Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entering the Ocean  (Read 873 times)

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
Entering the Ocean
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:15:36 pm »

I can seem to enter any oceans. I have tried using skill sets from Novice Swimmer to Grand Master Swimmer. Nothing has worked. Any help? I made a world where all of the main Races are on one small island, and then there are tons of other things outside of this small island.  From what has been revealed on the map, there are several towers outside of this one island. The island is pretty cool, but there is a whole other world out there.  Any help?

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Entering the Ocean
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:09 pm »

How are you attempting to get into the ocean? Are you using alt+movement keys? That will open up the careful movement options, which should let you proceed down into water

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »

I tried that. It works in other Worlds, but not this one :o It's also not a OS bug, because I tried it on windows and it didn't work there either. Do you think it could be a world with a generated bug? o_o

zimluura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:25 am »

Are you trying to enter the ocean from the fast-travel map?
If so: It doesn't let you swim from there, you have to press > to go into the normal 1:1 scale map and swim from there.  This could take a loooooong time, and swimming can be very dangerous.  The worst is when the water freezes around you and insta-kills you.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 07:12:14 pm »

And that you can't sleep and so if you take long enough that'll kill you too!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

branmuffincat

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me im a dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »

becoming a vampire will negate all them nasty effects no sleep no drowing you can even become a human/dwarf/elf submarine and explore the ocean depths