Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924239 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15255 on: June 04, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »

well, then it would also give you -6 in skill

what, you are moving super fast, and all your attention is on using it without crashing, hard to hit stuff, right?

I think +2 speed and +1 strength alongside semi-flight is more than enough. Note he does not need much of a speed buff, being a flying target already saves him from all non-ranged attacks. That is to be considered. Against melee targets that simply can not catch him while using it, he can just let the shadows do the work while doing drive-by attacks

((btw, he ain't 16 no more, unless he is 11 right now :p ))

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:41:47 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: June 04, 2014, 05:41:30 pm »

He is dead.

Also, I doubt that would be the case as it wouldn't think that you'd use the gear for much other than hit and run, and it's hard to dodge what you don't see.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: June 04, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »

not just that, as I said, it makes you basicaly immune against melee enemies.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: June 04, 2014, 05:43:47 pm »

And? Hilda can fly as can Icarus but you don't have anything against them.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: June 04, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »

which probably will not be left unpunished by GWG when he goes over it, also until Icarus gets her combat body back, she can not fly.

anyway, the problem is not the flight, it's the +13 in stats total, +2 with the weapon. +15 is about twice as much as was placed as the guideline for items to start with. Anyway, it's projeck who has to protest the nerf, if he even sees the need to. Not you. I will not argue with you about projecks charsheet. Also sleep time

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: June 04, 2014, 05:49:38 pm »

Even if the had it before the update. Right...
Akroma isn't saying that he can't have it, he's just saying that he can't have a horribly broken version of it. And this is a problem. I'm not sure why any stat bonuses should be going along with it! (And I agree that there should be a skill penalty. You're moving fast, it should be harder for you to aim. If you're sneak-attacking with it, that should be a different thing entirely from the gear.)
kj, you know what "balance" is, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: June 04, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »

Okay, just think of how fast the 3D Maneuver Gear propels people. Fast enough to make it extremely hard to hit them. And with that speed, momentum plays a part. I'll nerf it a little. But not as drastic as you want.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: June 04, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »

Okay, just think of how fast the 3D Maneuver Gear propels people. Fast enough to make it extremely hard to hit them. And with that speed, momentum plays a part. I'll nerf it a little. But not as drastic as you want.

But the problem is not the logic behind it, the logic makes sense. It is the stats themselves, just like Kyle's armour.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:18 pm »

And thus I question why it would be only +2 to Speed and +1 to Strength? And -6 to Skill? Think of this: Tobias has 5 years to perfect how to use the 3D maneuver gear, so no need for -6 to Skill. And he can find ways of making it go even faster, and thus increasing his momentum, thus increasing his Strength /past/ +1. And it's only a bonus if he's using it, which requires him to have plenty of room to use it. So for example, an urban environment would be perfect for them, but a hallway wouldn't. It's really not OP, and for good reason. His magic has pretty much proven useless in the past, with GMs of plots always ignoring that the Shadows have some sort of chance to do something, so he has good gear to make up for that. I have plenty of reason as to why it was why it was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: June 04, 2014, 06:12:00 pm »

The "hard-to-hit" makes one equally hard to hit someone else. After all, motion is relative. If you're moving fast enough relative to an enemy that it's hard for him to hit you, he's moving fast enough relative to you to also make it hard for you to hit him. It's basic logic.

Think of this: Tobias has 5 years to perfect how to use the 3D maneuver gear, so no need for -6 to Skill.
Why? It's still hard.

And he can find ways of making it go even faster, and thus increasing his momentum, thus increasing his Strength /past/ +1.
How?

Your argument about weak magic is...interesting. Do you want me to stat up Tobias, and give him the advanced 3D gear and training and such as part of his power/perk package?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: June 04, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »

It's pretty much the only thing he's got to be completely honest, so sure.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

And thus I question why it would be only +2 to Speed and +1 to Strength? And -6 to Skill? Think of this: Tobias has 5 years to perfect how to use the 3D maneuver gear, so no need for -6 to Skill. And he can find ways of making it go even faster, and thus increasing his momentum, thus increasing his Strength /past/ +1. And it's only a bonus if he's using it, which requires him to have plenty of room to use it. So for example, an urban environment would be perfect for them, but a hallway wouldn't. It's really not OP, and for good reason. His magic has pretty much proven useless in the past, with GMs of plots always ignoring that the Shadows have some sort of chance to do something, so he has good gear to make up for that. I have plenty of reason as to why it was why it was.

The -6 to skill was only a counterargument to the logic that going at intense speeds would provide that big a bonus to strength and speed.

Now that we have actual rules for the magic and abilities there is less of a chance of them being ignored, even if that wasn't the case we might as well give every summoner really good equipment as there is a chance their summons could be ignored by the gm.

Anyway I'll let GWG sort it out as he offered to stat it up

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: June 04, 2014, 06:20:10 pm »

Tobias's shadows have repeatedly been just shrugged off. Given their turn, but not even rolled for. Not even a big one with a higher stat pool than any PCs was just thrown to the side and was said to "not do anything"

*Projeck sighs.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »

There isn't really any excuse for that, that really sucks. I hope it does change once we get the reboot up and running.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:36 pm »

Tobias's shadows have repeatedly been just shrugged off. Given their turn, but not even rolled for. Not even a big one with a higher stat pool than any PCs was just thrown to the side and was said to "not do anything"

*Projeck sighs.

If it makes you feel better, I've been paying attention to your shadows when I've GM'd my plots.

Also, Dalia is more fleshed out. Maybe not 100% finished, but she should be good enough for RPing. And for being a plot hook for my next plot, which is surprisingly less far-reaching than the one I just dropped. Also I need to talk about what all of my characters did during the five-year timeskip, shouldn't I? I'll work on that now.
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1030