Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 29425 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2013, 01:27:17 pm »

Alrighty then.  Incumbent has stepped down.  I'm still offering to host this thing over at Luckiest Tourist Ever.  People with little knowledge of Masterwork can just use the basic workshops during their turn without ever having to worry about the others in the mod.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2013, 01:37:50 pm »

Alrighty then.  Incumbent has stepped down.  I'm still offering to host this thing over at Luckiest Tourist Ever.  People with little knowledge of Masterwork can just use the basic workshops during their turn without ever having to worry about the others in the mod.
Is it possible to just do as I was doing here? Smithing stuff?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2013, 03:00:57 pm »

I had thought this dead.
Are we going to actualy play our individual dorfs with save sharing as one guy suggested, this idea is way too tedious and Im out if this be the case.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »

I suggest that we keep with what I think was the original idea. One person runs the fortress, everyone gives what they want their character to do at the beginning, and whenever something major happens this person would ask for everyone's input. Also, they would post descriptions, either as a character or otherwise, of what was happening, and the community can say what they want to happen next.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2013, 05:53:59 pm »

I suggest that we keep with what I think was the original idea. One person runs the fortress, everyone gives what they want their character to do at the beginning, and whenever something major happens this person would ask for everyone's input. Also, they would post descriptions, either as a character or otherwise, of what was happening, and the community can say what they want to happen next.
I agree with this... I would do it, but I got a community fort on my hands already...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »

I might be able to do it if nobody else is, but I'm neither good at DF nor good at narration. Though I'm working to improve on both.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2013, 09:37:28 pm »

I agreed with 4maskwolf I don't have time to do the whole individual saves thing way too tedious and I'm too busy for that I agree with going with the original idea
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2013, 12:49:21 am »

Yes - you can certainly do the smithing stuff like you were doing here, highmax.  I'm proposing to host the fortress over at my Luckiest Tourist EVER game world, using the original idea, where I dorf you guys, you guys say what you want to do, and I do that for a season before making the season's end report and implement any further suggestions you guys post while I've done that.

Before any of that can happen, though, I'll need four possible embark sites chosen on the island, so I can stick them up in the poll to be voted in or not.  I get that some of you are really leery of Masterwork mod for some reason, so I'm working on stitching together a world-map of the entire island using screencaptures from the Isoworld utility.  As soon as I'm finished with that, I'll post a link to the image and you guys can just look at it and decide where you want the embarks to be that way too.

Nobody has posted over in that game forum yet, so I haven't started it up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:54:41 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2013, 11:58:45 am »

Yes - you can certainly do the smithing stuff like you were doing here, highmax.  I'm proposing to host the fortress over at my Luckiest Tourist EVER game world, using the original idea, where I dorf you guys, you guys say what you want to do, and I do that for a season before making the season's end report and implement any further suggestions you guys post while I've done that.

Before any of that can happen, though, I'll need four possible embark sites chosen on the island, so I can stick them up in the poll to be voted in or not.  I get that some of you are really leery of Masterwork mod for some reason, so I'm working on stitching together a world-map of the entire island using screencaptures from the Isoworld utility.  As soon as I'm finished with that, I'll post a link to the image and you guys can just look at it and decide where you want the embarks to be that way too.

Nobody has posted over in that game forum yet, so I haven't started it up.

DO IT!!!!! *screams as its over*

Send a link, might as well

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »

The link's in my sig!

Down there!
       II
       II
      \II/
       \/

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]