Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll to Gods: Sign-ups, OOC discussions etc.  (Read 6641 times)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
Roll to Gods: Sign-ups, OOC discussions etc.
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:20 am »

Since 'Roll to Forge the World' is not very demanding at the moment ;) , I decided I might as well run a similar game myself.

We will start off with an empty water-covered planet, a dead moon and an ever-vigilant sun.  I will describe everything as well as I can and elaborate as needed.  And, in the beginning at least, give some objectives; just to get things up and running.
I will attempt to maintain a rate of one turn per day, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are difficult. I am at GMT+2 and intend to update in the evenings.  We'll see how that works out.

Current prototype rules are as follows:

1. An action is specified in bold orange.
2. Try to be creative and descriptive.  You can summarize your action at the end of the post if you like.
3. If you post more than one action in the same turn, the last posted one overrides the others. (Only if this would make sense)
4. An action always involves a region.
5. A deity normally gets one action per turn.
6. An action may not affect something created during that same turn.
7. A deity may use their action for a 'direct assist'.  They roll a die and the assisted one's roll is moved one step closer to that roll, unless it was a 1/6, which modifies it -1/+1.
8. The actions will be performed in an order of my choosing; usually in backwards posted order.
9. Speaking is free and thus not an action, and only deities may post in the game thread.
10. All deities are kind-of omniscient, so even if they are colluding in private, the others must at least know that something is up.  Please include me in such PM collusions, so that I can include them in my GM planning.

Rules about faith points will be decided later.

For each action, I will roll a six-sided die:

[1] I get to corrupt your action in accordance with certain secret rules.
[2] You succeed, but I add an exploitable flaw.
[3] You succeed, but not as well as you hoped.
[4] You succeed.
[5] You succeed in an extra good way.
[6] You overdo it.  Extra consequences ensue.

As you can see, even though you usually succeed, the odds are stacked against you.  This should keep things interesting.  8)

To sign up, kindly use the following template:

Name: What your hypothetical worshipers would call you.  Name, honorifics and titles etc.
Description: How 'mortals' tend to picture you.
Personality: Gods tend to have extreme personalities and strange goals. Describe yours here.
Spheres: Maximum of three spheres of influence.

EDIT 1: Rule adjustments
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:20:58 am by DreamThorn »
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gods: Sign-ups, OOC discussions etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:43:18 am »

Name: The Herald.
Description: Unknown. The Herald frequently shapeshifts, with almost no resemblance to their previous forms. There is only a few shared characteristics, listed in order of how often they appear. The Herald will always irradiate a vague aura of unease, but it often can't be traced to them. The Herald often takes the form of normal bystanders: they will not stand out in any way. The Herald sometimes will take the form of a wounded child if the situation could benefit from it. The Herald will occasionally take the form of a masked/hooded person whose face is not visible. Other then this, it's appearance changes depending on the situation.
Personality: The Herald is a normal god in most respects. However, it has a limited ability to shift between alternate realities, gained through unknown means. It frequently makes deals with other, larger gods that govern multiple universes to "prep" universes for conquering/destruction/eating. Apart from this, little is known: it does seem to occasionally have a personal agenda, albeit a very short-term and lackadaisical one.
Spheres: Entropy, mercenaries, and the end of the world.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:39:44 am by Fniff »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:43:56 am »

Making character

Done
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:49:05 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 03:45:03 am »

Name: The Dark Lord Nerjin

Description: A gargantuan skeleton with dull glowing red eyes.

Personality: A lover of life he works to maintain it even if he needs to corrupt it in the process. He firmly believes that the death of previous generations paints the pathway to a stronger future generation.

Spheres: Death, Destruction, and Rebirth
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:30:01 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:48:40 am »

Name: Argentia
Description: A silver haired anthropomorphic female wolf, with a silver halo. Her face is generally seen as kind and her eyes glow white.
Personality: Overprotective of worshipers and still protective of non, she wishes to make the world teem with varieties of sentient life, she also enjoys the moonlight and prefers nighttime activities to daytime. She tends to get on well with others provided that they do not attempt to ruin her work, and is among the first to agree to working with other gods should she agree with the ends
Spheres: Moon, Predators, Protection
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:02:42 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 04:22:22 am »

Name: Eskcanta

Description: A small imp, complete with wings, horns, and tail; with a well proportioned body but a hideously ugly face.  Known to commonly polymorph into a wide variety of other forms.

Personality: Those under-informed might refer to Eskcanta as a goddess of fortune.

This is a very active god, with an extremely varied nature and range of interests.  She is almost always friendly and interactive towards someone - but that someone could be another god, a group of followers, an individual who has never before heard of her, or even an insect.

The length of her attention and depth of involvement varies greatly, but while someone has her focus, her entire personality, preferences, and dislikes tends to shift to match or complement her chosen partner's.  Once that attention shifts, she is likely to ignore the previous partner.

Otherwise and in general, she is easily fascinated, captivated, and generally changeable, though her attention can be rather hard to keep even if it can be easy to get.

Spheres: Chance, Chaos, and Camaraderie
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23:01 am »

Name: The Shifter.
Description: Countless "bones" made of an invulnerable, shining metal, shifting endlessly in a variety of forms, surrounding a cold, icy blue flame. When it needs to take on a more definitive shape, for any reason, it will typically be a large quadruped, the blue flame encased in a metal "cage" where the head is.
Personality: The Shifter is typically cold and uncaring for life itself, but prides creation, and metalworking or forging above all. Those who invent or build will gain its' favor. However, it is unlikely to pay any attention to these individuals to a great extent, unless they do something truly worthy of notice. Whenever the Shifter's power manifests itself in the world, it is almost always as uncontrollable as a raging firestorm, the blue flames spreading outwards with a distinct purpose, to carry the will of the Shifter into existence.
Spheres: Fire, Metal, and Forging/Creation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:49:28 pm by HFS »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 05:35:18 am »

Name: The Consequence
Description: The Consequence is fairly simple in terms of appearance, he prefers to appear in the form of a seemingly normal mortal, and tends towards less then grandiose appearances and personalities, unless truly angered.
Personality: The Consequence is, put simply, the reaction to imbalances in the universe. When one of the creations of one of the more stuck up gods gets out of hand, he appears to destroy it. The Consequence usually operates through intermediaries, cause-effect catastrophes and other indirect means, though once again, if truly angered by something he will not hesitate to fully manifest himself. Due to his Modus Operandi, it is often difficult to say if The Consequence had anything to do with a situation, or if it was random chance.
Spheres: Destruction, Mystery, Probability
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 05:41:27 am »

I imagine the Herald and the Consequence will be good friends... or bitter enemies.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 05:44:50 am »

Name: Acheron
Description: A tall, imperious, regal elf with green eyes, excessively long ears, a far-too wide mouth and sharp teeth.
Personality: Acheron loves little more than to see others growing stronger from conflict and want. He likes to see things grow, but not undeservedly. He adores those who rightfully succeed, even, indeed sometimes especially, when it's against him or his wishes. He enjoys giving gifts and presenting challenges; but of course, a true gift must be earned, not simply received, so the two tend to be rather synonymous.
Spheres: Magic, Ambition, Knowledge
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:40 am »

I imagine the Herald and the Consequence will be good friends... or bitter enemies.

I'm gonna go with the second one.

Indeed, I do this.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 05:47:23 am »

Name: Gorgamast The Unending
Description: Towering skeleton with a grandfatherly grin on his face. Appears generally inviting.
Personality: Loving, Protective, but with a pessimistic streak. (Will write more later.)
Spheres: Death, Family, Love

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:46 am »

Especially since the Consequence's top priority would be to go after the Herald, since the latter isn't meant to be here at all.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 06:03:02 am »

Especially since the Consequence's top priority would be to go after the Herald, since the latter isn't meant to be here at all.
He's probably gonna get pissed at you, yeah.

Indeed, I do this.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 06:06:44 am »

Since I don't know how much of my time this will take, I think I'll start off with only the first eight players:

The Consequence
The Herald
Gorgamast
Acheron
The Shifter
Eskcanta (How do you pronounce that? Esk-santa?)
Nerjin
Argentia

I will now start writing up the OP for the main thread.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9