Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Gods: Turn 4: End of an era  (Read 4274 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gods: Main thread
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 01:09:47 am »

Acheron coughed.

"Well, that-! These things happen, you know?" he said, wearing a reassuring smile.

"Say, speaking of which, is anybody, ah, claiming any of those? I'm not especially interested myself, but it might be nice to not step on each others' toes while we're at it, mm?

...actually, that northmost continent is kind of nice, and since the shattered husk of my old creation is sitting atop it, I thought it might be a nice place to start. Still, I've not lost my love of storm-tossed seas, nor was I especially involved in its creation, so I'm not exactly married to the place."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 01:24:04 am »

The Shifter located five mountains, arranged in a star formation in the sea, rather large and close together.

These five mountains will be mine for now. Nerjin, can your creatures survive the radiation?

Pulling one of the many bones from Its' body, the Shifter set to work. It took the metal to the Sun, and there It worked. Infusing it with both Its' power and the fiery power of the star, the metal began glowing. The silvery color of the metal shifted to a bright white.

It then pulled a small amount of rock from the moon once more, and infused it with the metal, creating a new ore. Placing it at the heart of the radioactive mountains It created, the ore would dampen the effects of the plutonium, acting as an inhibitor for the mountain. While it certainly didn't eliminate the radiation by any stretch, it reduced it by a noticeable degree. The metal, when mortals would test its' strength, was considerably stronger than steel, holding an edge incredibly well, one nearly as sharp as an obsidian blade, but had a density near that of tungsten. It titled the metal
Celestial Iron and the ore Celestial Ore. Of course, in order to use it, mortals must first reach the ore, deep within the radioactive mountains.

Create Celestial Ore and place it within every radioactive mountain. A reasonable amount can be found. The ore and metal act as nuclear inhibitors, reducing the radioactivity of the mountains somewhat. When refined, Celestial Iron is around three times stronger than steel, and holds an edge comparable to an obsidian blade, but for far longer, and has a density similar to tunsgten. As the ore is at the heart of highly radioactive mountains, it will take some time for life to reach it.

It left the five mountains unnamed, for now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:26:19 am by HFS »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 01:32:58 am »

We need to do something about that radiation Create Autotrophic Procaryotes that can withstand and even utilize the radiation
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 01:33:48 am »

"Radiation? Hm... They should be able to survive. As it stands however I have a few more pressing matters to attend. But perhaps these radioactive elements... I'll see what I can do unless someone else has a plan."

Try to create bacteria upon the moon that will slowly cool the molten rock. At the same time try to evolve some of the earth bacteria to the point where they can slowly [and I mean SLOWLY] clean up this radiation.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 01:43:06 am »

The radiation is caused by large quantities of plutonium. The majority of it should decay in time. However, I wish to keep some around. Keep your radiation-cleaning bacteria away from my five islands.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:19 am »

This was going rather nicely, Holden thought. And it even had the rather nifty side effect of protecting the planet somehow. He guesses that's okay, even if not his goal at all.

Shape and transmute a segment of the surface (such as a floating island) of the moon into photoelectric cells, causing it to generate electrical power when exposed to the sun
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:03:32 am by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 06:41:39 am »

The Consequence is distracted from the invader by the massive failure of the other gods, having a hearty laugh at the improbability of such great beings experiencing these problems so soon.
He decides that for now he should focus his attentions toward the others and their planet, as they could obviously use the help of his calculations to ensure such disasters do not continue.

Help the other gods with their works by providing calculations of probabilities.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 06:42:55 am »

"I don't need your help. Thank you though. Granted I don't see how probabilities would be useful to start with really."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 07:00:59 am »

Your calculations are likely unnecessary. I sense that the probability of a similar "failure," relative to the action, is approximately seventeen percent. However, it is always wise to have a contingency plan ready. Let us see your data.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 07:06:11 am »

Always good to have a second opinion! What do you know?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:50 am »

Such a strict set of rules, thought the Herald, these gods must have.

Worlds got by without life. Some managed to make themselves notable, others didn't. Why was life such a focus here? And why were they so eager to rush the process of it? The radiation-soaked sky was not a drawback. They just needed to have patience. Life could arrive, even in these situations. And even without it, one could improvise. But he doubted that life would not arrive. They would try again and again, and eventually they'd get it right. And when they did, the Herald needed a bargaining point. Besides, he needed a project... they may not know he was there (Apart from that one, whose interest had slipped from him. Not that it mattered: the Herald was evasive when it needed to be) but the sleeper knew he was. So if he needed to dance like the others, so be it.

Within the darkness, something reached out.

Somewhere within the bones of the earth, there is energy. It is warm and begins to expand out in lines. These are called leylines, and any land that's directly above them is often effected in bizarre, random ways. Whether or not these effects help the planet or make it even worse is up to the roll of the dice.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 01:26:13 pm »

Eskcanta, still focused upon her delight of and sense of fellowship with Argentia, nods as Argentia speaks of the need to do something about the radiation.  Not truly aware that the lack of uniformity that the oceans now have was not quite how Argentia intended them to be, she considers the radiation and its many various sources, and agrees that the radiation too could be more varied.

She is not especially aware of the Consequence's offer of aid, but certainly does not reject that act of Camaraderie.

Enhance the radiation, causing it to become more variable.  Able to jump distances, leaving some things untouched.  Able to hit softer, as well as hard hard hard as it normally would, whenever it strikes matter.  Making it able to circle, glide, and flow, waterlike, instead of the straight-pathed hard rapid flight with which the energy and incredibly small particles have always followed before.  Not truly sentient, nor yet quite alive.  But unpredictable and less unforgiving, on each quantum level.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

"I know that you need to place your creation three feet to the left, else a meteor will wipe it out in ten years."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »

"I know that you need to place your creation three feet to the left, else a meteor will wipe it out in ten years."
Why thank you!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 10:43:32 pm »

"Well, I think I'll see what can be done with the pole, then."

Acheron began warping one of the regions at the northern pole, rendering it softly snowy, fertile for anything that could weather the cold, and prone to occasional bouts of crystal clarity.

Modify A2 to be snowy, but occasionally clear up completely, and to be fairly fertile despite being cold.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:01:07 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4