Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: AvP the RTD: Rieker's Island  (Read 12304 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AvP the RTD: Rieker's Island
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:42 am »

Alex thought about that last detail for a bit. Something came out of the scout? How did it get in there. If this was true, and something is capable of hiding within a human, that WOULD explain the quarantine. A drunk person probably isn't the best source of information though, so it would be best to keep looking for more information. Maybe more information can be pried from others if I ask about anything found or around the northern edge of the island.

Using the knowledge that something suspicious may have been found on the north end of the island, try and obtain more info/authenticity that something suspicious was actually found
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:48:22 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2014, 03:23:15 am »

Fang silently observed troubled animal. It was strong and graceful creature, excelled at the art of hunting, shown by the corpse behind it. Fiery golden eyes relentlessly searched for the signs of movement. Long tail - scrawny compared to that of xenomorphs - swished from side to side.
The determination to protect its game was obvious and reminded xenomorph a little about her own siblings. They, too, feverishly defended hosts that they managed to capture. Probably it would be for the
best to just leave it without approaching. Nothing to do here, right?
Sudden rush of hormones caught her off guard. Sub-consciousness, as always, decided on situation instead of its host:
"Predator. Competitive species. Destroy it before it multiplies."
"Oh, thank you very much, damned instincts.", - thought Fang as she felt her spine straightening and a low growl forming in the throat.

Action: distract panther with unfamiliar roar and, silently moving to it's side, attack.
If it ignores deception - walk straight into the clearing. Whenever it engages in combat or tries to retreat - battle it, using long tail and acid blood for advantage.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2014, 03:40:30 am »

Time to go to the surface!

Go to the nearest exit and search around. Try to stay hidden and don't engage. If attacked, bait them into the caves and kill them from the dark.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2014, 05:59:37 am »

take their skins and meat
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »

((Then where are the pirates who captured me or whatever it was that happened?
And tell that to the dodo, the Galapagos Tortoise, the moa, and pretty much every indigenous species of the islands various groups of people visited and devastated over the millenia.))

1. You are currently in the larger of the two taverns in the main (Read: Only large) settlement on Rieker's Island. It is located on the southern end of the island in a cove. It has a large port facility, and a small fort up on one arm of the cove. The island itself is somewhat teardrop shaped, with the port in the very bottom. I'll draw a map in a minute.
2. You are with a huge, mixed group of island inhabitants. The pirates that rescued you were surprisingly humanitarian, and brought you here, but they subsequently wandered off and you haven't seen them in awhile.
3. There was only about twenty pirates on the boat, and they didn't seem too inclined on extracting a bounty from you. You think they are still on the island somewhere, so you could go ask them if you like.

4. Yes.
5. Now you know, right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:24 pm »

((...Okay. That answers my questions of "where are they" and "why did I think they were in the same place as me," I guess. I still say that I could have just shipwrecked on this island.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »

I have the next update halfway done, but I'm just too sick and exhausted at this moment to finish it. I'll have it up by 4pm GMT-6 tomorrow.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]