Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened  (Read 73272 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Single Pick Challenge - Reawakened
« Reply #465 on: June 27, 2015, 04:17:31 pm »

Thanks, always nice to hear. :)

I agree with how the missing floors came to be.  It's just insanely...weird.  And breaks a bunch of crap, which is annoying.

And, yes.  That IS a ton of goblinite.  Keep in mind only the iron survives in the magma.  Bronze/Copper/etc. can only be collected from the OMG mine-cart run itself.  And there's still plenty of it.  There's... well... not much I can do with all that tin.  Currently I'm using it to build up blacksmithing with doors and stuff, but... um... yeaaaaahhhh...  And I thought the cassiterite was copper at first, brain fart.  We dug a bunch.

You CAN go through SMR, but it costs 1 dwarf / level.  I'm pretty confident as to exactly where the spire is, and my next episode will have me prepping for that eventually.

You're right about the 5/7 pocket.  I was just being overly anal about doing it without mistakes.  Drunken Dwarves are painful to keep straight.  Just had a broken spine from a minecart that got let go while being guided.

I've tried to figure out the item, but honestly, there's just too much constantly going on.  Unless and until Toady or someone with DFHack puts together something to let us go directly to these items, I give up unless it's obvious (wheelbarrow between burrows is a usual culprit).

2 real years later in August, the endgame is definitely coming. Almost there. :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2015, 09:00:45 am »

I'm looking forward to the HFS.

You got me wondering if the HFS paths into the OMG, or if that's even feasable FPS-wise at this point.

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2015, 12:21:30 pm »

I've been rewatching the playlist and I wanted to thank you again for posting it.  Very entertaining.  A couple of thoughts I've had:

1)  It might be worth it to put a 1 square retractable bridge over the entrance ramp to the OMG.  That way any migrants or nobility can be forced to bypass the OMG and go in through the wagon entrance.

2)  While you have the surface completely walled off, you may want to consider upgrading from the snow road.  You mentioned in one video that there is platinum on the map.  A platinum road leading into the fortress sounds like it would be a road fit for a king...

3)  Would it be worth it to carve out fortifications on the left side of the OMG for your archers to help out when a troll siege comes in?  Or could that become a security issue?

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing Furnaceclans become the mountain home!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:07 pm »

The FPS will drop like a brick when I release the Circus, but that's to be expected.  Forrest has volunteered to run for us.

The problem with the 1 square bridge to the omg is the same problem as any of my other levers.  They're dwarf powered and thus subject to the whims of drunken beards.  There's a 'main cutoff' for the OMG and migrant entry that's a bridge that I put up while servicing the OMG in prior times.

Finding Platinum is different from knowing it's there.  I've already got severe frame rate issues and I don't want to start strip mining levels to find the platinum.

It might be worth it.  So would magma cart shotguns.  I still need to get those working. :)

New episode is up, guys, and we go and open up Cavern 1.  Sorry for the delay, life is... life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_MIfnjtRc&list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg&index=47

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 23, 2015, 06:49:36 am »

Remind me what OMG stands for? I'm sure I used to know...
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:28 am »

O-something? Minecart Grinder

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 23, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »

I was pretty sure the "M" was "Magma" (...I mean, what else would it be?), wasn't sure on the O and the G
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2016, 03:04:31 pm »

Necro resurrection of this thread simply for those who were following it.  I'm starting up the DFHowTo series and I'm looking for help in content review.  Full post here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160937.0

If anyone's interested, please check that out.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]