Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened  (Read 73834 times)

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2014, 10:54:00 pm »

Yay, FC's not dead!
I am mostly curious as to the number of dwarves that got to meet Magma in the dumpshoot.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2014, 10:38:33 pm »

Nope, FC isn't dead.  As a matter of fact, the next installment has arrived!

http://youtu.be/53p990FXlTs

Another brawl in the trader corridor, this time with an undead siege.  I really need to close that thing up.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2014, 12:24:53 am »

how many years have you been going with this place so far? and what is your avg FPS?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2014, 08:16:43 pm »

41 years, and Varies between 40 and 25.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:51 pm »

41 years.

How.......

I stand in awe of your perseverance.

I'm actually wondering if the challenge might end soon. You have a Duchess. You could become the Mountainhome very soon if you dump enough prepared meals on the next caravan.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 10, 2014, 01:26:32 am »

Next time the Liason shows up for a meeting I'm pretty sure the king's coming shortly after.  I've donated so much crap to the caravans I'm relatively sure I've blown past the donation requirements and have plenty of value in the fort.  There's a population requirement too, I believe, but I should reach that soon.

So, yeah, the challenge may be done soon, but I have to retake the surface or get lucky with a liason.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

So I have been watching FurnaceClans and enjoying it, so thanks for doing it. I just wanted to point out that your Furnace Clans playlist does not include part 26, and after watching it I really don't see a reason to not have it in there.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

So I have been watching FurnaceClans and enjoying it, so thanks for doing it. I just wanted to point out that your Furnace Clans playlist does not include part 26, and after watching it I really don't see a reason to not have it in there.

I have absolutely no idea why it got dumped from the playlist.  I'd have sworn I stuck it in there.  Thanks for the catch!  Glad you've enjoyed the series so far, too. :)

I've fixed the oversight.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2014, 02:55:26 pm »

Written update for the moment:

FC continues to truck on, ignoring amushes, undead, and similar concerns.  Worst case scenario we seal up the OMG's front door until things settle down.  The undead in the hole are being annoying for trying to run my ice wall along the south, as expected, and we're dumping a lot of bolts into their mostly dead bodies.  Free practice!  We're going to seal them in Cask of Amontillado style and call it good.  I'm hoping we can seal them up before they become indestructible.  Occasional clouds of dust throw us off, too.

I've sealed off the trader access completely.  One giant wall, have a nice day.  Good luck on the surface.  60+ undead up there and they just won't path into the OMG en masse.  They trickle in, one at a time, about a week or two between each one.

Lots of 'where'd the rock nuts go?!' spam as I screw around with making oil.  I built a small dual minecart run between the crafting level and the tree farm to speed up gathering (about 5 fold, I'd say) which will take about 30 seconds to show you guys.

I threw a few dogs into the Live fire Pit for now.  They'll eventually die of old age and then I'll have what I need from that.  They're females, so they will probably birth some extras to play with.

I'm trying to get the new metal workers up to snuff so we're churning our steel back and forth again, with the occasional masterwork actually appearing.  A few more kids have grown up and have been dumped into the military. 

On a more Benny Hill style note, I released 20 War Dogs to be put into their cages at once, so right now half my fort is running everywhere trying to track them down and drag them back to their cage.  It's kind of cute.   8)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 15, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Unless you need someone to pull a lever.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2014, 10:11:43 am »

Glad to see this is still on :)

A couple of thoughts about the ice wall:
Won't the ice on the map edge mean that that's now the new map edge, and something will spawn ON the wall soon?
And wont this make it really hard to get the traders in?

Maybe if you move the depot to a suspended platform level with the ice wall, the caravan can spawn there, up in the air?
Although I cant think of any way to allow merchants to spawn somewhere without enemies being able to spawn there as well..
or is the ice wall top somehow immune to spawns because it's not the original map edge?

Also you seem to have buckets everywhere on the wall, I'm guessing someone gets distracted for some reason, puts the bucket down, and you now have a bucket with a lump of ice in it, that isn't useful, but can't be used because it's not empty. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:14:08 am by enizer »

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2014, 10:42:33 am »

A couple of thoughts about the ice wall:
Won't the ice on the map edge mean that that's now the new map edge, and something will spawn ON the wall soon?
And wont this make it really hard to get the traders in?

or is the ice wall top somehow immune to spawns because it's not the original map edge?
Nope, Z=0 always means Z=0.  No matter what you do to the edge, so it's immune.

And that'll depend on how I set it up.

Although I cant think of any way to allow merchants to spawn somewhere without enemies being able to spawn there as well..
True enough.

Also you seem to have buckets everywhere on the wall, I'm guessing someone gets distracted for some reason, puts the bucket down, and you now have a bucket with a lump of ice in it, that isn't useful, but can't be used because it's not empty. :)

Worst case scenario is dry buckets, but haven't resorted to that yet.  The ice falls out of the buckets.  I go into it in more detail next episode.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2014, 10:20:19 am »

yeah, I recently started using DFhack drybuckets regularly, when I counted no less then 16 buckets of water scattered around, in year two, of a rather modest fort.
And I had NOT had a lot of injuries, I just mindlessly ordered more buckets every time I saw a "no dry bucket" job cancellation, and then eventually started wondering where the hell all the buckets were going.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2014, 04:02:01 am »

For the curious, some personal delays occurred, but FC33 is currently encoding.  It'll run overnight, I'll start the upload in the morning, and hopefully will release for tomorrow afternoon before I head out for the night with friends.

I intend to complete the series before I switch over to v 0.40.xx, for those who had some form of concern about that.   :)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32