Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 125008 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Rearranged for in case nobody else wants to go. Channeling is pool, right?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2013, 04:07:53 pm »

If I'm the one that counts, shove 2 into Strength and 2 into Speed. I'm going to be playing a little less magical, though I'll definitely use it.

Name: Tsuchi
Appearence: I only need a fundoshi.

Strength: 4

Endurance: 0

Speed: 3

Dexterity: 0

Awareness: 1

Potency: 2

Will: 0

Channeling: AUTO5
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:18:45 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »

Let me rephrase that. This has the potential to become unwieldy when some players are in combat and others are doing non-combat stuff. Note also that "unwieldy" does not mean "complex."
How so? Keep in mind this isn't being designed around forum usage exclusively, so in person this would go much faster.
Ah.

In person, yeah this would work pretty well. Over forums...well, how would you run it? Would each reaction need to be in its own turn? ould you need to run combat between turns? Really, essentially the only problem is it exacerbates the problems of combining combat and non-combat turns in the same unit of time/forum stuff.

Whoo! That worked better than I thought it would!

Spoiler: Mouse Man! (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #468 on: December 06, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

A default response of DOOOOOOOOODGE might speed things along in some cases.
Problem with that is that if it's a default, then how do I work that? Do I just make them react immediately with a dodge to save time and then retcon it if they don't want to dodge? Auto reactions kinda undermine the ability to counterspell and such.

Although, what I could do is roll agility before any actions are posted and then the one who wins can post his action, and the one who loses can post his reaction and then the action he would take if successful. Then the first guy reacts.

That would shrink it to two replies, rather then three

Let me rephrase that. This has the potential to become unwieldy when some players are in combat and others are doing non-combat stuff. Note also that "unwieldy" does not mean "complex."
How so? Keep in mind this isn't being designed around forum usage exclusively, so in person this would go much faster.
Ah.

In person, yeah this would work pretty well. Over forums...well, how would you run it? Would each reaction need to be in its own turn? ould you need to run combat between turns? Really, essentially the only problem is it exacerbates the problems of combining combat and non-combat turns in the same unit of time/forum stuff.

Whoo! That worked better than I thought it would!

Spoiler: Mouse Man! (click to show/hide)
Thats part of what we're figuring out now. Really, over forums we'd probably just run it the old way. This new way is more aiming for a more dynamic way that could be used by people in person or even over the internet using IMing.

Which I suppose we could do here...

Anyways, so we'll do GWG vs Tsuchi, assuming he redoes his sheet in a reasonable time period. If not, Elephant gets another chance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 06, 2013, 04:44:03 pm »

A default response of DOOOOOOOOODGE might speed things along in some cases.
Problem with that is that if it's a default, then how do I work that? Do I just make them react immediately with a dodge to save time and then retcon it if they don't want to dodge? Auto reactions kinda undermine the ability to counterspell and such.

Although, what I could do is roll agility before any actions are posted and then the one who wins can post his action, and the one who loses can post his reaction and then the action he would take if successful. Then the first guy reacts.

That would shrink it to two replies, rather then three

I suppose in terms of forum or anything of a similar pace, doing autododge when the reacting person fails to reply in a reasonable timeframe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:28 pm »

Anyways, so we'll do GWG vs Tsuchi, assuming he redoes his sheet in a reasonable time period. If not, Elephant gets another chance.

I edited the last post I made to move points about.

Scattershot Thermate, then Leather Fire Whip. Imagine the whip crackling with fire whenever it cracks, or just flaming at the tip.

Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »

"Dust Erupt-From-Ground!" Point at and focus on Tsuchi, backing up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #472 on: December 06, 2013, 11:07:49 pm »

Tsuch:5+1
GwG:4+1

Tsuchi pot:6
tsuchi dex:4-1
tsuchi pot:2

Tsuchi fires a massive scatter shot blast of unignited Thermate in the vague direction of GWG and then utterly fails to summon a flame whip.

"Dust Erupt-From-Ground!" Point at and focus on Tsuchi, backing up.
QUICK, do a reaction and I'll have this go after that!

Try not to die from being hit by red powder.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 06, 2013, 11:29:36 pm »

Leap to the side!
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:46 am »

To the side...of the shotgun blast?

[dex:3+1]
You dodge to the side of...most of the wall of random shot, getting hit by a few of the nonthreatening masses of red powder.

You roll back to your feet, slightly dirty, and use your words.

[pot:4+1]

GWG points at the ground beneath Tsuchi's feet and it begins to distend, glowing as something rises up from it like a geyser. 

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 07, 2013, 10:30:29 am »

Jump upwards, attempting to ride the dust plume without being hit by the full impact of it.

((Hopefully, creative dodging works.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 07, 2013, 10:49:18 am »

Shotguns don't really have all that much spread. Besides, there's always a side...and what other options do I have? If falling to the ground works, the spread is small enough that leaping to the side works.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 07, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Shotguns don't really have all that much spread. Besides, there's always a side...and what other options do I have? If falling to the ground works, the spread is small enough that leaping to the side works.

Though really, it depends on the shell rather than the actual shotgun. From what I remember, stuff like ratshot has a lot of spread (relatively, I'm saying, you aren't talking vidya game spreading here) while buckshot has a lot less and slugs shouldn't deviate any more than a rifle would at the range it's used at.

However, since I used "scattershot", it would make more sense to imagine a rat-shot (dove-shot?) shell exploding open from my finger rather than my finger launching the shell itself, so, a really, really short barrel shotgun (i.e., a fuckton more spread.) I should have remembered earlier in the post that barrel length is also a big way to determine spread.

What I'm getting at, in a tl;dr, is that while shotguns don't spread that much, I can see it spreading due to word interpretation. If I used an actual shotgun, it should have missed, with magic scattershot, it's likely a lot more spread out.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 07, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

Oh, also, changing action because dust isn't dust, it's murdust!

Jump, and after/while jumping, shout "Force Blast-Wall Shockwave Aura" in an attempt to launch myself upwards on the resulting downward blast. ((I'm imagining using a wide-angle force wave, creating a shockwave that launches me upward, while the aura keeps the dust off/down.))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 07, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »

Oh, also, changing action because dust isn't dust, it's murdust!

Jump, and after/while jumping, shout "Force Blast-Wall Shockwave Aura" in an attempt to launch myself upwards on the resulting downward blast. ((I'm imagining using a wide-angle force wave, creating a shockwave that launches me upward, while the aura keeps the dust off/down.))
A.K.A. FUS RO DAH!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65