Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sockpile woes  (Read 634 times)

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
sockpile woes
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:25:22 am »

I have been redesigning my fort slowly and just hit an impasse trying to make new stockpiles.

I wanted to make a number of armor stockpiles for various items. Helms, breastplates, and other armors work just fine but when I try to make a dedicated sock stockpile or a leather hood stockpile I run into problems. They simply won't haul to the stockpile. Only a finished goods stockpile works and that includes many items I do not want.

Example: I make a custom stockpile with armor -> head -> hoods, other materials -> leather, core/total quality - all but artifact, useable/unusable selected.

Do they haul to this stockpile? Heck no, hoods are finished goods despite being listed in the armors category. Same for socks, trousers, mittens, and others. There are no other stockpiles to hold these items, I've deleted them all and spent hours mass dumping full bins and reclaiming the bins only. This leaves me with a great deal of item spam that I'd like to clean up. Any suggestions how to separate my items instead of lumping them into general finished goods categories?

Damn dwarves, go to your fort and pick up your socks!

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: sockpile woes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:47 am »

Finished good stockpile are for clothings, armor stockpiles are for hard armor. The clothing stuff in armor stockpile categories is probably because they're wearable, even if not technically armor that can be stockpiled.

So yeah, unfortunately we're stuck using finished good general category like head, leg, armor ( for torso wears ) and such, instead of being able to do it more narrowly in the armor stockpiles.

Just checked, nobody'll take leather gloves to armor stockpile set to take gloves from the finished good stockpile set to accept handwears of all quality and materials.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sockpile woes
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:51 am »

I guess my only option is to quantum stockpile. Little dump next to the exit and dump the whole stockpile there and let them grab more stuff for the open spaces. At least without the bins mixed with everything under the sun I can send it off to the trade depot to be traded away.

Bleh. :(