Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to sort through treasure?  (Read 516 times)

Fubini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to sort through treasure?
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:21:56 pm »

Is there an easy way to go through huge piles of treasure? I'm in a dungeon under a town, and there is *one* container made of steel, which makes me really want to search the whole thing. Problem is, there are at least six large rooms completely full of treasure.

The majority are stacks and stacks of copper/iron armor. Is there a way to filter look results to only show items of a certain material or a certain quality?

Sorry if this is a common topic, but I didn't find any good search terms.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
Re: How to sort through treasure?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:21:00 pm »

I think (from memory) that you can 'l'ook at a container which will show all of its contents on the look screen. Not exactly filtering through but you can see more items at once, which makes it slightly easier to find things.

Otherwise there might be some kind of obscure mod or maybe a DFhack function that does this kind of thing, I wouldn't know.

Fubini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

Looking does help a bit, but there are at least 200 stacks of equipment here, many with multiple bags (and you can only 'l'ook in one bag at a time).

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:44 pm »

Yeah, patience or restraint is going to be your best friend here. Generally I don't bother looting from large piles once I have a reasonable weapon and some alright armor. The only time I really bother to search through large piles is when I want to find a pickaxe in a warehouse because those things are the shit.