Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wealth thresholds?  (Read 1232 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wealth thresholds?
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:05:13 am »

I'm wondering if anyone knows the exact amount of wealth you need for specific events to occur? Basically I'm trying to keep my wealth as low as possible until my defenses are ready for the hordes of ambushes and sieges that will inevitably arrive. The wiki says wealth influences these events but doesn't give exact numbers.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Wealth thresholds?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:55 am »

I think it depends on the evilness of your world as well as your proximity to it.
Higher evil + close to evil = lower wealth for an ambush.
I think.
Black lives matter.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Wealth thresholds?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:59:37 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Entity_token

PROGRESS_TRIGGER helps with figuring it out, it's basically whichever get hit first. Check it with goblin entity, I don't recall which one it uses, except that 80 population's the trigger for their sieges. Ambushes happens regardless of population I thinks, but have similar wealth influence as sieges. Kobolds have to steal at least a few times before they sends ambushes, I don't know how those are influenced.

Wealth production ( exports mostly I think ) does influence how sieges comes, distance's a factor in how long and how frequently it happens. Killing a lot of leaders and civ leader makes them more heistant to come. Though that's just from observation, not truly objective measure.