Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Character Block  (Read 7754 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Character Block
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 05:13:49 pm »

A Scientologist Cleric.
I imagine he is Chaotic Evil and faithfully worships "Galactic Overlord Xenu"
Bonus points if you cross-class him to wizard and take the "Alienist" Prestige class :P
This seems rather offensive actually. But that's just me.
Not just you, to be honest. It's not even an accurate representation of what a Scientologist believes, as far as I know (Xenu being kind of the bad guy in their mythos from what I know).
So, Christianity:Satanism::Scientology:His idea?

Anyways. Give me two works of fiction that are either well-known or that you've linked to the complete TV Tropes page of, Bay12!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 05:14:32 pm »

Portal and Lost.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 05:19:55 pm »

I wouldn't go for that anyway, angsty and brooding doesn't really work for RPs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 10:37:10 pm »

A Scientologist Cleric.
I imagine he is Chaotic Evil and faithfully worships "Galactic Overlord Xenu"
Bonus points if you cross-class him to wizard and take the "Alienist" Prestige class :P

This seems rather offensive actually. But that's just me.

Not just you, to be honest. It's not even an accurate representation of what a Scientologist believes, as far as I know (Xenu being kind of the bad guy in their mythos from what I know). If you instead went the slightly subtler (and less stupid) route of a cleric whose modus operandi involves actually converting as many people as possible and obtaining a network of faithful money donors, that would be slightly better.

I won't lie and say I don't have anything against Scientology, but I DID specifically say the character would be Chaotic Evil (thus justifying him serving the "bad guy") But yeah, the converting and money donors thing would have to be a staple as well.
Also possibly taking legal action against anyone who even looks at him or other Scientologists wrong.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 10:39:51 pm »

Portal and Lost.
Hm...okay, someone make a list of 20 characters from Lost please.

I won't lie and say I don't have anything against Scientology, but I DID specifically say the character would be Chaotic Evil (thus justifying him serving the "bad guy") But yeah, the converting and money donors thing would have to be a staple as well.
Also possibly taking legal action against anyone who even looks at him or other Scientologists wrong.
Oh, the Scientologist is chaotic evil. That'll make Scientologists less offended.
Wait, did I misspell "more" again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »

However, all is not well with her noble endeavor, as no self-respecting theater will actually host a lich and her troupe, can't even afford a theater of her own. All in all, she's at a low point in her life, and rather desperate to get a proper job - not like she needs to eat or anything, it's just that the boredom as well as the inability to convey her artistic vision is driving her nuts.

Never before have I felt the need to give a lich a hug.

*hugs*

It will be ok, Miss lich. You have eternity to see your vision through. It will be ok.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:16 am »

PTW for scientologist liches.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 01:29:14 am »

PTW for scientologist liches.
Sigged.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:12 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 02:39:25 pm »

Action Hero highly Charismatic Wizard-type.
*coughOsoerocough*

All I have to say.

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 02:45:50 pm »

This is more like a class: a mage styled around hacking reality. They are able to basically augment reality's code. They can't add anything directly, unless they get really good, but they can replace objects with an object of the same class (They can replace a gun with a sword, but he can't replace a gun with a flower) and augment physical details about a character like gender or race (So they can make a guy a girl, but they can't make him believe they were always a girl). As they get better, they can make their changes retroactive: that person always used a sword, that character was always the opposite gender. However, these won't stick for the character who's directly affected.

They are rather powerful, but luckily the majority of this class are nerds and thus spend the majority of their time arguing with each other about whether or not reality is coded in C++ or python or using it to get chicks.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 02:49:42 pm »

The end of that and the fact that they can change people leads me to see that as more of a villian class considering the easy thing of "Oh wait, why do anything when I can make people my slaves easily and have them think they've always done it. As a bonus I could just have them always love being my slave." boom. Campaign derailed by a bunch of people doing whatever they want with their large amount of slave armies.

"Oh a monster. Boom, it thinks I'm it's god. Problem solved. Moving on."

The end of it also makes me very uncomfortable though I can't say why.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 02:53:38 pm »

This is more like a class: a mage styled around hacking reality. They are able to basically augment reality's code. They can't add anything directly, unless they get really good, but they can replace objects with an object of the same class (They can replace a gun with a sword, but he can't replace a gun with a flower) and augment physical details about a character like gender or race (So they can make a guy a girl, but they can't make him believe they were always a girl). As they get better, they can make their changes retroactive: that person always used a sword, that character was always the opposite gender. However, these won't stick for the character who's directly affected.

They are rather powerful, but luckily the majority of this class are nerds and thus spend the majority of their time arguing with each other about whether or not reality is coded in C++ or python or using it to get chicks.
I could exploit that class in ways that aren't even funny so much it's not even funny.
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »

Hm, yeah, it is way too easy to exploit... And I can see why the last bit would make you kinda edgy, since it says that some of the mages there are just in it to get a girlfriend which is kinda stereotypical.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

Doesn't mean *I* don't approve, but I'm just pointing it out to ya.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 [2] 3