Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Character Block  (Read 8213 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Character Block
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:57:56 am »

Welcome to the Character Block, you've probably seen rollers or RP block, this is similar, but instead of game types, this is the place to post your awesome/hilarious character concepts. And then people will comment on them! FUN!
Oh, and while it will probably be a "free to use in your game" type deal, the person who posted it should have first dibs if you end up in a game with them. Common courtesy and whatnot.
Anyway time to create!

I'll start us off with my idea for a humorous D&D character.

A Scientologist Cleric.
I imagine he is Chaotic Evil and faithfully worships "Galactic Overlord Xenu"
Bonus points if you cross-class him to wizard and take the "Alienist" Prestige class :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Character Block
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:58:41 am »

Reserved for particularly excellent ideas. (Hall of Fame)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:45 am »

Posting to watch.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:14:37 pm »

A Scientologist Cleric.
Bonus points if you cross-class him to wizard and take the "Alienist" Prestige class :P

This seems rather offensive actually. But that's just me.

I've been thinking, recently, about a character designed around the idea that they're just always a drunk. Most of their equipment would be bottles of some sort. Melee weapon? Broken Bottle. Ranged Weapon? A bottle. AoE weapon? Molotov. I dunno why but it just seems attractive to play a character outside of my normal one.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:16:02 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »

So I play a game and I recently had an idea for a character. A mute illusionist who focuses on putting their enemies through there own personal hell. The reason they can't talk is because their mouth was sown shut at some point. They on the other hand are some of the nicest people you could meet and nothing really gives away the fact they are almost a monster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »

A Scientologist Cleric.

Not just you, to be honest. It's not even an accurate representation of what a Scientologist believes, as far as I know (Xenu being kind of the bad guy in their mythos from what I know). If you instead went the slightly subtler (and less stupid) route of a cleric whose modus operandi involves actually converting as many people as possible and obtaining a network of faithful money donors, that would be slightly better.

I had an idea for a possible NPC, perhaps an antagonist - a lich. Except this one, rather than being something like a wizard or sorcerer, instead is a bard, an actress/director, to be exact. Not really evil, more of a Chaotic Neutral type, and certainly not rich in common sense. She became a lich because she had a dream, a wild idea - an all-undead acting troupe, all enslaved to her will, all acting according to her specifications. They wouldn't need rest, wouldn't need payment and would have exactly as much soul and style as she gives them for a particular scene. Not only are there immense savings, but there is also a bold artistic statement to be made here, something about the dehumanizing nature of performance art or something.

However, all is not well with her noble endeavor, as no self-respecting theater will actually host a lich and her troupe, much to the woman's despair, as they would stain the reputation of the place, frighten the poor populace (not that she doesn't already do this by walking down the street) and probably cause property damage. As such, the lich is constantly depressed, as she hasn't even gotten to perform once in her new unlife. And since she blew all her funds on a phylactery, she can't even afford a theater of her own. All in all, she's at a low point in her life, and rather desperate to get a proper job - not like she needs to eat or anything, it's just that the boredom as well as the inability to convey her artistic vision is driving her nuts.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »

Hm, I really like that idea right there.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 04:06:13 pm »

A Scientologist Cleric.

Not just you, to be honest. It's not even an accurate representation of what a Scientologist believes, as far as I know (Xenu being kind of the bad guy in their mythos from what I know). If you instead went the slightly subtler (and less stupid) route of a cleric whose modus operandi involves actually converting as many people as possible and obtaining a network of faithful money donors, that would be slightly better.

I had an idea for a possible NPC, perhaps an antagonist - a lich. Except this one, rather than being something like a wizard or sorcerer, instead is a bard, an actress/director, to be exact. Not really evil, more of a Chaotic Neutral type, and certainly not rich in common sense. She became a lich because she had a dream, a wild idea - an all-undead acting troupe, all enslaved to her will, all acting according to her specifications. They wouldn't need rest, wouldn't need payment and would have exactly as much soul and style as she gives them for a particular scene. Not only are there immense savings, but there is also a bold artistic statement to be made here, something about the dehumanizing nature of performance art or something.

However, all is not well with her noble endeavor, as no self-respecting theater will actually host a lich and her troupe, much to the woman's despair, as they would stain the reputation of the place, frighten the poor populace (not that she doesn't already do this by walking down the street) and probably cause property damage. As such, the lich is constantly depressed, as she hasn't even gotten to perform once in her new unlife. And since she blew all her funds on a phylactery, she can't even afford a theater of her own. All in all, she's at a low point in her life, and rather desperate to get a proper job - not like she needs to eat or anything, it's just that the boredom as well as the inability to convey her artistic vision is driving her nuts.
No offense but that sounds like a love interest in a dating sim.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 04:15:59 pm »

Is that a bad thing?

Moreover, is that even plausible? Aren't liches... well... skeletal, mostly? It would be a rather strange dating sim to say the least, though that's probably not saying much.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »

Think of a lich as how Jesus looked when he came back. I a lich didn't have any wounds when they died then they are basically very pale people.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

Think of a lich as how Jesus looked when he came back. I a lich didn't have any wounds when they died then they are basically very pale people.

I imagine it does not last, however. That is, unless you take meticulous preservation measures. She'd still be very, very undead even if she did, though. Not to mention possessing an aura of fear if this is D&D.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »

I never said she would be a good love interest.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »

Is that a bad thing?

Moreover, is that even plausible? Aren't liches... well... skeletal, mostly? It would be a rather strange dating sim to say the least, though that's probably not saying much.

If Monk's Hatofull-Game did not already spark the thought - there is almost nothing that can not be made into a dating sim. Birds, Horses, Mystical creatures, Eldritch Horrors. I've seen - or at least heard - all of them. Oh, and for that matter, a lich-like reaper, sure enough.

Edit: Yeah, that is the reason why I wrote lich-like. It was only a close call. Still, the topic was about the undead not being good romancing targets, so it's close enough. At least if you ask me. ;3
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:11:38 pm by escaped lurker »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 05:04:53 pm »

I didn't read that as reaper.

On-topic: a guy who is angsty and brooding, but turns out to have some super power that makes him better than normal people but he falls for a normal person and fuck that's the plot of twilight right there.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: [1] 2 3