Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 125759 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi
« Reply #915 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:49 am »

That was a hilarious turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #916 on: January 14, 2014, 01:23:49 pm »

Toast speed:4
Tsuchi speed:3

Oh man, failure ahoy.  Maybe if I had done the math right on that one.

51,14 thinking of Tsuchi.  If this fails, raygun him.

Quote from: Status

4/6 pool

Gear:
Armor Vest
Targeting Helmet
Googie Ray Gun

Effects:
Lava Orbiting orbs [10]

EDIT- I also must have misread what Empower does.
2+2
Rolled:3
A burst of electricity sizzles into being directly in front of you, a crackling wall of purplish electricity arcing between points of empty air. Then it vanishes.

(Remember, one action per turn unless it's a compound action, like before.)

6,29 why not
2+3
rolled:7

Seven small orbs of pure electricity appear and hover above your head.

ONE POOL BACK

ACT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 14, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »

Raygun him, damn it!

3/6 pool

Gear:
Armor Vest
Targeting Helmet
Googie Ray Gun

Effects:
Lava Orbiting orbs [10]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 15, 2014, 06:24:03 pm »

Hopefully, that's the words I was looking for. If so, SEND THE ELECTRIC VENGEANCE! If not, watch them float.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #919 on: January 16, 2014, 08:54:23 pm »

Raygun him, damn it!

3/6 pool

Gear:
Armor Vest
Targeting Helmet
Googie Ray Gun

Effects:
Lava Orbiting orbs [10]
Hopefully, that's the words I was looking for. If so, SEND THE ELECTRIC VENGEANCE! If not, watch them float.
[toast speed:2]
[Tsuchi:1]
[toast dex:-1! CRITICAL FAILURE!]
[End:1]
PFFT
Toaster holds his raygun up, aims carefully and fires. Unfortunately the strange shape of the gun seems to have confused him, because he's holding it backwards. He puts a laser blast straight through his own chest, blowing a burst of boiling red blood and sparkling green plasma out through his right shoulder blade. His metal armor does little to stop the shot, though it at least stops him from putting it straight through his heart.  He gurgles out a  blood choked gasp and falls to his knees, rapidly bleeding to death.

[Dex:T5R2]
The spray of electric orbs, which you decided to fire all at once rather then one at a time, manages to strike everything except the critically injured toaster.

I like how this battle is resolving itself in such a way that you are both basically the source of your own injuries. Tsuchi's own bomb injured him and Toaster just capped himself. Ah, dramatic irony.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:12 pm »

Mumble to the guy who just shot himself, as the guy who spawned a massive powder keg and took a smoke break next to it.
"Mage college, man. "It'll be fun", they said. "It'll be useful!" they said. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em so much."

((I'm assuming those are the ones I have left, I know I've got a copy of each of these words left though, so if I'm an idiot, idiot-proof my post please.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 17, 2014, 12:05:50 am »

Uh.

I don't think I have a way out of that one, but I'll have to double check the list.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:36 am »

"Big Cloth", then bandage yourself?

Or maybe make a nail out of something, inscribe that word into it, and turn your body into that material?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 17, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »

The catch is the limited word bank, which I didn't exactly set up with this in mind.  But it's worth a shot!  The other option is just to try to CFl3 him.

Hmm.. I could just use my gun, but it might turn me into a Raygun Gothic human with a hole in his chest.

9,31.  Carve 10 on it and stuff it in the gaping chest wound, hoping to turn myself into the 9/10 element.  Failing that, 47/48/49,60 looking at Tsuchi.  Whichever of the 4X ones I haven't used.

This might have Side Effects and Consequences.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #924 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

Toaster speed:3
Tsuchi speed:0 CRITICAL DERP

Tsuchi forgets how to move for this turn! OH DEAR

The catch is the limited word bank, which I didn't exactly set up with this in mind.  But it's worth a shot!  The other option is just to try to CFl3 him.

Hmm.. I could just use my gun, but it might turn me into a Raygun Gothic human with a hole in his chest.

9,31.  Carve 10 on it and stuff it in the gaping chest wound, hoping to turn myself into the 9/10 element.  Failing that, 47/48/49,60 looking at Tsuchi.  Whichever of the 4X ones I haven't used.

This might have Side Effects and Consequences.
Hmm.

3+1

Rolled:8
You summon a rare earth shield!

You crawl over to it and scratch "Rare earth magnet" into it.  Before jamming the edge of it into your chest wound.

T3R6

Toaster's body, from the neck down, transforms from flesh into rare earth magnet! YAY! He's No longer bleeding! YAY!, If he takes that shield away from his wound he'll change back!

Not yay.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 17, 2014, 03:11:52 pm »

Better than dead!

Hmm, indeed.  I'm guessing all my gear is stuck to me now.

47/48/49,60 looking at Tsuchi.  Whichever of the 4X ones I haven't used.  Failing that, just go give him a hug and let my orbiting orbs finish him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #926 on: January 18, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »

TSUCHI!

ACT!

CAT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 18, 2014, 02:12:30 pm »

Pet the cat! PET THE CAT!
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 18, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »

Yeah, summon Explosive Steel Cats- they'll fly at me and explode!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:52 pm »

10,8,30. , like I tried before failing to move.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65