Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 125735 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:07 am »

Alright, good ideas all. Now, what about complex elements? Like clockwork, cyber punk, eldrich, etc. Elements that have complex ideas behind them rather then just a single substance.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2013, 10:52:34 am »

Steam punk.

Diesal punk.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PunkPunk  <- A list of punks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2013, 10:54:50 am »

A "fuse with X" word would be bice for cyborging. "(Gold) (Gun) (Fuse with) (Left Arm)" would make a golden gun fuse with your left arm, for instance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2013, 01:36:45 pm »

That desconstructive dust word was interesting, so building off of that-

Another Light/Dark, but having physical form? So if I said (Physical Light)(Sword), I'd get a lightsaber (likely without a safe handle), and darkness would be the same way, but creepier. Like a tentacle whip.

Solid Tech, which I'm not sure what to call- the kind of sci-fi floating screen created out of nothing that just hovers around. (Solid Tech)(Sword) would create a screen and a sword with the same hologram-like appearance, the screen allows control of the sword but the sword can only go a certain distance.

(Solid Tech)(Shield) could be something like a hologram-shield that can be picked up and moved that hovers on it's own, or a single screen that when tapped creates a dome around the player using it.

Solid tech shatters like glass, but glows and is super thin for it's strength.

Alien Tech- Not really "alien", but it's another tech that does the unexplainable. Since you're tossing around MAGIC its not a shock.

Say, I spawn three (Alien Tech)(Sword).

The first has a blade that's extremely good at cutting because it vibrates. One's blade can be commanded to get longer or shorter, but you can't figure out where all the blade comes from. One acts more like a whip, but is sharp like a sword- a bendy sword.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »

If you go with an extraplanar (Zentol/Other), you can mix it up with different ones with different traits/tendencies but the same basic principles.  I've done that a bit with Pit.  (No detail because it's still a mystery)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2013, 03:05:03 pm »

Trying to think of a way to make interm stat points more interesting.

How does having, say starting from 3, a stat of 4 giving a 1/3 chance of +2, and 5 giving a 2/3 chance of +2 sound?

It does clash with the overdrive thing I came up with for toaster...
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:07 pm »

I am interested in this and would buy it if it published.
That said, does Hate exist in the Perplexicon yet, and by consequence Love, Sadness, Joy, etc?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:19 pm »

Trying to think of a way to make interm stat points more interesting.

How does having, say starting from 3, a stat of 4 giving a 1/3 chance of +2, and 5 giving a 2/3 chance of +2 sound?

It does clash with the overdrive thing I came up with for toaster...
Focusing would increase your points by 3 on that stat, so if you had a 2, you would have +1 and 2/3 chance of +2.
Avoiding would do the same, i guess.

I think a 1 to a stats should never give buff, just doesnt give debuff either.

I am interested in this and would buy it if it published.
That said, does Hate exist in the Perplexicon yet, and by consequence Love, Sadness, Joy, etc?
Perhaps those spells could affect the stats of a person towards other person?
For example, if you made an person love you, that person would have a debuff to strenght as long as he fights you.
If you made a person hate you, he would get a boost to strenght but less to dexterity (Hate makes him forget that he has to avoid)
Sadness... Well... Decreases speed?
Joy: Increases stats?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:14:20 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2013, 03:18:05 pm »

Too complicated.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »

Too complicated.
Well, then answer Piecewise question: What should a sword made out of love do?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2013, 03:50:01 pm »

What about Ethereal?

Like, ghostly swords. You swing it and it goes "OOOOOOOOOOH IMAGHOST."
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »

Dissipate.

Also we already have intangible.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2013, 04:03:35 pm »

There was an word for Necromantic effect.
I think that it should be a will based attack.

Worst case possible: Heart of affected stops. Death.
Best case possible: Your enemy scares youself and you punch him to death while he cries because of ghosts.
Middle cases: Extreme fear that stuns you making you unable to accomplish actions and giving severe debuff, nothing at all, just a small debuff, etc.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2013, 04:15:31 pm »

Possibly a different kind of sentiniece, where a roll affects what mood they're in, or something? Or maybe just include it as a table, so that if you spawn three metal swords capable of speech, they'll all act differently. One might be chivalrous, while one is a snark machine, and one is a raving, blood-thirsty lunatic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »

Have separate words for animate, sentient, and sapient?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65