, it would appear. Can't have that can we?
Love, scriver~

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:31 am »

I'd like to contest the distribution, in that I'm apparently not involved at all.
And neither am I, it would appear.

Votes were listed for people who voted. The only people who voted were the people who were present. You were not deliberately omitted...you're simply not listed because you haven't submitted a vote.

And, I note, still have not submitted a vote or suggested an alternative. The whole point of asking if we have votes for other distributions was to get input from the people who weren't present. It's not helpful to respond to us asking for input by pointing out that you haven't given any input.

If you have input...speak.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:40 am »

Should Probably clear the air on who our characters were as well!
I am Aulus, the Mage/Cleric
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2013, 09:22:28 am »

I'd like to contest the distribution, in that I'm apparently not involved at all.
And neither am I, it would appear.

Votes were listed for people who voted. The only people who voted were the people who were present. You were not deliberately omitted...you're simply not listed because you haven't submitted a vote.

And, I note, still have not submitted a vote or suggested an alternative. The whole point of asking if we have votes for other distributions was to get input from the people who weren't present. It's not helpful to respond to us asking for input by pointing out that you haven't given any input.

If you have input...speak.

The wording of the previous post was very confusing, indicating an even distribution for those members on the list, rather than a list over those who had voted for even distribution for everyone.  It was not readily apparent that the spoils would be shared equally among all members, including non-voters.

I personally have no issue with an equal division amongst all members.  I do have an issue with having a democratic hoodwinking where the currently-online members held a majority vote to exclude those not present for the voting.  That's really all that I wanted to have cleared up.

And I'm a multiclass fighter/assassin with a permanent Animal Friendship effect, so you'd better not get on my bad side!

Yasied here, perhaps better known as "Badgerman".

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »

I'm the gnomic illusionist/thief Oblio. My sheep is Sheep.

As for the voting, I'm for equal division as long as I get at least a half share. (minus, of course, my medical expenses) As for James' bonus, why weren't my sheep and the mule used as pack animals?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2013, 03:10:57 pm »

I'm the gnomic illusionist/thief Oblio. My sheep is Sheep.

As for the voting, I'm for equal division as long as I get at least a half share. (minus, of course, my medical expenses) As for James' bonus, why weren't my sheep and the mule used as pack animals?

Well for one SHEEP.
As for the mule part....we didn't know that existed apparently.

Indeed, I do this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

Must be an invisimule.  He did mention it had noble heritage...  Maybe an invisible mare?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2013, 03:51:45 pm »

Well, we kind of forgot. But yes, there was a mule belonging to scriver's character. I could take a smaller share since I already grabbed the elven chain and that'd probably leave more gold for both the money-grabbing dwarf and the half-dead gnome we hid inside the pile of coins. Nathanael the Human Fighter here, by the way.

Following my character's "take what I kill" motto, I could take at least one or both of the drow's very fancy maces (I was considering a warhammer for my next proficiency but a mace works) and then give up on getting any share of the coins whatsoever. If I kept only one of the maces, I'd be partial to having the remaining one go to badgerman, who caused a fair bit of damage to the drow himself.

On that note, was the drow's extremely fancy pendant-thing included in the assorted jewelry? I recall our only female party member (the half-elven fighter, magic-user and cleric multiclass) picked it up.

Using 20sp=1gp and 2ep=1gp from the 1st Ed.Handbook:
2000sp=100gp
3000ep=1500gp
Jewelryx9=900gp
Total: 2500gp

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2013, 04:39:28 pm »

I neither use a mace nor have any plans of putting specialty points into using them, so it'd primarily just be for the sake of pawning the thing for some cash.  And if that's the case, I'd just as soon give it to someone in the group for a cut of their gold than parley with a merchant.

Also, anyone else think this was a hysterically large haul considering how easy-ish it was to get to it?  I now suspect everything even more than I previously did...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

I did not include characters I did not know of the existence of in the loot list. Because they were not there, except the gnome, who I included, and since we needed to care for him and drag him back (and we did not know about his mule, which is undoubtedly tied to a post outside the brigand lair slowly starving to death) I will take his share.

Of the cash, general majority support seems to be an even share for each of the following:

Girl Elf (Aduial votes Aye on distribution)
Less girl Elf (Aulus votes Aye)
Human Not-quite-elf ((Nathan votes ???))
Gnome
Yasied BADGERMAN
James of Donal (James votes Aye)
Scriver apparently even though that's not a character???

With the note that since the Gnome was unconscious and Jame's allowed the group to carry significantly more treasure home, he should get the Gnome's share.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:17:55 pm by GlyphGryph »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 08:27:04 pm »

A note: I am not requiring people who are on at the same time, to work in the same party.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:08 am »

Don't be a smart-arse, Glyph - we allready have one in the party and her name is Rocinante. My character is Thibauld Beadocaf - I know you'be seen it since the name was in the user list of the IRC for the whole time). Anyway, I can accept being without loot or XP and will give up any claims (though not willingly as Donkeyknight is the one most in need of it, having 2500 xp to to before I even reach level one) because of how I stopped responding basically just after we entered the caves and this was because I went into lurked mode and not because I had any irl stuff that needed doing. But Ensorceler - do not accept being conned out of your part just because you had to go offline. Remember, no loot means no xp either. You were present for as long as you could, you should have your share too.

Oh, and GlyphGryph. Kagus did not vote for you getting Ensorceler's share - he voted for an equal share among everyone. I'm pretty sure that's how the viewpoint of most the players as well. You can't just come in after several hours of play and several players have already had to leave and act as if those players were never there. If anything, it should be the dwarf who gets less, being present for neither the small battle against 70 bandits (which was won solely because of the gnome) or the fight against the drow.

My vote goes to an equal share among everyone except Beadocaf, and the dwarf not getting anybody else's share.
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2013, 09:19:06 am »

Hmm....I didn't know that about the gnome.

Changing my vote to fully equal shares for everyone who did anything.

Indeed, I do this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

The gnome did help in our fight against the enormous mob of brigands in the open field - in fact, he is very likely to have been crucial to our victory - and he was there for the fight against the drow guy. The dwarf is getting a part exactly because he helped us with fending off the brigands inside the tunnels (though most of the work was done by the half-elves in that department) and carrying loot with his ox, though that could also have been done by the mule.

As for me, I'm keeping the loot I got from the drow fop and calling it a day. Being a single-classed Fighter means I need less exp to level up anyway. You can edit and repost the following quote and then show your proposed version of how to share our gains.

Quote from: Theoretical distribution (2500gp):
Aduial: 4gp from the first combat; 500gp from the treasure's share, necklace pilfered from drow fop;
Aulus: 500gp from the treasure's share;
Nathanael: 17.5gp from corpses, loot from bandit leader and drow fop - well-kept longsword, large shield, chain mail, elven mail, two fancy-looking maces, one crossbow (?);
Oblio: 18gp from the first combat; 500gp from the treasure's share;
Yasied: Not sure about loot from the first combat; 500gp from the treasure's share;
James: 500gp from the treasure's share;
Beadocaf: Not sure about loot from the first combat; Not claiming a share of treasure.

Also, to anyone interested: both guards we killed outside the lair were wearing Banded Armor (35 lbs, 90ft max movement rate, -6 AC mod., 90gp store price) and had weapons. We killed a lot of brigands inside the cave and they also had equipment. If there are any items amidst my loot I end up not using myself (most likely the chain mail and large shield), I'd like if my noble Cavalier friend could help me sell those in exchange for most of the earnings.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2013, 12:40:52 pm »

I purposefully kept my hand out of the loot from the first combat, for the sake of not making more of a squabble over crow-pickings.

Also, if all those getting 500 instead took 450, then we could at the very least give 250 to the obsessively brave cavalier, if only to help him reach level 1 all the quicker.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9