Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 937901 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12285 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:45 am »

The time dilation makes no sense in the presence of someone who would not be able to realize it is happening though.

... What?

Look...

Ashley was locked out of returning for two weeks. This applied in Creation.

While in the void, shit happened that created Nodoka.

Due to Nodoka's nature, her being created caused a bottleneck in Void travel, essentially locking down travel until she's old enough to open the door. Due to this, Ashley was unable to return until Nodoka had aged.

However, on the side of Creation, she still only had the barrier of a week or two due to stuff.

As previously noted, Void is weird. Among its types of weirdness is a nonlinearity of timespace relative to Creation.

Essentially, you can't travel back in time from your point of origin, but reentering Creation a couple weeks later instead of a decade? Completely doable, as her point of origin was when she originally entered.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: April 16, 2014, 09:12:40 am »

Why is Nadoka a thing again?

I mean, she suddenly appeared and it like, oh she is the gate keeper and stuff. Like, couldn't she just have been another void walker without the need for nonsensical angst?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: April 16, 2014, 09:14:13 am »

Why is Nadoka a thing again?

I mean, she suddenly appeared and it like, oh she is the gate keeper and stuff. Like, couldn't she just have been another void walker without the need for nonsensical angst?

Because there were too damn many people using 'it's a void thing' to excuse silly stupid character design. Therefore we needed an IC reason why they can't do that anymore. So a Gate was made.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: April 16, 2014, 09:16:31 am »

So you went with a silly stupid character introduction?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:03 am »

So you went with a silly stupid character introduction?

:| Relax, man. No need to get mad.

What exactly do you dislike about her?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: April 16, 2014, 09:21:50 am »

but void stuff in this game increased since nodoka
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: April 16, 2014, 09:25:10 am »

The fact that she wasn't needed in the first place and the fact that her introduction caused unneeded angst. I mean, do we prevent people from making silly characters if they're from creation? No, we do not. Why would we, it's only natural for the type of game this is for there to be such people.

Same goes for void entities. In fact, I think that void entities get more reason to be silly since they aren't of creation.

Also the fact that Void and Ashley being a thing is pretty out of left field. I mean, earlier that day Ashley and Void suddenly make out and then she dies and ends up having to stay trapped in void for a decade because 'void is weird' and oh yeah, she now has a kid.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:16 am »

but void stuff in this game increased since nodoka

... It really shouldn't have :| Since the only way for something from Void to get out would be to get out through the Gate.

This is probably because I haven't been here to call bullshit.

The fact that she wasn't needed in the first place and the fact that her introduction caused unneeded angst. I mean, do we prevent people from making silly characters if they're from creation? No, we do not. Why would we, it's only natural for the type of game this is for there to be such people.

Same goes for void entities. In fact, I think that void entities get more reason to be silly since they aren't of creation.

Also the fact that Void and Ashley being a thing is pretty out of left field. I mean, earlier that day Ashley and Void suddenly make out and then she dies and ends up having to stay trapped in void for a decade because 'void is weird' and oh yeah, she now has a kid.

Alright, going by paragraph.

1) Noone in this is strictly needed. It was an attempt to cut down on the stupid void shit.

2) No, they really don't. The Void is supposed to be, at is essence, an all-consuming eldritch mass of nasty. Not just 4chan incarnate.

3) Eh, there'd been tension for a while and I've seen more abrupt relationships.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: April 16, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

*only* way is rather silly. summoning alone already provides a different way, and there is always stuff that comes from the void that has been in creation for longer than just what, a month ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: April 16, 2014, 09:35:43 am »

*only* way is rather silly. summoning alone already provides a different way, and there is always stuff that comes from the void that has been in creation for longer than just what, a month ?

Those would in theory work, though the summoning would only work if the summoning spells were adjusted to reflect the bottleneck.

As I mentioned, it's the only way for them to REACH creation. nothing about being there.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:01 am »

And the reason as to why it HAD to be something that caused angst?

So... it is 4chan incarnate?

I have not. Strictly speaking Nadoka could have been introduced in less obtrusive manners.

Also on an unrelated note... Someone should probably change the tropes about Kyle and Conny's relationship to point out that there has been a but of a wedge in it. Which would probably be fixed by now if me and Cado had more time and there was less plot all around.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: April 16, 2014, 09:37:32 am »

Bad drama, to tell the truth. Seriously, I have to agree that that was even more contrived than half the crap here is already.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

Elf... My crit on the crafting roll?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:46 am »

And the reason as to why it HAD to be something that caused angst?

So... it is 4chan incarnate?

I have not. Strictly speaking Nadoka could have been introduced in less obtrusive manners.

Also on an unrelated note... Someone should probably change the tropes about Kyle and Conny's relationship to point out that there has been a but of a wedge in it. Which would probably be fixed by now if me and Cado had more time and there was less plot all around.

Because me and Jeck discussed it and it was what we decided on. Which has nothing to do with you.

No, 4chan is a cesspit of injokes and silly shit. Basically imagine a box full of every horrorterror and nightmare you've ever heard of or imagined in the dark recesses of your mind. And then give absolutely everything in it a nature that corrodes reality simply by existing.

Also, you probably didn't pay much attention to them, then :| They flirted pretty much EVERY TIME they talked before that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:06 am »

There are a lot less void entities that are very scary for the description you're giving me then. I mean, just about the only one that has been in a form that's legitamently scary was slender man.

And yeah, lots of friends do things like that.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1030