Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened  (Read 73261 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened
« Reply #450 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:14 am »

As requested, a new release with the material I had (cut down, of course).  Nothing particularly fascinating in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6BCktIdi0&index=42&list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg

DiacetylMorphine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 09, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »

I guess it's time to build a magma canon !

i come up with an idea about it once that i was never able to test since i lack the knowledge for building it and never bother to try :p

here is the thing : there is a bug in 34.11 that let liquid flow through bridges (if mark for disasemble then cancel). Using this kind of bridges as the battlefield would alow you to dispose easely of the magma. You could even refil the canon with it's own munutions.

well i guess you already think about it, i just wanted to point it  ;)

ps: please forgive my english, it's late ^^

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »

Hey, always nice to see this still alive :)
One thing I think of immediately, I would be VERY tempted to build a ballista at the end of the corridor, to just shoot anything trying to break the hatch.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »

So, my apologies.

It's been a while since I was playing this series after I got absorbed by KSP, but FurnaceClans is BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5TFrY4TXo&list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg&index=43

This is just a state of the fortress, and yes, the sound is BAD.  I'm sorry.  I've got a new mic rig coming this week, I hope, that should help a lot.

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2015, 10:26:49 am »

hey wanderingkid. I just wanted to know I've been following the series here for a while and appreciate you taking the time to share your stoay with us.

I enjoy seeing how other people design fortresses. Especially the things like automatic magma transporting minecarts. I am lucky to get a few quantum one stop stockpiles set up with them. I keep meaning to try to take the next step and actually have track to push it from one room to the next. And maybe up a level.  But then I just don't..

I saw your other series of videos, but I have no idea what that game is.
an''t catch me!

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2015, 10:20:09 am »

As much as I love the single pick challenge, it's starting to look like it's dying of success.
You seem to have hit the point where all the risks have been countered, and that's pretty much where playing it stops being all that fun.

Dwarf fortress is funny at that.. losing is fun.
the opposite is also true, winning, pretty much isn't all that fun, because that way nothing really happens..

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2015, 02:53:13 pm »

Sad, but true.  I'm trying to speed things along, which is why the episodes are taking longer.  Because, well, bluntly, the majority of this is boring and simply is time consuming.

Once that !@#!@!!! king shows up and my blundering drunkards stop drowning in the ale or something, it's going to be spire tap time. :)

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2015, 09:07:25 pm »

hah, yep, I'm very much looking forward to that one :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

I'm patiently waiting for the grand opening of HFS. 

DFWanderingKid was doing the ice bucket challenge way before it was a fad; surface ice wall using water buckets that is.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 02, 2015, 12:41:44 am »

Forgot to post a note, whoops!

New episode up at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5QnFoVj6uU&index=45&list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg

Mostly me beating the SMR into submission... oh, and a rogue FB.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2015, 12:55:47 pm »

2 kids fail at life training by learning to hover where there's no food and water, and the OMG finally gets cleared out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14-xjHnnDg&index=46&list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2015, 02:10:52 pm »

Remember the adamantium tube must be 2x2 to release demons, so you can safely dig all candy away at Z-level 6.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 26, 2015, 08:52:07 pm »

Hey, I'm glad to see this is back on, It's one of my favorite DF lets plays :)

A few thougths I had while watching this episode:
First off, open space, looks like obsidian formed below, couldn't form a floor above, due to being blocked by a construction
Removing the construction, then, does NOT add the missing floor.
Have seen this happen a few times, still preferable to the rarer opposite problem of a floor in the air with nothing under it.
That has happened twice for me, and was pretty much a ticking timebomb on a cave-in,
a bird sits on it, suddenly the rock floor realizes that gravity is a thing, and BOOM :)

Damn the OMG left a LOT of goblinite.
I'm left wondering though, what you can possibly do with the 2200 tin in the asset list.. did you have a slight cassiterite oversupply issue? :)
Looks like you have an opportunity to play minesweeper with the spire, it's quite possible to calculate where the hole could be.
.. how much deeper can you go though? I'm not aware of any way to deal with SMR

Also seeing as you have 5/7 magma and not 7/7 in that pocket, It's technically an option to just let it leak out, and dry up, I would say it's clearly not a real flow, or it would have been up to 7/7 a long time ago.(dont hold me to that though, I dont usually dig anywhere near the SMR)
That's not quite safe though..
Would a bucket brigade solidify that? I'm not sure, I havent tried bucket brigades much on magma :)

Hate item not reachable spam, can be VERY time consuming to figure out what item, and where.
if it persists long enough, i can usually spot it by finding out who it is, playing step by step, and seeing the job spawn, then it links to the item in question.
that can easily take over an hour though, does anyone have an easier way?

Looking forward to see how this ends :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:54:05 pm by enizer »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32