Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Update - V.3f - SCIENCE, Bugfixes and an introduction of new workshop ideas.  (Read 9899 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mortimer1066: So it crashes all the time with add-spatter, but works without it? If this is correct, could you send me a save that crashes?

Rickroll: Yes, will be optional once I can alter the GUI.

AstralDusk: Its not NET-framework related. Try deleting the Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\add-spatter.plug.dll file and run it again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile

What about caps?
Why did you choose to turn the caps into armor, robbing poor regular bolds of headwear, instead of just making helmets native to kobolds?
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

AstralDusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mortimer1066: So it crashes all the time with add-spatter, but works without it? If this is correct, could you send me a save that crashes?

Rickroll: Yes, will be optional once I can alter the GUI.

AstralDusk: Its not NET-framework related. Try deleting the Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\add-spatter.plug.dll file and run it again.

Deleted the .dll, successfully loaded gamesave on the first try. This is exciting, thanks!

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fired up 3f just to see the world though dfhack reveal and I really like the tile changes you did to the masterwork font. Not sure how many changed but the dirt and fire clay look good and the candy especially is much cleaner, more noteworthy. Maybe only change I would ask for is a darker base color to Obsidian, it's far too similar to rubble imo.

Plan on using this tile set from now on.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although I don't know what that plugin does, if you find a save with a reproducible crash I can see if there's anything obviously wrong.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Someone better post after me to remind me to download this after I get back from the doctors. >:C
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Astraldusk, it would be very, very helpful if you could upload the save you had that crashed when add-spatter is on. I would like to send it to falconne and ag, so they can have a look at the script.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok just getting a chance to start a new fort, ran prospect all.  Didn't you say you removed Kimberlite? so far it's looking pretty much like an ideal location for me, sand AND fire clay. I usually get by without clay, though sand is a MUST HAVE for me, so this looks like it'll be good.  Drow and goblin neighbours so I should get a nice tame/non-tame giant drowspider pair for a silk farm.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like the dwarf powered siege turrets idea but not sure arbalest is a good name for the beast that the turret is. 8) Would like to see a javelin shooting version of the arbalest as well.

Does that workshop actually use the skill of the siege operator or is this another one of those 'shove a hauler in' deals?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Skill doesnt matter for the reaction in the end, but I want to make them better/worse depending on the type of ammo you put into it. Take boulders, get a bad trebuchet. Take oil, and it shoots flaming ammo. Take blackpowder, and it shoots exploding ammo. And so on. Acid or warpstone filled pots are an idea as well. Same for the arbalest.

Is Arbalest Battery a good name?

Mortimer1066

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, I could send you a save, I am not sure how is the best way to get it to you though.

Also i am about 95% certain that it is not a corrupted save issue but something hardware related.  So my save will work on your pc and your saves would crash on mine, I have tried too many different worlds (even one with every MW feature disabled) for it not to work.

I have had 2 worlds not crash one in 3e a few weeks ago and one in 3f just a bit ago but when I exited and tried again they crashed every time I tried.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Arbalest Battery a good name?
Im not no way an english tutor, but battery seems to be implying that there is more than one device there. Sort of a artilerry "team" equvalent.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mortimer: Ok then. No worries.

Z100000000m:
Battery may refer to:
Artillery battery, an organized group of artillery pieces; also gun battery with similar groupings on warships
Thats from wikipedia. The Arbalest building I made shows 6 crossbows and the dwarf shoots volleys of bolts. So it does somehow fit? (I am still unsure about the word, because I have to think of electricity when I see it ^^)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I also did 3 features:

New Feature: Custom Announcements
 - Many parts of the mod now give an announcement to the player.
 - Forging a two-handed weapon, platearmor or sets of items, unpacking crates, expeditions, mages, guilds, and many more.
 - Announcements are in the line of "A dwarf has joined a guild" or "A golem has been created".

Workshop Overhaul: Inventors Workbench
 - Invented items keep the material of the metal used, instead of being blank.
 - The spring-steel precision tool is now preserved 90% of the time instead of 50%.
 - Making a copy preserves the original. This way artefacts dont get destroyed, and the original does not change materials like before.
 - All weapons can now be copied using either metal or gems.
 - All armors can now be copied using either metal or leathers.

Workshop Overhaul:Toxicologist
 - Three new poisons: Liquid Sun, Glumprong Resin, Feather Resin.
 - Make sun berry poison (hurts cavern creatures) => Made from sun berries, a good plant.
 - Make glumprong resin poison (hurts good creatures) => Made from a glumprong log, an evil tree.
 - Make feather resin poison (hurts evil creatures) => Made from a feather log, a good tree.
 - All three cause massive pain, as well as a selection of random negative effects with a 7% chance on each hit.
 - As always you can coat ammo, traps or weapons with it.

NOTE: THIS IS A CHANGELOG FROM MY DEV-VERSION. THIS IS NOT RELEASED. I just post it here to see what kind of reaction I get. ;)

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1

I suggest making the liquid sun cause blisters 100% of the time, just for thematic reasons. Sunburn in a bottle!
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5