Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 935220 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14895 on: June 02, 2014, 06:34:30 am »

How about this? People can teleport  in or out of combat, they need to spend two consecutive turns channeling magic into their bracelet and the person they are teleporting need to do so as well. This thus only allows people to teleport to people with consent. Furthermore, it allows people to summon reinforcements if for whatever reason there is a lull in combat.

So the Void sorta creates 'danger zones' which take time to breach? I dunno, just trying to think of a way to rationalise it.

This'll work though, but the enemy will be allowed to call in support if it's applicable. We don't want every single PC deathballing a single boss without it upgrading or calling in reinforcements.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:37:17 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14896 on: June 02, 2014, 06:38:39 am »

I was thinking more like the bracelets don't possess nearly enough magical power to teleport thus requiring magic input yet due to having not been designed originally for such a purpose and due to their small size, it takes a while to sequestrate the input magic (I'd presume it goes off of volume or surface area).

Or seeing as it's been five years, people have gotten used to such tactics and have created countermeasures against those options.

I don't see why enemies couldn't. It does make sense for them to try and call reinforcements or escape.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: June 02, 2014, 06:42:47 am »

I was thinking more like the bracelets don't possess nearly enough magical power to teleport thus requiring magic input yet due to having not been designed originally for such a purpose and due to their small size, it takes a while to sequestrate the input magic (I'd presume it goes off of volume or surface area).

Or seeing as it's been five years, people have gotten used to such tactics and have created countermeasures against those options.

I don't see why enemies couldn't. It does make sense for them to try and call reinforcements or escape.

Could work, also Stella's Perk is not actually fleshed out, its just an idea at the moment, what do you think?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:19 am »

Hmm... I wonder if true magic-based enchantments could be powered with doses of Stella's blood, specifically magical bullets, forming something similar to a Raufoss Mk211 thus using both its corrosive effects and magical properties to enhance the bullet's damage.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: June 02, 2014, 06:50:40 am »

Maybe.

Back on the 5 year gap topic, has the world taken advantage of magic? Will we see stormtroopers with lightning rifles and teleport scramblers? Co-operation agreements between various recently revealed sentient species and humanity? Is there a magic version of X-COM now? Many, many plot options to be explored.

Or is Status Quo, once again, god?

((now I want to play magic X-COM argh))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:54:53 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:04 am »

Well magic is no longer secret and seeing as mundane weapons were ineffective, research probably would have been devoted to mass producing any available means of leveling the playing field. Still it may offer a breath of fresh air to magic as well, I mean, if reusable magic circles with auto-recharging magic capacitors can be minimized, you could potentially re-purpose the technology for microchips to instead create layered sandwiches of tiny magic circles, possibly allowing mass enchantment/production. This is favorable seeing as it decreases the relative power of magic as things like a bullet to the head become viable options again.

People were already beginning to use magic for profit so that would likely continue.

Plus if anyone looked underneath the IRS headquarters, they may or may not find a giant magical circle.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:51 am »

Hmm... I wonder if true magic-based enchantments could be powered with doses of Stella's blood, specifically magical bullets, forming something similar to a Raufoss Mk211 thus using both its corrosive effects and magical properties to enhance the bullet's damage.

SO I stat the blood for completion's sake and flavour, no sooner is this done than someone wants to abuse it
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: June 02, 2014, 07:01:22 am »

Maybe?

I think for the setting, every player should write down 1-3 tidbits for stuff about the settings they'd like so, with explanations as to why they make sense etc, and then we compile them. If everyone adds something, already the setting becomes rather fleshed out.

a) Anti-magic fields, like IRIS already used them years ago have become relatively common, if expensive. The government uses them to cover most public areas and buildings, but private corporations, like banks, can also obtain licenses to protect their buildings from magic. Vigilantism is less and less tolerated, especialy if the magic used for it is harmful. Private companies need a license for anti-magic fields, and need to respect whitelists. Many magic communites are protesting against the fields quite regularly.

b) All magic users need to be registered, and if they want to use their magic in public, they need a license, so they can be whitelisted from the anti-magic fields. Get caught magicing in public without a license, and the punishment depends mostly on what you were doing, but is usualy handled demonstratively strict, to get the message across. Get caught without being registered at all and trouble awaits. These licenses require both a psychological evaluation and proof that you have your ability under controle.

c) There is a bit of tension going on in business, where magic simply out-performs traditional craft. A good example would be healers for example, who can deal with so many things within minutes and with little problem where traditional medicine has great trouble. However as medical magic services vary a LOT in quality, most insurance companies don't pay for them, making that kinda stuff something for the rich - further increasing tension. Meanwhile traditional doctors earn less and less, despite having spent so much time and money on education. Similar developments can be seen in many branches of business.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:55:44 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: June 02, 2014, 07:04:24 am »

Well, I wouldn't be the one abusing it, since I no longer play :P
Hmm... could you magically keep the blood cells in a sample alive for an extended period of time and induce leukemia in the sample? What would the effects be?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: June 02, 2014, 07:07:12 am »

b) All magic users need to be registered, and if they want to use their magic in public, they need a license, so they can be whitelisted from the anti-magic fields. Get caught magicing in public without a license, and the punishment depends mostly on what you were doing, but is usualy handled demonstratively strict, to get the message across. Get caught without being registered at all and trouble awaits. These licenses require both a psychological evaluation and proof that you have your ability under controle.
Interesting, that would shift the power balance towards users of The Twilight would it not? Since Creation and Void can get blocked yet The Twilight can't really get fully blocked unless you find a way to generate something to cancel out each subtype and then have all of those fields active simultaneously without interfering with one another...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: June 02, 2014, 07:09:57 am »

well, from what I understood, twilight is exceedingly rare and most people dont know anything about it at all
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: June 02, 2014, 07:13:05 am »

Yeah, normally that would be the case, however, Persona may have proliferated due to having a reliable way to grant it. Also, from my understanding of analytical psychiatry, generally, the older the person, the better, as they would have had more experience presenting a facade to their world possibly resulting in more powerful personae. So there is always the chance that veteran soldiers may be equipped with them.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: June 02, 2014, 07:14:43 am »

hmm three points, I wanna do something with the dragons but that was GWG's plot-line, lemme think for a bit

Also what about supernatural creatures that don't technically use magic?

Edit: got one at least,

a) Shape-changers are required to register as such and must carry identification for all of their forms where identification is required, if an unrestricted shapechanger they must settle on a base form for ID and be chipped.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:16:28 am by wolfchild »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: June 02, 2014, 07:15:46 am »

Well, anti-void does exist so that covers most of the rest. Superpowers are from a different setting altogether and Twilight is mostly uncommon.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: June 02, 2014, 07:18:33 am »

I think shape-shifting registration falls under magic registration. As for dragons, ask GWG I guess, or just post suggestions here and see if he approves
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1030