Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 43708 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:42 am »

That's right, we're giving interstellar colonization another go. Beginning new lives on the newest frontier of civilization. Boldly going where countless others have gone before and then either died or made it big, kind of like a lottery, a big lottery where the amount of winners is decided by the amount of players that don't get killed by the others, or space flu. but hardly anyone ever dies of space flu.
Honest.

You are 10 minutes away from your destination, a large moon in orbit around a gas giant, which is in turn orbiting around a larger gas giant, it's actually pretty insane. From the looks of it the entire moon is covered in forests and lakes, somehow only consisting of a single biome, which is completely normal out here in space.

But wait.
Who are you?

Well more specifically:
>What is your name?
>What is your profession?
>What is your Favorite colour?
>How populated is this planet? Are you the only for miles or are there mega-corporations pushing everyone around?
>What is your gender? Is that even relevant? Do you find this very question offensive?
>Does this gritty in-your-face style of narration annoy you, punk??

Yeah why not give this another go. I toyed with letting you choose the type of planet you are settling on but then I forgot about that and drew a landscape, now I love it to much to let it go so your guys are paying the price.

If you want to be a 'scientist' please make it more specific. If you don't you are going to be the best damn expert in art science the universe has ever seen.

If you want you can specify some sort of logo/motif type thing that you want plastered all over everything you own, but it's fine if you don't specify one, i'll come up with something suitable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:33:01 am by Evil Lincoln »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: Yet again
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:03:01 am »

Name: ROD TOURMALINE
Profession: MANLY MINER
Color: RED
Populated: YEAH I GUESS
Offensive: I CAN TAKE YA

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

>What is your name? Leia Grem
>What is your profession? Cowgirl, okay, farmer, but cowgirl sound better and I got this nice hat.
>What is your Favorite colour? White
>How populated is this planet? Helloooo? Seem quiet.
>What is your gender? Is that even relevant? Do you find this very question offensive? Female
>Does this gritty in-your-face style of narration annoy you, punk?? To be honest, I forget myself, so do you feel lucky, punk?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:04 am »

PTW for now. Really don't know what to suggest right now...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20:20 am »

Don't care for the rest, but...

>How populated is this planet? Are you the only for miles or are there mega-corporations pushing everyone around?
Very sparse.  There's a small settlement of mostly explorers, prospectors, and scientists, but barely anyone past that.  The world is open for the taking.  One might even say its remoteness promotes opportunities for the singular person.
>What is your gender? Is that even relevant? Do you find this very question offensive?
Male, no, no.  (Mostly for the last two.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

Ok, I like the idea of a cowgirl and a scarcely pupolated planet...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »

My votes.

>What is your Favorite colour? I vote red or black of some shade.
>How populated is this planet? Are you the only for miles or are there mega-corporations pushing everyone around? We are alone, as part of a new colonization effort. Human civilization is lightyears away. It's pretty much just us.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »

Hey! some other folks might make this a little more interesting...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 12:08:00 pm »

I mean us by our small colony, not us as in one person. That wouldn't really make sense, anyhow.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »

I mean us by our small colony, not us as in one person. That wouldn't really make sense, anyhow.
I'm OK with that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 12:10:13 pm »

> Name: Whatever
> Profession: Unicorp Mineral Profit Manager
> Color: Octarine, the color of magic
> Planet population: Noone of importance of the surface. Unicorp mining operations may result in damage to the local biosphere, hence why they choose this planet

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 05:53:35 pm »

>What is your name? Hank Rearden
>What is your profession? Former CEO of Mega Corporation Rearden Arms, now CEO of...well eh yourself
>What is your Favorite colour? Green
>How populated is this planet? While there are already some well established Colonies most of the Planet is still scarcely populated
>What is your gender? Is that even relevant? Do you find this very question offensive? Male, No , Yes
>Does this gritty in-your-face style of narration annoy you, punk?? Make my Day Bub

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »

>What is your profession? Former CEO of Mega Corporation Rearden Arms, now CEO of...well eh yourself
>How populated is this planet? While there are already some well established Colonies most of the Planet is still scarcely populated
>What is your gender? Is that even relevant? Do you find this very question offensive? Male, No , Yes
>Does this gritty in-your-face style of narration annoy you, punk?? Make my Day Bub
+1
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »

+1
+2
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »

pts - glad this is back
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35